Re: SCP-513

SCP 513 wrote:Well... You made your point.

I am going to redo the room, so it shouldn't clip through the wall again.
Here's a tip, when you delete faces on the brush to save performance (Select Subobject > select the face > delete), don't do it all at once, otherwise the room disappears in-game.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

I decided to make a completely new room instead of using the one made by SCP 513. The room was not shaped right and the doorways positioned wrong which caused the clipping. I did like the layout and the idea of the hole in the wall though, so the new room looks quite similar:

Pic 1
Pic 2

I also started working on SCP-513-1. It will have a slightly different AI than the original one, now you won't be able to get as close to it and it will actually move away from you instead of just vanishing. It will also follow the waypoints to get away from your field of view, not just noclip through walls. The 096 placeholder looks creepy as hell in-game, and some of the animations it has fit 513-1 surprisingly well.
Glitch wrote:I've not followed this thread much so, has anyone found a way to work around the SCP-513-1 victim slowly going insane and killing themself issue? Since that is why he was removed in the first place ,irrc.
And if the way of working around it was to make it the players choice on whether or not to ring the bell, what are you going to do to stop it being another 895 room?
"All test cases but one have ended with the test subject’s suicide." ;)

At first I thought I'd just make it another 895, but a while ago I got this idea that might work: what if you could destroy the bell in SCP-914 and "kill" SCP-513-1? Then ringing the bell wouldn't be a quaranteed death sentence, although there would still be no other reason to ring it than to see SCP-513-1. If anyone has any ideas on how to give the player a good reason to ring it, I'm all ears.
InnocentSam wrote:
SCP 513 wrote:One question: Documents are made in PS, right?
Yes. I think Reg has the .PSD file around somewhere.
http://www.scpcbgame.com/document.psd

Regalis wrote:-snip-Pic 2
Is that the old model I gave you like a year ago on the pedestal? :laugh:

Good god it's awful, I can get you a new one asap!

Regalis wrote:-snip-Pic 2
Maybe this can make a better apperance of SCP-096 too.
Just put SCP-096 nearby to have a reason for the hole in there and a lot of blood.

the room looks good :!: though what is the weird glass thing in the room with the tiles :?: :?
bleh

SCP-Sean wrote:the room looks good :!: though what is the weird glass thing in the room with the tiles :?: :?
It's meant to be the substance used to contain SCP-513 to prevent it from accidentally ringing. Some kind of Gelatine.

Also.

The Rooms are looking Great. And the Old 096 Model works perfectly!
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.