SCP-990

I've started to think about a new Intro idea and yeah. Longtext Ahead.

Like always, the intro music starts. (Kevin MacLeod - Blue Feather)

The white pitch appears. SCP-990 (or Tony) calls D-9341 in a loud, creepy voice. (Note: This is D-9341s dream and it voices could be used as Volgun's or Killing_You's)

SCP-990: Come here.
D-9341 comes closer to 990.

D-9341: Who... who are you?
SCP-990: Don't be shy. Your in a dream. I'm not going to hurt you. In your near future, you will suffer a nightmare in Foundation universe with various monsters of science, technology and brutalness.
D-9341: What... what monsters? What is this mess?
SCP-990: The immortal monsters. You will be defenseless. No firearms.
D-9341: This... this isn't true! Let me out! What is this dream?
SCP-990: Always remember: Run. Blink. Escape. (or Hide)

Then suddenly MTF slaps D-9341's face and returns to reality, where he is taken with an MTF Vehicle with other two Class D's to the SCP Foundation where the breach of containments will happen. Note: the main gate of Foundation is guarded by guards, the MTF will move away to their barracks.

Player moves D-9341 to his cell and touches the bed. Then a text appears: "A day passes." And then the original intro sequence.... Thoughts?

Some new items and mechanics:

Screwdriver: Could be used to fix and interact radio transcievers and navigators battery boxes... Or to interact a broken button on doors, elevators and such, to remove screws and connect wires to make them work. Screwdrivers could also be useless for using too much and they would be broken.

Improved navigation mechanics: I think it would be good idea to put navigator map in bottom right corner, when picking it up.

For SCP-500, i suggest to do a small pill bottle for it.

Boost Syringe: It could make you run any faster.

A Syringe: If you are loosing blood... In a fast way, now you could use a simple syringe to stop the player's bleeding.

Flashbang or smoke grenades or any other small item for distracting MTFs.

And for last words:

A scientist-research room could be good in the game. There would be some chemicals for environment and one SCP. (Any hostile or safe. Idk what to suggest) Note: Boost Syringe, A Syringe and a small bottle of SCP-500 could be located therefor.

As always: Regards.
Last edited by SCP 513 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: A Longtext of Ideas

SCP 513 wrote: The white pitch appears. SCP-990 (or Tony) calls D-9341 in a loud, creepy voice. (Note: This is D-9341s dream and it voices could be used as Volgun's or Killing_You's)

SCP-990: Don't be shy. You're in a dream. I'm not going to hurt you. In your near future, you will go through a living hell, filled with monsters beyond your imagination.
SCP-990: The immortal monsters. You can't fight, trust, or reason with them.
SCP-990: Always remember: Run. Don't look away, and don't look back. Escape with your life.

Then suddenly MTF slaps D-9341's face and returns to reality, where he is taken with an MTF Vehicle with other two Class D's to the SCP Foundation where the breach of containments will happen. Note: the main gate of Foundation is guarded by guards, the MTF will move away to their barracks.

Player moves D-9341 to his cell and touches the bed. Then a text appears: "A day passes." And then the original intro sequence.... Thoughts?
Okay, I slightly edited this quote to make more sense (changes are italicized), but this would be awesome.

Volgun, if you'd record D-9341's lines and PM them to me, I'll hammer out a short video of this demonstration.
My Acting Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TotalBunghole

Killing_You wrote:
SCP 513 wrote: The white pitch appears. SCP-990 (or Tony) calls D-9341 in a loud, creepy voice. (Note: This is D-9341s dream and it voices could be used as Volgun's or Killing_You's)

SCP-990: Don't be shy. You're in a dream. I'm not going to hurt you. In your near future, you will go through a living hell, filled with monsters beyond your imagination.
SCP-990: Always remember: Run. Don't look away, and don't look back. Escape with your life.

Okay, I slightly edited this quote to make more sense (changes are italicized), but this would be awesome.

Volgun, if you'd record D-9341's lines and PM them to me, I'll hammer out a short video of this demonstration.
Okay... this is more finer.

I would see a "demonstration" of your voice on this with Vogun...

Killing_You wrote:

Hmm I think the don't blink should stay there, so noobs know, what not to do. Also D's lines sound a bit to... theaterish for my taste. It's a tad to dramatic, in my opinion for a death row inmate. Also (nitpicking) I don't think the MTF would be the movers of the D class. Not trying to sound like i'm condescending or anything, just giving some constructive criticism :D

Agent Shlocky wrote:
Killing_You wrote:

Hmm I think the don't blink should stay there, so noobs know, what not to do. Also D's lines sound a bit to... theaterish for my taste. It's a tad to dramatic, in my opinion for a death row inmate. Also (nitpicking) I don't think the MTF would be the movers of the D class. Not trying to sound like i'm condescending or anything, just giving some constructive criticism :D
Oh no problem. Rough Drafts are open to criticism and subject to change; that's how good stuff gets put out. I tried to incorporate the "Don't Blink" into the dialogue without stating it outright, guess that didn't work out so well. Perhaps guards would move the D-Class, and as for his lines, well... I don't know how to improve them.
My Acting Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TotalBunghole

[/quote]

Volgun, if you'd record D-9341's lines and PM them to me, I'll hammer out a short video of this demonstration.[/quote]
Hmm I think the don't blink should stay there, so noobs know, what not to do. Also D's lines sound a bit to... theaterish for my taste. It's a tad to dramatic, in my opinion for a death row inmate. Also (nitpicking) I don't think the MTF would be the movers of the D class. Not trying to sound like i'm condescending or anything, just giving some constructive criticism :D[/quote]

Oh no problem. Rough Drafts are open to criticism and subject to change; that's how good stuff gets put out. I tried to incorporate the "Don't Blink" into the dialogue without stating it outright, guess that didn't work out so well. Perhaps guards would move the D-Class, and as for his lines, well... I don't know how to improve them.[/quote]
Now, I do hate excessive profanity, but I imagine a D class has quite a ah hem, colorful vocabulary. Perhaps throw in a well place F-Bomb or a what the hell, it would make him seem human I suppose.

Ive just posted this on another thread but I think its more relevant here.
Each section of rooms has very little room veriaty now so if we made twice as many rooms then the facility would look more normal I suppose, some of those rooms could be dark and need to be powered up in the power room, and the power room control panel could be locked with an anlogue key mechanism. and the key could be hid in the maintenance tunnels which should be pitch black and need a torch to go down in. If we had all these little problems the game could be massive.

I had to think on this one a bit but now I believe I like the idea. It's actually creative with how you're also informing the player the basics of what they will encounter by way of telling D-9341. I hope we can see something like this soon. Lets hope Volgun can record the lines. :)