Model Requests

A topic for all the modelers who want to do something for the game, here's a list of some of the models I need. Just post here if you want to make any of these, so that we don't have many people making the same model.

SCP-173
The current model has an unnecessarily high polycount (~10k), so it could use some optimization.
Regalis wrote:Technical stuff:
- blitz supports .x, .3ds and .b3d formats, but I have converters for most major file types so the files don't necessarily have to be in these formats
- textures should be .jpeg, .png or .tga
Poly/Triangle Limit, so we can make the most aesthetically pleasing models that are optimized for your engine
Even the 173-model with 17,000 polygons didn't seem to cause any problems, so I don't think the amount of polys is a major issue. Anything less than 10,000 should be ok for the NPCs, but random prop stuff and items should have less than a few thousand polys.
Texture Size (Or give us a current texture for another model that has unused UV space, and allow us to map onto there. Two models one texture!)
1024x1024 is used in most textures atm, but I think 512x512 or 256x256 is enough for smaller models (like the key or stuff like that)
Preferred File Format .objs seem to be the most universal, but perhaps you have reasons to select another
.obj, .3ds, .b3d, .FBX or .x
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Re: Model Requests

Since this thread is fresh... people will actually respond because 096, 106, and 860 kinda died down. Let's keep them suggestions running! :)
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

I have a model for SCP-173, it has 1964 polygons on it, and has a texture and normal map.
Here are links to two pictures of it:
http://deathdude103.deviantart.com/#/d5jw63s

http://deathdude103.deviantart.com/#/d5jw5vq

(I apologize if this isn't the way to share an image, please let me know for the future)
Note that, as I say in the description, the facial features are different from the original, I sculpted in skeletal features.
The paint pattern on it is the same as the original though, so green eyes, red ears, you get the idea.
Let me know what you think, hope I can help with the game.

I can also make corpses if you want to spice up your hallways just a little.
let me know what you think of SCP-173.

Destructoid wrote:I don't think it looks very good to be honest, it just isn't 173. I think corpses would be nice.
OFFTOPIC: Damnit Destructoid! Your profile icon of Rainbow Dash keeps distracting me! :(
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

Destructoid wrote:I don't think it looks very good to be honest, it just isn't 173. I think corpses would be nice.
Thank you for the feed back, I could easily remove the teeth and rework the texture if you want.
As for corpses, what do you want? Different corpses for different deaths (such as a victim of The Old Man)?

chris0matic wrote:ATTENTION EVERYONE! 860 IS ALMOST DONE! TEXTURES AND FINAL TOUCHES NEED TO BE DONE! PLEASE CROSS OFF 860

860 is being made by the following: chris0matic(me), Mirocaine.
860 will be crossed off when Regalis receives it, don't want to turn anyone away in case the project is discontinued or unavailable.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
chris0matic wrote:ATTENTION EVERYONE! 860 IS ALMOST DONE! TEXTURES AND FINAL TOUCHES NEED TO BE DONE! PLEASE CROSS OFF 860

860 will be crossed off when Regalis receives it, don't want to turn anyone away in case the project is discontinued or unavailable.
Yeah, its not done yet, and when its done, it might still need some touches. Like 173 here. Its already done, but still needs some polishing.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:
Omniary wrote:

Yeah, its not done yet, and when its done, it might still need some touches. Like 173 here. Its already done, but still needs some polishing.
Alright.