Re: Model Requests

The problem is that the engine is old as hell, which means that you can't put too many high poly models in it, which is the main reason of why the models look so poor.

But then again, you won't stop to look at the old man for too long is he is chasing you.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Brunou8 wrote:That doesn't mean that they can't be improved.
My point is that he would not want to change them because he spent money to get them. Remaking the models for free would be a waste of his money.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

spartan322 wrote:The problem is that the engine is old as hell, which means that you can't put too many high poly models in it, which is the main reason of why the models look so poor.

But then again, you won't stop to look at the old man for too long is he is chasing you.
So, should we leave the models of SCP-513-1 and SCP-372 at their current state?
Trialtrex21 wrote: My point is that he would not want to change them because he spent money to get them. Remaking the models for free would be a waste of his money.
Actually, the money was donated but I understand what do you mean.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

spartan322 wrote:The problem is that the engine is old as hell, which means that you can't put too many high poly models in it, which is the main reason of why the models look so poor.

I realize this, its pretty obvious just looking at it. But the fact is low resolution models can still look good with proper texturing and various maps. And judging by the OP of this thread, maps can go up to 1024X1024, which is higher than the textures in some games such as skyrim (i think) and is plenty of room to "bake" down the details of the high res model onto a much lower res version suitable for the game engine.

I think I'll split my stuff off into a separate thread once i have something worth showing
Modeler, Texturer, Animator in training, and novice voice actor.

Spread the word: http://infinitescopeproductions.blogspot.com/

Brunou8 wrote: So, should we leave the models of SCP-513-1 and SCP-372 at their current state?
I never said that. I am all for having better models, but the first thing that has to be taken into account is being able to implement them without making the game unplayable due to the model being too much for the engine to handle.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote: I never said that. I am all for having better models, but the first thing that has to be taken into account is being able to implement them without making the game unplayable due to the model being too much for the engine to handle.
Well, that's not problem, as time passes the creators of the models will improve their models making them with less polygons, so I wouldn't be worrying about that.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Brunou8 wrote:

So, should we leave the models of SCP-513-1 and SCP-372 at their current state?
Trialtrex21 wrote: My point is that he would not want to change them because he spent money to get them. Remaking the models for free would be a waste of his money.
Actually, the money was donated but I understand what do you mean.
Trialtrex is right, you're wrong. Wanna know why?

SCP-513-1 is not a model, but simply a 2D image. SCP-372 isn't a model either, I presume.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...