Re: Улучшение intro

I propose to add the game to play as a scientist and start the game with the Cabinet of Ministers, the player will come another scientist with the guard, and this will lead to a player when the speaker is sitting, and after SCP 173 works, the player will have to go the other way. (forgive the mistakes that I translated via google)

Re: Improved intro

As the document clearly explains in the intro, "you will be released at the end of the month"
I'd suggest some class D's talking about when and if they'd be released.

D1: So when do you think they are gonna let us free?"

D2: I dont know about you, but I've been told I'm gonna get released real soon.

D3: (to D2) Thats good for you but (to D1) if you read your file correctly it says you'll be freed at the end of the month.

D1: A month? Crap thats a lot of tests. And whats to say for the last test they throw us into a chamber with some what do you call it? SCP who murders you no questions asked?

Guard: (To D1) Thats exactly what'll happen if you dont follow our orders.

It'd be cool if the intro to where you're walking to 173's chamber would be abet longer, maybe 5 rooms you have to go through?

Here are some rooms I thought of:
Room 1: The three-way door room we have in the intro now. (the one with a pipe)
Room 2: A storage type of room with a window on the left, inside the room there's a bunch of crates. (Reg could probably just use a picture for the crate room)
Room 3: A room with a couple of monitors on the wall to the left, on the wall to the right there's a window that looks into a conference room.
Room 4: A short hallway with two doors on the left and a staircase on the right going down to another door, the second door on the left opens and a scientist comes out and says "Off to meet 173, are we? Have fun!", after that the scientist goes down the staircase and goes through the door. (the scientist could be the intercom voice one, or just a new one)
Room 5: The office you go through before 173's chamber.

Just suggestions.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

FireFox wrote:I wonder If there could be a Janitor absent mindedly listening to some Tunes on some Headphones as he sweeps the Floor.

Stereotypical, I know.
That's a great idea, what room though? And maybe he can be the same janitor you see get killed in the closet room, It will fill more with the "people were here".

Maybe he can be in the conference room wiping the tables, if you keep watching he'll go on to cleaning the white board, washing the windows, and sweeping the floor.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Improved Intro Sequence

So, I was thinking about this as a better intro than the one we have now (it sounds good):

There should be an improved intro where the start is the player waking from bed (with their eyes opening, like blinking) to the sound of the cell door opening, and there are three Class-D with them. The guard should say "We've got work assigned for you four, please come with me." The fourth Class-D should refuse, being shot and killed, and the player, along with the other two, continue on to 173's chamber, and enter. They're instructed as usual to enter the cell, and the door shuts. The power blows and the two Class-D with the player are killed, and the door opens right as it turns back on (due to the power failure, not issues with the door prior to the power blowing). The power blows again, and 173 smashes the glass to the guard supervising (I had an idea of putting him in a safer spot, rather than right smack in the open), and the intercom person runs quickly out. The door to the First Room would then unlock, and 173 would escape.

Sound like a good idea?

Edit: I'm editing this a lot to work with Regalis's thread (this post used to be it's own thread). If there's some kind of activity thing admins can see or something like that, I'm just touching this up. :)

Edit 2: Thanks for moving this, Omniary.
Last edited by Cpbald on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Re: Improved Intro Sequence

I'm going to merge this thread with the one here since it serves practically the same purpose.

As for your suggestions, I like them, I can reason and agree with most of them to an extent. I don't think the fourth D-Class would work well since 3 is the minimum needed and a fourth guy just would make things a bit weird (they'd have to replace him if they intend on having 4 Class Ds). Perhaps there's a small chance that one of the two Class Ds in your cell has a panic attack and he gets terminated. Then the guard will talk to a supervisor over the radio, whom states that a replacement subject from another sector has been prepped for testing. When you get to 173's chamber, he'll be there waiting for you and the other one. I do think that the suggestions for 173's chamber might be a bit too much, perhaps the lights go out once and the Class D who approaches 173 gets his neck wringed, while the doors start to close again. The other Class D freaks out, and tries to break out the door, but the power fails and the intro proceeds from the blackout.

I also think the intro should be expanded, showing an actual progression through the zones and facility (hopefully the class D cells aren't actually located two rooms down from 173's chamber).
It slep time bunner.