Re: Flash light to clear some fog and slow down 106

Im not sure about slowing down baddies but considering the facilities split up now Each section of rooms has very little room veriaty now so if we made twice as many rooms then the facility would look more normal I suppose, some of those rooms could be dark and need to be powered up in the power room, and the power room control panel could be locked with an anlogue key mechanism. and the key could be hid in the maintenance tunnels which should be pitch black and need a torch to go down in. If we had all these little problems the game could be massive. :P

Tgbtgbt wrote:
mrslig100 wrote:Im not sure about slowing down baddies
SCP-106 is "weak" to light...
Spoiler
At the end of the game of gate A, The MTF use a Superflashlight or something to force 106 to go back to his pocket demension.
Flashlight vs Superlight (Which is a Tesla Lazor)... I think the superlight wins.

The odds of hurting 106 is 1/10000 when you have a flashlight.

Although I think having it to block out some fog ingame could work.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...

Flashlights will not work on 106 since the output doesnt have enough strength.

If one little flashlight as you all suggest was going to be added, it would never have the power to even make 106 flinch, I mean for god sake, he has breached containment lots of times where the whole facility had normal light, which of course is stronger than a flashlight.
The only thing a flashlight would be able to do to him, would be showing his body in a different way, casting shadows off anything on his body that is uneven.

The reason the HID turret succeeds in sending him back to the pocket dimension is because of its massive discharge of highly concentrated light particles, and high concentrations can produce a lot of heat, potentially vaporating some of the mucos his body is covered, and then cause burn wounds to this body.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

If anyone's played Slender: The arrival. You get a flashlight, and it has the ability to focus and stun some psychopath proxy. Any who, I felt way to empowered with it, and it kinda killed the horror a bit. I don't like the idea of being able to hinder an already slow moving force.... and I hate larry sometimes heh. The fog, uh I guess it could work, but I feel it'd make the game less... claustrophobic. And uh, that is scary. Well, maybe if you 914 the light, and get super (Like really damn lucky) lucky on very fine, you could get a supercharged flashlight that can slow larry a little. But it'd eat batteries like... really fast. That being said, I don't really like the idea of a flashlight... Maybe like a industrial red glow stick to make things look a lil freaky, while removing a little fog? Or a flare with the same effect, perhaps.

I love the idea of a flashlight. Not as a way to slow down SCP-106, but as a proper way of adding a false sense of security. All it should do is allow more visual range, and use batteries. Plus, it could likely flicker quite a bit when 895 is near.

This provides another opportunity as well. Perhaps there could be a room where the flashlight is scripted to run out of batteries, regardless of whether or not you recently changed them. Then when you turn it back on.. shoot I don't know. The idea is to have something similar to this: http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Creeper_Trap_Puzzle

But creepier and more in line with the SCP Universe. Such as, say, 019 or 080, depending on the direction we take.
My Acting Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TotalBunghole