Re: Improved intro

Gonna be interesting, i have 1 suggestion for it.

After the guards have opened the door to your cell they should issue a warning to the class D being taken to 173's chamber, that if they try any funny business, like trying to walk or run away or go towards the potential scientists in the corridor or if you go back into your cell, would result in immediate termination.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Regalis wrote:
Omniary wrote:I think if it could be helped, a music change could be nice. A somewhat calming, less ominous theme could do for everything up to the point where you reach 173's chamber, where you'll be greeted with silence, and then The Dread as usual.
I agree. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Welp, I checked Incompetech for some more tracks to possibly use, it's the only royalty free site that provides all sorts of music that are high in quality. I didn't find exactly what I had planned, I had originally intended to find a track like this, mainly something built off a similar melody to that of the one that begins at about 35 seconds. Something not entirely depressing, but still calm and vaguely somber. The closest I could find by Kevin M was 'Almost in F'. It's basically a droning track that features repeating piano chords. It's more than 30 minutes long, so there's plenty of room for samples. It's not as calming, but somewhat fits the mood.

Oh, and another suggestion. I think it would be cool if you could, at one point in your voyage, walk down a long hall with several small 'safe' or 'euclid' level SCP's, parallel to eachother , on each side of the room. Essentially, it'd be a big cameo for several non-sentient SCP's to make that wouldn't otherwise serve a purpose, just as easter eggs, perhaps one could say. For example, SCP-504, 261, 513, 093, 970, 426, 408, etc. Possibly give you sneak peaks to what you're up against on the good side of town. Oh, and passing by 294 at one point would make a fun cameo. It doesn't have to be functional, you won't have time anyways.
It slep time bunner.

While I like the idea of seeing some of those in-game, I don't think they'd use a route with SCPs in full display to walk the D-class through... except maybe 294 since it's not really contained, just left on a break room. Perhaps you'd be able to see it in the office that is visible from the hallway. Alternatively, instead of an office, maybe it could be a testing room, with one of the safe items randomly appearing in there.
Creator of SCP-345, SCP-700, SCP-860 and SCP-966.

maaan this is all looking so great. I love the new intro and all of this brain storming for the dialogue. It'll be super interesting to see what gets chosen as the banter as the PC walks down the hall.

I would totally love to voice act for whatever dialogue is chosen, but unless there's a female scientist or something, then I doubt I'll be any use in the VA department.

I actually wouldn't mind trying some voice acting as well, I guess since it might be a role of a doctor, or scientist, I wouldn't have to worry about sounding like Duke Nukem (or any of the Dukes, hah), my only fault is my rather crappy mic.
It slep time bunner.

I know people are wondering how the D-Classes are gonna see the researchers and stuff because they wouldn't normal bring murderers past a busy offices but what if theres just a overhead catwalk with windows and such on either side and you can look down and see offices?

darktorin, Regalis posted this on the last page. Somewhat similar, I do a barrier of sorts could help, as mentioned by you and Mirocaine.
Regalis wrote:
Omniary wrote:I think if it could be helped, a music change could be nice. A somewhat calming, less ominous theme could do for everything up to the point where you reach 173's chamber, where you'll be greeted with silence, and then The Dread as usual.
I agree. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Has anyone found any particular songs? I've looked a bit, haven't found much on Incompetech. Long Note Three and Thunder Dreams are all I have to offer, needless to say, they aren't really 'calming' music, but they were the best I could find. Just keep in mind it should be easy to obtain and Royalty-Free. Wouldn't be that helpful if it was from another game soundtrack, nor if it had a cost attached to it..

That said, I found a track similar to The Dread called Anxiety if it could be needed in any situation, it's very similar and serves as good horror background music.
It slep time bunner.

Rem wrote:Hey Omniary would you like to try dubbing the lines by Irontaco with me? If yes, I suggest that at every passage I do the first line, you do the next, and so on. You could send me the audio files, then I put it together to get one. The difficulty is that we must sound as if we would be actually talking to each other. What do you think?
Rem makes a good scientist, I'm sure will have some lines soon.