Add more to the story

Well, I know that most of the story of the game is based on the SCP Foundation's story, but I think that it would be nice to make a deeper story for the game itself. Also provide the details about D-9314's story as well, let's say, why was he in the death row.

Also, some more mystery would also be perfect, aside from the theory about the Chaos Insurgency, making it deeper would be perfect.

I appreciate constructive opinions.
hentai

Re: Add more to the story

I do think there should be quite a bit more backstory, there's quite a few interesting characters that haven't been set up and developed. I like the inclusion of screens, and think there should be some computers in offices that display conversations in emails and whatnot. Don't think D-9341 should be given too explicit a backstory, he's one of the points in the story I think should remain ambiguous.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:I do think there should be quite a bit more backstory, there's quite a few interesting characters that haven't been set up and developed. I like the inclusion of screens, and think there should be some computers in offices that display conversations in emails and whatnot. Don't think D-9341 should be given too explicit a backstory, he's one of the points in the story I think should remain ambiguous.
That's a good point
hentai

I'm all for more story, as long as it doesn't evolve 990 appearing in D-9341's dreams for no apparent reason.
Like Omniary said, the protagonists story should be up to the player. There does seem to be a little bit of story in the making, like Dr Moore and the Chaos Insurgency's presences.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Adding more story to the game could be a very good idea, and I am making one right now. It should be dark and complex, the story could be why SCP-079 did the breach. The reason could be more than one, and they could to be connected one with another. Here's the most important, the reason(s) must be deep and with a dark background story, I don't know if somebody has another idea, I would like to see it.
Last edited by Brunou8 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Well, here's the current timeline of events we know:

09:20:21-38 "It's out" "Proceeding" text in Maynard's office. --> 09:21 - SCP-106 Breach confirmed, He heads towards SCP-079's chamber while the recall protocol is being set up. --> Unknown Client(Presumably Chaos Insurgency) hooks up 079 to the control network, fate thereafter unknown. --> SCP-106's Recall Protocol activates, SCP-106 Re-contained. --> Unknown Time Period: D-9341 Wakes up from a dream(?), Intro begins. --> SCP-173 Testing begins. --> Power shorts out. --> Begin game. --> Gate A/B Self-explanatory, due to your actions the outcome changes, From Being captured by Soldiers, To getting shot or blown up by a nuclear warhead.

The End of the story(For now)

EXTRAS:

Unknown time period: SCP_012_ON_MOUNT_GOLGOTHA.MP3 sent to Dr. Harp.

10:42:10 : Containment for 008 breaches, 079 Denies the irradiation and incineration protocols.
10:43:55 : 008's Viewing room evacuated.

Unknown Time Periods: E-Mails sent, visible on misc. Screens in offices, ect.

13:41:20 : SCP-682 Breaches at the surface, at Gate B(Gate B Ending ONLY)
13:43:02 : Alpha Warheads armed (Gate B Ending ONLY)

Thus, The entirety of the game is Around Three Hours in-story, Assuming the breaches were simultaneous. Else remove some minutes.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

Right out of my imagination: (Is kind of the Intro for SCP Aftermath ps: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 682#p59682)

--We follow the Ending of Gate A, where SCP-106 is contained in the pocket dimension, neither 173 or any other SCP is contained--

D-9341 wakes up, around him, there is lakes of blood and the apparent screaming of agonizing soilders.
He gets up and can see the debris of the roof that fell, he discovers that he somehow was saved (to be made).
D-9341 Begins to walk and in his attempt to find the escape way, discovers that the door was locked with debris, way too heavy for him to lift.
He goes south and returns to the patio where SCP-106 was contained.
**Dead soilders, one or two apparent Chaos Insurgency soilders also dead**
Once he notices all the dead bodies and the blood driping from the upper floor he goes in shock, but manages to stay up.
Noticing the stairs are still okay, he goes back up and looks at one of the towers and finds a shape of someone with a lab coat.
The shape runs down the tower, hurried.
An announcement is made, with a grave, nervous voice: "MTF Units stuck at the camera room (Where I suppose the intercom is at), please send help, we're completely out of bullets"
The sky is dark and it's raining, D-9341 decides to go back inside and look for the MTF Units to receive help from them, as they have no bullets
When he gets to the elevator, a voice says "Not so fast" and knocks him out.
D-9341 Wakes up in a dark room, tied to a chair inside SCP-173's chamber.

(You can continue if you want, the one that knocked him out is Doctor Mayniard)
(SCP-173 is not there, but you're supposed to figure out how to escape the chamber and find your way to the camera room, escaping from the falling debris and non-contained SCPs. (If you don't escape soon enough, SCP 173 will find you))
hentai

That story doesn't really work with the current story, since at the end you escape with the Chaos Insurgency, who is purposely caving in the tunnel with their bell of entropy.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.