Some 1.4 Suggestions [No New SCP Suggestions]

I decided to put some suggestions in that wouldn't effect game balance as much as a new SCP or take as much time to add as a new SCP. I added in a difficulty thing for how hard it would be to put in the game.

1. [Difficulty: Easy] Add an OVERRIDE sign above the keycard slots in the checkpoint rooms. This would give a reason for why you need a level 5 keycard to go from the heavy containment zone to the entrance zone, but need a level 3 keycard to go from the light containment zone to the heavy containment zone. (This idea is from the "Keycards not realistic" thread on the general discussion forum. The idea was made by That Same Anon and nightscout01.)

2. [Difficulty: Easy] Break the primary lighting lever like the heavy containment zone lockdown lever in the surveillance room. This would give a reason for why you can't turn the lights back on.

3. [Difficulty: Easy] Give a reason for why you can't move two levers in the light containment zone. In the 939 room trying to activate either of the levers after opening the doors will tell you that you already opened the doors. In the 012 room attempting to use the door level will tell you that the lever is locked/jammed in place. [Here is an Easy-Medium mini suggestion. When you press the hoist button in the 012 room after disabling the door control/speaking to 079 the text will change to say that you only disabled 079's control of the DOORS.]

4. [Difficulty: Easy] Make the 049 light containment zone catwalk event easier to trigger and fix it. Currently it appears to only trigger if you walk through the room for the first time AFTER the 049 surveillance room event. Making it able to happen before the surveillance room event would keep old players looking around and give new players a fright (since 049 will teleport off the catwalk and start chasing you after you get a few rooms away). Another problem with the event is that 049 appears to float in midair at times during the event.
Spoiler
He really can fly!

5. [Difficulty: Medium] EDIT: Back when I made this post I thought 079 was an entrance zone room. Maybe it can be fixed by changing the wall textures to look like a HCZ room instead of an Entrance Zone room? The same can go for the HCZ room testroom which has some LCZ walls and a tile floor at the bottom. OLD SUGGESTION: Fix the 079 chamber spawn bug. The room 079 has will usually spawn in other zones. It is very strange to see an entrance zone room within the heavy containment zone.

6. [Difficulty: Medium] Make it so that certain documents are only messed up in certain rooms. An example being that currently EVERY document in the facility about 1123 has "Don't touch" written in blood on the document. Also EVERY document in the facility about 372 has the tunnel code on it. These thing should only be visible on the versions you pick up in the chambers of each SCP.

7. [Difficulty: Medium] Back when the zones were made the office rooms were taken from the light containment zone and put into the entrance zone. They got some wall changes to make them seem like they were not a part of the light containment zone. Not every part of the entrance zone has had this happen though. The entrance to Gate B still has light containment zone walls. The entrance zone also has the same endrooms as the light containment zone. If the rooms were fixed and an entrance zone variant of the endrooms was added this would make the entrance zone stand out more in the game. [Here is a hard mini suggestion. Add a new type of door for the entrance zone hallways OR the light containment zone hallways (the other can keep the old doors). This will add more character to the zones and make it seem like the entrance zone is a zone rather than a less secure part of the light containment zone.]

8. [Difficulty: Hard] Add some more events to the entrance zone. Currently the entrance zone has the least amount of stuff happening in game. I believe that downtime is important, but in the entrance zone only two to four things (MTF, 173 before the MTF contain him, 049, and 106 if you didn't contain him on purpose) will be hunting you (the medical bay zombie is optional and usually falls out of the map quickly enough for it to not be a threat). This can be solved by adding in a few more events and fixing some of the current ones. An example of a new event could be 106 walking through an entrance zone hallway like he does in the pipe room. An example of fixing one of the current events is making it so that the entrance zone lockroom event can happen again (even after setting it to maximum chance 096 will not spawn in there).

9: [Difficulty: Easy] Fix the wallet. Currently the wallet is very picky about what you can put in it. You can put in keycards, but you can't pick up similar sized SCPs (427). You also can't put things in there that should normally fit. (SCP-500 and SCP-714 are examples of this.) The wallet also can't be upgraded by SCP-914.

10: [Difficulty: Easy] Bodies should be locked in place. An example of this is that when you start without an intro the corpse of the class D that walks up to 173 in the intro is near the door of the chamber when in the intro he dies in the back of the chamber. The guard in the starting chamber might also become one with a wall.

11: [Difficulty: Medium] Make guns look broken or out of ammo to show a reason why players can't pick weapons up. The gun from the coffin guard could be broken in half and the toilet guard's gun could be shown as out of ammo. (No. I don't support giving the players weapons in the game.)

12. [Difficulty: Easy] Fix some of the events. In the room2elevator guard event if you are quick enough you can sprint into the elevator before he gets in. In the tesla rooms you can (barely) activate the tesla gate before the woman reaches it. The testroom event involving 1048 and the hand door is another example of this. Some solutions to this are mentioned in the bug report mega post I made.

