Re: [Suggestion Topic] New scripted events

Akatos wrote:I just had an idea.

What about a room that looks like a little hallway with a glass window and a door leading into a small room with a big ventillation shaft at the ceiling. When you enter the room, you see a doctor or a guard in the room, whispering for help. Once you have sight contact, the lighting fails for a few seconds and you hear a neck snapping sound. When the room lightens up again, you see 173 inside the room and the ventillation shaft is cracked. If you blink then, 173 will break the glass window and tries to kill you.
That's too scripted. We don't want the game turning into a modern military shooter. SCPs like 173 should be able to "roam free" when it comes to their actions. Having him having too many scripted evens would take away from the game.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Akatos wrote:I just had an idea.

What about a room that looks like a little hallway with a glass window and a door leading into a small room with a big ventillation shaft at the ceiling. When you enter the room, you see a doctor or a guard in the room, whispering for help. Once you have sight contact, the lighting fails for a few seconds and you hear a neck snapping sound. When the room lightens up again, you see 173 inside the room and the ventillation shaft is cracked. If you blink then, 173 will break the glass window and tries to kill you.
That's a really cool idea! Ilike it. :)

I've posted some ideas for making two of the scripted events in the game "less repetitive" in this discussion:
http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3483
What do you think of them? :)
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

Dunno if this has been suggested before, but I think that in the room with the walkway above it that the player cannot access should have an event where the intercom scientist runs halfway across, shouts "Come on, this way!" whilst beckoning people over with his hands. Then he turns and runs, followed by guards. Just a small idea I had.

Just had another cool idea:

A room with a similiar shape to the entrance to the warhead silo. The door at the side (that leads to the elevator in the warhead silo) can't be opened. You can hear a person behind the door (the sound should be 3d so it really comes from behind the door). He stutters something like "Can someone hear me? Please! I need to get out of here! He's coming... He's going to kill me! Please! Let me out!" Then you hear decay0.ogg (the sound effect that plays when 106 spawns) and the person is getting very panic and starts to scream, then you hear a punshing sound and the room gets quite. And maybe you hear 106 laughing after the whole event. In the end the door to the room opens automatically and you can see a decay on the floor and in the corner where the person was before.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

What about a room that looks like a four-way, but one of the doors doesn't have a switch? Approaching that door causes The Hard-to-Destroy Reptile to have a hissy fit, slap the side of the facility, and make some of the ceiling drop in front of that door? If D-9341 is under it when it falls, squish!
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Nightmare Tank wrote:What about a room that looks like a four-way, but one of the doors doesn't have a switch? Approaching that door causes The Hard-to-Destroy Reptile to have a hissy fit, slap the side of the facility, and make some of the ceiling drop in front of that door? If D-9341 is under it when it falls, squish!
Sounds cool, but wouldnt it be hard to animate that without a good physics engine?
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?