Re: Room Suggestions Thread v2

Room: Testing Chamber
Generate more than once: No
Items inside: Medkits, Radio
SCP spawn point: 173 and/or 106
Explain: In the facility they seemed to know the abilities of the SCPs. They needed a place to test their strengths and weaknesses, to see if they would attack each other. They had no such place. So this would make sense.
Drawing if possible: A large open area with two doors and an observation room off to the side.

Nice design, Star.

Piggybacking off of Turbo, I made a similar comment on the old thread concerning an armory. I hoped that we can add the armory with empty rqcks for guns and ammo as well as wall racks with several gas masks. And in the wall where the door is, a row of televisions, all broken except one showing a scripted event. We need more scripted events.

Room: SCP-096 L-Corridor
Generate more than once: No
Items inside: None
SCP Spawn Point: SCP-096
Explain: An L-shaped corridor with SCP-096 hiding (Not really "hiding," more like "standing aimlessly") around the corner to serve as a jump scare and death to players unfamiliar with the room. It would have to look significantly different so that players familiar with the room can tell the difference and act accordingly.
Drawing if possible: L-shaped with two entrance/exits on each end.

Room: Changing Room/Locker Room.
Generate more than once: Yes. Will have different designs based on the zone type. Light Containment = Guard Lockers. Heavy Containment = Heavy Armory. Offices = Scientist Changing rooms and lockers.
Items inside: SCP 420-J, Notes on lockers, Gas mask, Bulletproof vests, Tools to be used in puzzle situations, Headlamp, Radio, Food (stamina recovery)
SCP Spawn Point: SCP 106 scripted events and spawns or SCP 049
Explain: An M shaped room with rows of lockers and benches organized into lines. Some bodies will be here lying against a wall or hiding in lockers (possibly jump-scare). A toilet room will be connected but will lead to a dead end with some unique items there.
Purpose: Provide player with some unique items that may be needed to progress.

Room: Conference Room
Generate more than once: Rarely in Office zone
Items inside: Documents, Random Audio/Video files (DOOM 3 style!),
SCP Spawn Point: None
Explain: A dead end room with a large screen with a projector displaying a broken image (maybe 079's face?). A large table in the center with chairs surrounding it. Various props scattered about (water dispenser, plant pots, bins, pictures, lamps etc.
Purpose: Provide player with back-story and hints.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Prune wrote:Room: Changing Room/Locker Room.
Generate more than once: Yes. Will have different designs based on the zone type. Light Containment = Guard Lockers. Heavy Containment = Heavy Armory. Offices = Scientist Changing rooms and lockers.
Items inside: SCP 420-J, Notes on lockers, Gas mask, Bulletproof vests, Tools to be used in puzzle situations, Headlamp, Radio, Food (stamina recovery)
SCP Spawn Point: SCP 106 scripted events and spawns or SCP 049
Explain: An M shaped room with rows of lockers and benches organized into lines. Some bodies will be here lying against a wall or hiding in lockers (possibly jump-scare). A toilet room will be connected but will lead to a dead end with some unique items there.
Purpose: Provide player with some unique items that may be needed to progress.
I like this idea. Perhaps, there could be names on each of the lockers, that reference random members and contributors of the game, maybe? Sorta like the locker room in the original Half Life, and Black Mesa too.
Prune wrote:Room: Conference Room
Generate more than once: Rarely in Office zone
Items inside: Documents, Random Audio/Video files (DOOM 3 style!),
SCP Spawn Point: None
Explain: A dead end room with a large screen with a projector displaying a broken image (maybe 079's face?). A large table in the center with chairs surrounding it. Various props scattered about (water dispenser, plant pots, bins, pictures, lamps etc.
Purpose: Provide player with back-story and hints.
Hmm, this has been suggested before and actually was in the games files at one point, until 0.7, where it was removed. The room itself was rather bland and had a screen and book on the table. I do think a new version could be added, perhaps with a clickable slide presentation clicker that could show different slides, and more backstory.

Room: 3 Level office.
Zone: 3.
Generate more than once: No.
Items inside: Papers, key cards, and S-NAVs, mostly anything you'd expect in a standard CB office.
SCP Spawn Point: Eh, maybe on one floor an SCP could spawn, like 096 or 173.
Explain: A standard 2 door hallway. At one of the sides, the wall indents, and there's an elevator in the alcove. You'll need a level 2 keycard to bring it down. There's 3 floors, you can choose which floor similar to how you can hit numbers on a keypad. Each floor has a slightly different office design, one for meetings perhaps, a general working area, and a printing room maybe? You could have a random chance of an SCP being on some of the floors, imagine having 096 patrolling blood caked cubicles and desks. Just something to make the office zone more... office-like.

Room: Zone introduction chambers
Zone: 2, 3.
Generate more than once: No.
Items inside: None.
SCP Spawn: Nope.
Explain: 2-doored rooms that introduce a certain zone to make them feel generally more divided. They will have signs based on which side you're approaching from, indicating what zone you're approaching. These will also limit the zones so that they branch off from one path. They'll look like checkpoints with large blast doors and abandoned booths where people would be approved before moving on.

Room: room22
Zone: 1
Generate more than once: Yes.
Items inside: None.
SCP Spawn: Nein.
Explain: Another hallway, although smaller, and like the original room2 from earlier versions of the game. Could hopefully break up the long stretches of identical halls.
It slep time bunner.

Brunou8 wrote:I found this image, maybe you can make a room based on it.

Snippity Snip
Wow, where did you find that?

The image is nice, but there really is nothing we can work with there. The site just doesn't have rooms that big (or maybe it does, but that one is huge).

Also, the site is all metal. I don't see growth inside a facility.

I always thought that the SCPs were ordered number by number but the game has random seeds for its difficulty.

So, here I found another pic, It is about a lab section of the SCP foundation, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it in the game.
I also have a question, Is the game seed divided in sections? like the "office section", "chambers section". It's just I'm not so sure.

And here's a idea. The facility on the game could be divided on levels. I don't mean levels like Super Mario Bros., I mean security levels or section levels only accessible by elevator, until the last elevator could be the two gates. What do you think?
Last edited by Brunou8 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest