Re: SCP-096 Stuff

Juicy wrote:
chris0matic wrote:^^^

I was thinking for the head turning animation, it would activate if you got too close to 096, his head would be programmed to turn directly towards you. it would really startle the player
He isn't going to look at you because he's too shy :P
But maybe when you're looking at his face, he might suddenly turn towards you as if at that right moment he gets startled and notices you've seen his face.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-b ... foundation -> Dr. Bright for president! \o/

You know I allways thought of SCP 096 more creeply consuming you then simply chomp chomp and bite. More like its mouth unhidges wider sucking out vital fluids and skin and all organic matter like a twisted vacum. This to me suits a Data Explunged or REDACTED type imagery then simply consuming with jaw and teeth. At least to me anyway I thought of somthing a tad more alien and horriflying.

to be honest, I don't think we should show any kind of devouring or limb tearing animations in the game. I really like the idea Sparks had here.
Sparks wrote:Your vision slowly fades away before you, his open mouth move fast towards your face, then a cracking or crunching sound as the game goes black to tell you you died.
Basically I don't think we need to show any limbs or viscera flying about when he grabs you. He would pin you down, the player automatically turns to look up at 096, he lunges at you mouth wide open, and the game cuts to black with a gooey crunchy cracking sound. Then the Game Over screen shows up, maybe with more icky munching sound effects playing.

Remember, though a lot of people believe he eats his victims, his official file says that whatever he does is [REDACTED], so the game should portray this as well. It'll still be obvious to a point yeah, but it's still a good idea to keep what he REALLY does vague. Keeping the spirit of the original article and all.

That's my 2 cents~

Tikara wrote:to be honest, I don't think we should show any kind of devouring or limb tearing animations in the game. I really like the idea Sparks had here.
Sparks wrote:Your vision slowly fades away before you, his open mouth move fast towards your face, then a cracking or crunching sound as the game goes black to tell you you died.
Basically I don't think we need to show any limbs or viscera flying about when he grabs you. He would pin you down, the player automatically turns to look up at 096, he lunges at you mouth wide open, and the game cuts to black with a gooey crunchy cracking sound. Then the Game Over screen shows up, maybe with more icky munching sound effects playing.

Remember, though a lot of people believe he eats his victims, his official file says that whatever he does is [REDACTED], so the game should portray this as well. It'll still be obvious to a point yeah, but it's still a good idea to keep what he REALLY does vague. Keeping the spirit of the original article and all.

That's my 2 cents~
I still go by the idea you quoted.
Thanks for your opinion btw :)
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Juicy wrote:
Night wrote:
Juicy wrote:Maybe it shouldn't have eating animations, we could let it be [REDACTED]
Well, what if a MTF looked at 096's face and the player was there when it happened, 096 couldn't just do nothing.
^ :(
Ahhh, true, I completely forgot about that. I was just thinking for the player and not for whoever else might be around. For the player death it can be vague like I mentioned before, but for other characters like the MTF hmm... 8\c

I feel like, unless they're following the MTF around on purpose or just sitting next to 096 waiting for the MTF to show up, the chances of the player being around so witness 096 doing whatever he does to the MTF should be EXTREMELY slim. Maybe an event where, if the MTF and 096 meet up, there would be a site-wide sound clip that plays similar to the 682 sound clip.

Just tossing ideas out.

I personally feel, despite it being a great model, that his limbs and joints are too fat. He doesn't look malnourished, at least to me. I think maybe making the joints smaller and thinning out the rest would make him seem less "chubby" I guess?

Simbo wrote:You know I allways thought of SCP 096 more creeply consuming you then simply chomp chomp and bite. More like its mouth unhidges wider sucking out vital fluids and skin and all organic matter like a twisted vacum. This to me suits a Data Explunged or REDACTED type imagery then simply consuming with jaw and teeth. At least to me anyway I thought of somthing a tad more alien and horriflying.
It could be possibly done, but as of now, the animation it self (eating animation) is very long, I'll need to practice a little before I'll be able to go into such detail and work. :)
Tikara wrote:I feel like, unless they're following the MTF around on purpose or just sitting next to 096 waiting for the MTF to show up, the chances of the player being around so witness 096 doing whatever he does to the MTF should be EXTREMELY slim. Maybe an event where, if the MTF and 096 meet up, there would be a site-wide sound clip that plays similar to the 682 sound clip.
The MTF was just an example, it could be a class-D that tries to escape (like the player), it could be a staff member such as a doctor, it could be a guard, etc... Of course that those will be only in the future (I guess)but nonetheless, it's better to have an animation like this just in case.

