Re: [MOD] SCP-120 Endings

Idea for the Greenland ending:
Spoiler
Upon exiting the door, the player is greeted with a massive blizzard, one where they can barely see within 5 feet in front of them. Afar, they'll see the Foundation airstrip and facility built there, and can choose to walk toward them, and be promptly shot at, or they can walk down the slope away from the buildings. A person over a loud speaker will command D-9341 to stop, but will lose power over you if you continue to walk away from them into a blinding snow storm. Eventually, the voice will fade away and the player will only be able to hear themselves and the howling wind. At this point, the player will begin to succumb to hypothermia. If they choose to put on a gas mask, the hazmat suit, or the ballistics vest, they'll be able to survive longer. A combination will provide immunity to the cold. Eventually, after the blizzard takes them somewhere else, the player will see distant lights of a small village, and the screen will fade to black.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Idea for the Greenland ending:
Spoiler
Upon exiting the door, the player is greeted with a massive blizzard, one where they can barely see within 5 feet in front of them. Afar, they'll see the Foundation airstrip and facility built there, and can choose to walk toward them, and be promptly shot at, or they can walk down the slope away from the buildings. A person over a loud speaker will command D-9341 to stop, but will lose power over you if you continue to walk away from them into a blinding snow storm. Eventually, the voice will fade away and the player will only be able to hear themselves and the howling wind. At this point, the player will begin to succumb to hypothermia. If they choose to put on a gas mask, the hazmat suit, or the ballistics vest, they'll be able to survive longer. A combination will provide immunity to the cold. Eventually, after the blizzard takes them somewhere else, the player will see distant lights of a small village, and the screen will fade to black.
What does D-9341 have a giant tag on his back saying his number?
Since the site hes in currently doesn't seem to be in a mother-fucking blizzard.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Cridone wrote:What does D-9341 have a giant tag on his back saying his number?
Since the site hes in currently doesn't seem to be in a mother-fucking blizzard.
I don't exactly understand what you're getting at, I never explicitly mentioned the loudspeaker voice calls him out by name, and I'm sure anyone working in the Foundation would be able to deduce the guy in the orange jump suit whom is trying to make a break for it is a runaway Class D.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
Cridone wrote:What does D-9341 have a giant tag on his back saying his number?
I don't exactly understand what you're getting at, I never explicitly mentioned the loudspeaker voice calls him out by name, and I'm sure anyone working in the Foundation would be able to deduce the guy in the orange jump suit whom is trying to make a break for it is a runaway Class D.
If the player dies in the snow-storm maybe it can say this:

"A lone Class-D walking through the snowstorm of area of site [REDACTED], DNA testing have shown it is Subject D-9341 from site [REDACTED]. Most likely died from Hyperthermia in the snowstorm. "

Or

"Subject D-9341 has not yet been found, either the subject managed to escape or has been [REDACTED] by numerous SCPs."
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Omniary wrote:Idea for the Greenland ending:
Spoiler
There would be no convincing/good way of doing this unfortunately. The terrain in 3D World Studio isn't very large, even on the highest setting. I like the idea of the player wondering out into the cold and dying of hypothermia. I might be able to do the airstrip then the player gets gunned down by turrets/MTF but I can't think of a non-tacky way of doing that.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile