Re: Model Requests

Destructoid wrote:Have you ever felt a creepy urge to hug one of the characters from MLP? It's freaking me out. That or I'm trolling everyone, especially iron taco.
Stahp.
You may not hahve my job.

Pageking FTW.
I have left ze forums.

Thisisme wrote:
Destructoid wrote:Have you ever felt a creepy urge to hug one of the characters from MLP? It's freaking me out. That or I'm trolling everyone, especially iron taco.
Stahp.
You may not hahve my job.

Pageking FTW.
Nope! *Pew*
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

Honestly, the one in-game is fine. Although in the 0.5 update, his head change is a bit less like the original 173 pic.

I quickly got over the sudden change though, the new model doesn't surprise me as much as when the update was first released.
It slep time bunner.

SCP-173
The current model has an unnecessarily high polycount (~10k), so it could use some optimization.
I noticed it also needed some smoothing in the base of the neck, and also maybe some particles when it moves after you blink would be nice, since you know, he is made out of steel and concrete.

Also I have seen people complain about the head size since 0.5, maybe we should consider reducing it size back again, and you gotta admit, it really does look kind of funny.

Also, how do you check the poly-count on blender? Sorry I am pretty new to blender... and all this 3D stuff.

I will try to work out some models for D-class as well.
ndi05 wrote:I think 173 looks so organic right now.

I agree with this, I actually made a texture for it to look more like concrete a while ago, though maybe its better if we leave it like that and maybe some sound effects and better bumpy textures would work to give the impression that he is made out of concrete.

EDIT:
Here is the link to the Texture I made a while back http://oi49.tinypic.com/2h5n1o6.jpg, tell me what you guys think.
Inspiration is our best weapon.

CostaRic wrote:I noticed it also needed some smoothing in the base of the neck, and also maybe some particles when it moves after you blink would be nice, since you know, he is made out of steel and concrete.

Also I have seen people complain about the head size since 0.5, maybe we should consider reducing it size back again, and you gotta admit, it really does look kind of funny.
The head actually has been reverted as of 0.6, so there's no need for that anymore.

I don't really understand what you mean by particles, however. Like motion blur? And there doesn't really need to be anything to hint that he's made of concrete and rebar, you don't even see the rebar, I'm guessing it's like an internal structure, or skeleton.
CostaRic wrote:
ndi05 wrote:I think 173 looks so organic right now.

I agree with this, I actually made a texture for it to look more like concrete a while ago, though maybe its better if we leave it like that and maybe some sound effects and better bumpy textures would work to give the impression that he is made out of concrete.

EDIT:
Here is the link to the Texture I made a while back http://oi49.tinypic.com/2h5n1o6.jpg, tell me what you guys think.
The textures are quite nice in my opinion, they would make the model a bit creepier, but I don't see why it needs bumpy textures or new sounds. It actually has many concrete-esque noises and squeals it makes when it moves, as well as the rock-bumping sounds when you stare at it, so I don't see the purpose in that.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:The textures are quite nice in my opinion, they would make the model a bit creepier, but I don't see why it needs bumpy textures or new sounds. It actually has many concrete-esque noises and squeals it makes when it moves, as well as the rock-bumping sounds when you stare at it, so I don't see the purpose in that.
It actually looks like some sort of damaged egg in my opinion. Not like concrete at all.

SFK363 wrote: It actually looks like some sort of damaged egg in my opinion. Not like concrete at all.
Damaged egg? You have some very odd eggs in your possession, I think that the texture looks quite nice imho.
It slep time bunner.