Another thing that'll probably be good to do is rather than making 096 sit in one place doing nothing, is for him to roam around the facility, maybe going back to his chamber(not the silly lock-room) from time to time, that would heighten the probability of encountering him, both by the player and NPCs. But that's for the suggestions thread. :)

Ruins72 wrote:I personally feel, despite it being a great model, that his limbs and joints are too fat. He doesn't look malnourished, at least to me. I think maybe making the joints smaller and thinning out the rest would make him seem less "chubby" I guess?
You might have a point, but I assume that you saw that like this because of the way he looks like from the front, I didn't notice it at first, but his limbs are indeed too fat from the front, but if you'll look on him from the side they're actually thin (except for the legs, which are a little difficult to fix).
Thanks anyway. :)
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

yeah it was the front I saw. By the way is there a 096 art thread somewhere? I have drawings and want critiques. I think the mouth on my version of him looks too zombie-ish but I always picture his cheeks torn and his jaw dislocated so his mouth can open as far as it does.

If I may make a suggestion:

Maybe the player can come across 096 much earlier in the game, possibly in the middle of a hallway, but facing the opposite direction, and then the player witnesses another D-Class/MTF soldier coming in from the other door on the other side. They accidentally take a glimpse at his face, and as 096 goes into a panic, the victim runs back the way they came in, and shortly after 096 follows them, and out of the player's sight.

As the player traverses through the rest of the facility, they find 096 in his usual Lockroom, but with maybe a single limb from his victim lying next to him (though it may contradict what the article says about him not leaving a trace).

I just thought it might give new players a sneak peek at his capabilities, and it might give them a hint as to what they are meant to do/what happens if they come across him.

Just a suggestion I came up with... :) If it's taken into consideration, maybe 096 could have a new 'panic' animation, much shorter, but making it look like he is in a considerable state of severe emotional distress (as well as covering his face, maybe pounding the floor/walls, clawing at his face, etc.).

I hope I'm posting in the right topic...?
Ruins72 wrote:yeah it was the front I saw. By the way is there a 096 art thread somewhere? I have drawings and want critiques. I think the mouth on my version of him looks too zombie-ish but I always picture his cheeks torn and his jaw dislocated so his mouth can open as far as it does.
Sketch a SCP!

^There's that one, I guess?
SCP Chibi Group Shot

I am a light-(and weak-)hearted and timid individual who enjoys playing horror games and getting scared for no one's enjoyment :D :(

InikaMahri0607 wrote:If I may make a suggestion:

Maybe the player can come across 096 much earlier in the game, possibly in the middle of a hallway, but facing the opposite direction, and then the player witnesses another D-Class/MTF soldier coming in from the other door on the other side. They accidentally take a glimpse at his face, and as 096 goes into a panic, the victim runs back the way they came in, and shortly after 096 follows them, and out of the player's sight.

As the player traverses through the rest of the facility, they find 096 in his usual Lockroom, but with maybe a single limb from his victim lying next to him (though it may contradict what the article says about him not leaving a trace).

I just thought it might give new players a sneak peek at his capabilities, and it might give them a hint as to what they are meant to do/what happens if they come across him.

Just a suggestion I came up with... :) If it's taken into consideration, maybe 096 could have a new 'panic' animation, much shorter, but making it look like he is in a considerable state of severe emotional distress (as well as covering his face, maybe pounding the floor/walls, clawing at his face, etc.).

I hope I'm posting in the right topic...?
Nice idea for an event and possibly introduction to SCP-096 for new players, CB could definitely use a couple more of pre made events (if that's how you call it).

Yeah, I could do that, thanks for the suggestion. :)
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy