SCP-294 will be added in the next update, as seen on my new youtube video
. Now we just need more drinks.
The drinks are defined in a separate .ini file in the data folder which can be edited by anyone (as suggested by Mirocaine
). The parameters in the .ini file are a bit limited at the moment, but they can still provide a lot of interesting results:
Code: Select all
;you can set multiple names for a liquid by separating the names with a "|"-symbol. ("[Wine|Red Wine|Grape Wine]" for example)
;color = the color of the liquid
;alpha = the transparency of the liquid (0.0 = invisible, 1.0 = nontransparent)
;glow = makes the liquid glow (true/false)
;sound = the sound clip played when the player drinks the liquid
;dispensesound = the sound clip played when the liquid is dispensed ("SFX\294\dispense1.ogg" by default).
;lethal = true/false
;death message = the text shown in the game over -screen if the player dies when drinking the liquid
;refuse = if set to true, the character refuses to drink the liquid
;refuse message = displayed when the character refuses to drink said liquid
;vomit = if set to true, the character starts vomiting after drinking the liquid
;blur = how many seconds the screen stays blurry after drinking the liquid
;message = a text shown on the screen after drinking the liquid
;damage = increases the injuries-value
;bloodloss = increases the blood loss - value
;stomach ache = true/false, has the same effect as appendicitis caused by SCP-1025 (decreased stamina and messages about stomach ache)
;stamina effect = changes how fast stamina decreases (1.0 = normal speed, 2.0 = decreases twice as fast, 0.0 = doesn't decrease at all)
;stamina effect timer = how many seconds the effect lasts
;blinking effect = changes how fast the blink meter decreases (1.0 = normal speed, 2.0 = decreases twice as fast, 0.0 = doesn't decrease at all)
;blinking effect timer = how many seconds the effect lasts
;explosion = true/false, creates an explosion similar to the one at Gate B
If you have any suggestions for new parameters, post them in this topic. It would be best if the parameters could be used in as many different drinks as possible - there's not much point in coding a "make_the_player_dance"-parameter for a cup of dancing for example.
Here are some crude examples of the liquids I've added so far:
Code: Select all
message=The drink tastes like a standard pale lager.
[Blood of Christ|Blood of Jesus|Blood of Jesus Christ]
message=The drink tastes like red wine.
blur = 15
lethal = true
death message = The mouth cavity, throat and face of the victim are covered in severe third degree burns. A layer of black, crystalline substance was found inside the mouth cavity. Sent for chemical analysis.
message=The drink tastes like fairly strong black coffee.
message=The drink tastes like apple juice.
[the best drink I've ever had|the best drink I've had]
message=The drink tastes like a Vienna lager you drinked years ago.
message=Well, that was refreshing.
[Wine|Red Wine|Grape Wine]
- You don't have to add "a cup of" in the name of the liquid, the game does that automatically.
- Please use the code-tags to keep this topic easier to read.
- Dispense1.ogg is a sound used for "normal" drinks like coffee, water, tea and so on. It's played in the video when dispensing water.
- Dispense2.ogg is a longer, rumbling sound heard in the video when dispensing liquid nitrogen. It should be used for uncommon liquids that are harder for SCP-294 to dispense.
- Dispense3.ogg is the sound heard when dispensing blood of Christ. It's for things that don't necessarily even exist in the real world, like "cup of music" or "cup of pertinent medical knowledge".
- You can make your own dispensing or drinking sounds of course, just post them here along with the liquids.