Re: SCP-990

SCP 513 wrote:Ah, you are back, scpharissee. Been a while, and also, your ideas are awesome.

Eh, I also spent many time here posting as well as in 513 discussion.
Thanks! Nice to finally see you again, and glad to see that you are finally in the game :twisted:

And nice to see you putting a lot of work into this, mrslig! It's guys like you who make ideas reality. Volgun might have done something similar to this already for 990, so you could go check that out for inspiration if you want to implement it on a broader scale!
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:
SCP 513 wrote:Ah, you are back, scpharissee. Been a while, and also, your ideas are awesome.

Eh, I also spent many time here posting as well as in 513 discussion.
Thanks! Nice to finally see you again, and glad to see that you are finally in the game :twisted:

And nice to see you putting a lot of work into this, mrslig! It's guys like you who make ideas reality. Volgun might have done something similar to this already for 990, so you could go check that out for inspiration if you want to implement it on a broader scale!
Nice to see you back at the forums, Harrisee!

Anyways, for the setting of 990, it would be good to have a massive grain effect in the dream. Make it so that you're near-sighted, and everything except the mushroom cloud from faraway is indiscernible. Also, if the colour is not black an white, it must be sepia. The area will be a park, like in the photo, and a gust of wind will be everywhere (if Blitz3d is even that powerful with wind). The trees will be coloured brown, which will simply be very dark in the sepia or black and white frame.

Finally, there is the bench, and you only get a single glimpse at the man. Then you sit, look ahead, and listen. Upon finishing scripted even, the world turns a white, then wake up.

You know, I like my games with a lot of foreshadowing.

Having a mushroom cloud in the distance would be a perfect way to allude to the Gate B detonations. Other small details, like helicopters flying in the distance would be neat too. I really wanna screw around with some sounds for this cutscene now.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:You know, I like my games with a lot of foreshadowing.

Having a mushroom cloud in the distance would be a perfect way to allude to the Gate B detonations. Other small details, like helicopters flying in the distance would be neat too. I really wanna screw around with some sounds for this cutscene now.
What, like the H.I.D. Turret blasting The Old Man but we see it from the turret's perspective, so people will just see it blasting a shadowed figure?
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Nightmare Tank wrote:
Omniary wrote:You know, I like my games with a lot of foreshadowing.

What, like the H.I.D. Turret blasting The Old Man but we see it from the turret's perspective, so people will just see it blasting a shadowed figure?
You'd need to make that turret shine like a christmas tree when it fires in the dream.

Speaking of which, the sounds need to be muffled. Of course, you can hear them, but muffling adds to the allusion of a dream. Only 990's voice is somewhat clear.

Don't worry.
I don't know if you'll all like what im doing with 990 but I guarantee you it will be good, surreal like a dream, grey dreary and full of mystery.
And with volgun's 990 work http://soundcloud.com/volgunstrife/990test2 It well be gripping!
I have based it off of this exact file.
The fairground in the distance its too good! Ive never heard anything so immersive!
It kind of reminds me of the bathroom scene in the shining.
The 990 model ive redone simply because 990 does not seem like the kind of person the walk around with his bulky arms hanging out and his tie painted on walkin leik serios shiz!!!
Im not very far with programming it...
I couldn't program if my life depended upon it.
If someone else could help that would be cool.
My exams will be done in November so I can work on it more again.