Re: Upgrading old sounds

Class401 wrote: ~~
You impressed me yet again! These sounds are phenomenal and if they truly deserve to be implemented to the game.

If you don't mind me requesting too much, could you perhaps create some new sounds for SCP-096? What I would suggest is remaking the sound 096_4.ogg and DoorOpenFast.ogg, and then creating a new sound for 096 smashing through a door by charging into it (just in case that becomes part of the game). This would be greatly appreciated.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Re: Upgrading old sounds

Prune wrote:
Class401 wrote: ~~
You impressed me yet again! These sounds are phenomenal and if they truly deserve to be implemented to the game.

If you don't mind me requesting too much, could you perhaps create some new sounds for SCP-096? What I would suggest is remaking the sound 096_4.ogg and DoorOpenFast.ogg, and then creating a new sound for 096 smashing through a door by charging into it (just in case that becomes part of the game). This would be greatly appreciated.
I can't thank you enought! :)
I was actually planning to get to those sounds next. :wink:

Re: [Update V2] Upgrading old sounds

Ah, thank you new based members! These sounds are pretty great, a lot of the sounds in CB could use a tune-up.

Only gripes are 173's sounds and a couple of 106's sounds. 173sound# in the original game sounds like some concrete creature, but the updated ones kind of sound like concrete crumbling, a lot more generic. And I love all the 106 sounds except for 2 and 3, which could use some tuning up from the standard water gurgling. Also, the machine.ogg sound is a lot better than the current one in-game (doesn't sound very clockwork, does it), but I imagined 914 having a lot more deep, slow cog-sounds in it as well (sort of like this 914 thing I did a year ago).
It slep time bunner.

Re: [Update V2] Upgrading old sounds

Omniary wrote:Ah, thank you new based members! These sounds are pretty great, a lot of the sounds in CB could use a tune-up.

Only gripes are 173's sounds and a couple of 106's sounds. 173sound# in the original game sounds like some concrete creature, but the updated ones kind of sound like concrete crumbling, a lot more generic. And I love all the 106 sounds except for 2 and 3, which could use some tuning up from the standard water gurgling. Also, the machine.ogg sound is a lot better than the current one in-game (doesn't sound very clockwork, does it), but I imagined 914 having a lot more deep, slow cog-sounds in it as well (sort of like this 914 thing I did a year ago).
Yeah, Omniary's 914 sound is much more '914'-ish than this one. But I guess it is kinda like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and one person may think differently about this than the other.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

Re: [Update V3] Upgrading old sounds

So, this is another update.
Changes:
-Upgraded 3 more sounds. (Doors/DoorOpenFast.ogg, Bell.ogg and Burst.ogg)
-Created Doors/Door096Slam.ogg, a sound of SCP-096 slamming a door open. Created upon request by Prune.
-Improved Oldman2.ogg, Oldman3.ogg and Machine.ogg based upon feedback from Irontaco, Omniary and WillWow_mc.
-Removed 173sound1-3.ogg
Class401 wrote:
Prune wrote:If you don't mind me requesting too much, could you perhaps create some new sounds for SCP-096? What I would suggest is remaking the sound 096_4.ogg and DoorOpenFast.ogg, and then creating a new sound for 096 smashing through a door by charging into it (just in case that becomes part of the game). This would be greatly appreciated.
I can't thank you enought! :)
I was actually planning to get to those sounds next. :wink:
Well, I was going to do it, but now I'm not because I would have to revoice SCP-096, and my voice simply can't sound so scary and freaky as SCP-096. Sorry. Maybe I am able to find someone who can scream like that, but until then I will not be able to change SCP-096's voice.

Re: [Update V3] Upgrading old sounds

Class401 wrote:This is version 3 of the upgraded sounds!
Changes:
-Upgraded 3 more sounds. (Doors/DoorOpenFast.ogg, Bell.ogg and Burst.ogg)
-Created Doors/Door096Slam.ogg, a sound of SCP-096 slamming a door open. Created upon request by Prune.
-Improved Oldman2.ogg, Oldman3.ogg and Machine.ogg based upon feedback from Irontaco, Omniary and WillWow_mc.
-Removed 173sound1-3.ogg

Recently I went through some sounds in the game's folder and noticed that some are not that high quality. These are mainly sounds which were implemented in one of the earlier versions of the game and haven't changed since (like doors).
So I got to work on "upgrading" some sounds and made this little pack.

You can download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l190sw2izso4o ... nds_v3.zip

I am always open for criticism. So if there are any ideas for improvement etc., post them down below.

Sounds changed:
Spoiler
Ambient/General/Ambient3.ogg
Ambient/Room ambience/drip.ogg
Ambient/Room ambience/ventilation.ogg
Ambient/Zone3/Ambient1.ogg
Doors/Door096Slam.ogg (requested by Prune)
Doors/DoorCheckpoint.ogg
Doors/DoorClose1.ogg
Doors/DoorClose2.ogg
Doors/DoorClose3.ogg
Doors/DoorOpen1.ogg
Doors/DoorOpen2.ogg
Doors/DoorOpen3.ogg
Doors/DoorOpen173.ogg
Doors/DoorOpenFast.ogg
Intro/Bang1.ogg
Intro/Bang2.ogg
Intro/Bang3.ogg
Intro/metal173.ogg
Radio/static.ogg
106escape2.ogg
914death.ogg
apachecrash1.ogg
apachecrash2.ogg
Bell.ogg
Burst.ogg
Button.ogg
Decay0.ogg
Decay1.ogg
Decay2.ogg
Decay3.ogg
generator.ogg
GlassBreak.ogg
Hiss.ogg
Lever.ogg
LightGun.ogg
LightSwitch.ogg
LureSubject8.ogg
Machine.ogg
Oldman1.ogg
Oldman2.ogg
Oldman3.ogg
Oldman4.ogg
Oldman5.ogg
Oldman6.ogg
OldmanDrag.ogg
PDbreath.ogg
PDimpact.ogg
PickItem0.ogg
Sounds nice. I by the way made new footstep sounds for 939:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/vjcnde ... n9j/shared

And I'm thinking of creating new sounds too for 106 with my own voice (which is already quite deep =p) and making it slower. And I was thinking if you could add the decey (or eggs breaking) sounds to them.

Re: [Update V4] Upgrading old sounds

_M4Z_ wrote: [...] I'm thinking of creating new sounds too for 106 with my own voice (which is already quite deep =p) and making it slower. And I was thinking if you could add the decey (or eggs breaking) sounds to them.
(First of all I would like to apologize for the late answer. I was quite busy lately.)
Sure, I could do that. I always like to work together with other people. :)

Also:
Update 4! A very small update. It only changed the AI.ogg in the "Music" folder.
Link in the first post.