[MOD] SCP-120 Endings

Hello all.

Basically, after SCP-008 was released (as a mod), I was not totally happy with it. In some ways, it was incomplete and I felt it could've been better. After some thinking, it might be that I pretty much didn't show it and have people suggest improvements as I developed it.

Note: If you would like to wait it out until the mod comes out to experience it/see what it contains, don't scroll down :)

So, here is what I've been working on for a while. SCP-120. Mirocaine has wonderfully fielded the model, I have done 4 of the ending maps and the containment room itself. I have yet to do the events that will occur on the player's teleportation to each location.

Desert location:
Player is teleported into a remote desert environment where there is a discreet SCP foundation shack. Looks shabby on the outside and on the inside is more SCP foundation-y. I have not done a concept for an event here just yet. Open to suggestions :wink:
Spoiler
Pacific Ocean location:
Player appears in a cargo area. Player is allowed to look around a little bit, then once they attempt to escape (attempting to open the door), an MTF guns down the player.
Spoiler
Moon location:
This was a fun one to do, and I'm still working on it. I was thinking the player appears in a storage room, office or just an observation room, then attempts to proceed down the hallway when SCP-106 rustles the jimmies of the player. This might be the only ending in which the player may be able to escape the moon by surviving the pocket dimension.
Spoiler
Greenland location:
I think I'm fairly done with this map, but still open to suggestions. Player appears in an office part of a SCP outpost, with a small window for viewing the frozen wasteland. Sign on board states where the player is. Attempt to escape via the door results in... something. Still working on the concept for that.
Spoiler
Here is the 120 document, sign and a label I made for the crates.
Spoiler
There are also other SCPs in this mod but they're not the main item of interest :)
Last edited by InnocentSam on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Re: [MOD] SCP-120 Endings

ndi05 wrote:Amazing.
One question though.
When did 106 landed on the moon? :D
Was going to inquire the same thing. One could wonder how 106 would happen to follow a random D-Class to of all places, the moon.

Really loving how this mod is looking. I love the general idea of showing locations off the site in the B3D engine, it just makes the CB universe more complete, like there's something other than the site.

Also, considering SCP-120 is used as a means of evacuation by personnel, will there be NPC encounters other than the Task Forces?
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Also, considering SCP-120 is used as a means of evacuation by personnel, will there be NPC encounters other than the Task Forces?
I am considering this, but the problem is voiceovers. I'm looking into it though, and hopefully I can get some new voices in :D
Omniary wrote:Really loving how this mod is looking. I love the general idea of showing locations off the site in the B3D engine, it just makes the CB universe more complete, like there's something other than the site.
Yeah, I was looking for some way I could do some neat mapping, but this was the only teleport SCP. I really wanted to do the Morgue SCP but that's off-site.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

I have an event idea for desert location.

Once you go into the shack, you read some documents and monitor messages. When you leave the shack, you will see 2 or 1 owner/ -ers going to your position. You will hear some lines from him and then you go to his Jeep car and the end.

Okay, there needs to be a secret cargo elevator in the shack, you press a button and the floor begins descending, and then the game fades to black. For the pacific ocean location add some ambient ocean sounds, some view bob and ship sounds, like creaking. The moon location doesn't look very pretty right now and space needs a LOT more stars and the milky way galaxy, and all the skies need higher resolution. Buzz Aldrin said that space is absolutely filled with stars. Perhaps the greenland location should teleport you into a room with two doors and a terminal instead. The small door would open into a hallway with an MTF inside. Interacting with the console would open another set of doors (A larger blast door) and into something like this
but into a snowy wasteland instead (WITH SNOWSTORM SOUNDS).

So that's my 2 cents and big ideas. :D
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!