I will add more ideas if I think about them. Please comment and tell me if any of the ideas are bad or if I messed anything up. Thank you for reading this!
Last edited by TheBestGameMasters on Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Some 1.4 Suggestions [No New SCP Suggestions]

Imagine my surprise when I visit a nearly-dead subforum and see my own name.
Spoiler
Add an OVERRIDE sign above the keycard slots in the checkpoint rooms.
I support this wholeheartedly. After all, the entire point of a security checkpoint is to make sure no one unauthorized gets through, hence the guard stations. Those stations probably have door controls. In the event of an emergency, high-level personnel can evacuate to another zone or the nearest evac shelter.
Break the primary lighting lever like the heavy containment zone lockdown lever in the surveillance room. This would give a reason for why you can't turn the lights back on.
Interesting idea, though I always thought 079 was messing with the power grid itself, overloading fuseboxes or something, hence all the electricity noises right before 173's escape. Maybe showing primary power and secondary power fuseboxes, and the primary one is smoking or sparking?
In the 012 room attempting to use the door level will tell you that the lever is locked/jammed in place.
Isn't the door control a button? Anyway, since 079's noise plays when the door opens, it's probably 079 keeping it locked open. Perhaps making the face flash on a screen would make it a little more clear.
Make the 049 light containment zone catwalk event easier to trigger and fix it.
I don't have much to say about this because I've never seen the event :doubt:
Fix the 079 chamber spawn bug. The room 079 has will usually spawn in other zones. It is very strange to see an entrance zone room within the heavy containment zone.
Honestly, I'd say that's more of a problem with the wall texture in his room than the spawn location. The entrance zone isn't supposed to hold most SCPs except a few safe-class items, and 079 is Euclid(Though probably placed in the HCZ for balance reasons, because it's already a trek to get from the electrical room to 079.)
Make it so that certain documents are only messed up in certain rooms. An example being that currently EVERY document in the facility about 1123 has "Don't touch" written in blood on the document. Also EVERY document in the facility about 372 has the tunnel code on it. These thing should only be visible on the versions you pick up in the chambers of each SCP.
Can you even get multiple copies of those notes outside of random appearances in SCP-970?
entrance zone suggestion omitted for brevity
Agree.
Add some more events to the entrance zone.
Agreed, though it's probably very tricky to balance enough stuff without making it impossible to avoid both the SCPs and the MTF.
Fix the wallet.
Agree.
Bodies should be locked in place.
Seems pretty minor, but fair enough.
Make guns look broken or out of ammo to show a reason why players can't pick weapons up.
Would be nice to actually show that sort of thing. I do find the idea that the Suicide Guard only had one bullet to be somewhat silly, though.
Fix some of the events. In the room2elevator guard event if you are quick enough you can sprint into the elevator before he gets in. In the tesla rooms you can (barely) activate the tesla gate before the woman reaches it. A quick solution to these would be to make the character only able to walk and not sprint when they enter these rooms until the player can't mess up the event (the elevator closes behind the guard/the person runs into the tesla gate).
Agree. These events are awfully cool but need some fixes.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

Re: Some 1.4 Suggestions [No New SCP Suggestions]

That Same Anon wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:04 pm
Imagine my surprise when I visit a nearly-dead subforum and see my own name.
Thanks for replying. I will reply to your different sections. If I don't have anything to say I will just say "skip" so I can reply to your whole thing. Feel free to look at the part two of this in my bug report mega post. Sadly some of the things on there are from here, but most of it is new.
1. Thanks for the idea! I hope you don't think I copied it.
2. I went with the lever because I thought it would be easier to implement. Plus the lever is currently useless. On the note of broken power boxes I think the power box in tunnel2 (the 173 blackout HCZ room) has sparks coming out of it.
3. The hoist is a button. The door is a lever. The problem is you can't interact with the door lever at all making it seem less like a case of 079 has the door open and more of a case of D-9341 not having a brain. SCP-079 can also control the levers (The power room in the Entrance Zone proves this).
4. I believe you. I only got it to trigger once after scanning the game for a ton of bugs. It was also AFTER the security room event which left me stumped as to why it wouldn't trigger. The only reason I know it is an event rather than a SCP-049 teleportation bug is through the map creator.
5. Back when I posted this I still thought room079 was an entrance zone room. It wasn't until later I realized where it was supposed to go. It didn't help that it appears that for SOME REASON the Entrance Zone does mess with SCPs there. An example of this is room860, SCP-294 and possibly SCP-066.
6. The archive room is where the duplicates appear. Maybe a simpler fix would be limiting what items appear in that room?
7. Skipping because short.
8. Yeah. The main reason I put in that suggestion was because the Entrance zone felt lifeless compared to the other zones. It doesn't help with it LOOKING like the other zones.
9. Skipping because short.
10. The bodies being locked in place actually solves a lot of problems. It stops the body in room2shaft from falling though the floor. It also stops the intro guard and room4tunnels corpse from going into the walls. It should only happen to certain bodies though (not the floating one in room2storage).
11. The one bullet thing actually makes sense. If the guard is cornered, has one bullet left, and hears a possible eldritch abomination approaching his actions would make logical sense.
12. The event system can be crazy at times. I think the slow down thing I suggested could take players out of the experience though. Maybe the elevator guard could shoot D-9341 like the start room guard if he gets too close. The tesla could also shock D-9341 regardless of range if he activates the tesla before the girl. SCP-1048 could also disappear if D-9341 opens the hand door and gets to the other side so it doesn't vanish right in front of D-9341.