Facility Recontainment

Okay, this is probably one of the most hotly requested features that is hell to code, besides 860 and a new Intro. Since i'm too terrified to play the game for myself, I was watching a Let's Play in which the MTF guards were forced to stop in front of 173 and ignore the player, and I thought that there could be a chance the facility could be restabilized.

So I came up with this system:

3 MTF Die, and the facility is stabilized - 25% (Out of 100%)
2 MTF Die, and the facility is stabilized - 20%
Etc
NO MTF Die, and the facility is stabilized - 10%

The facility enters a "Stabilized" mode when all objectives are completed. These include:
-Reluring 106
-Restoring power
-Boxing and removing 173 from the premises
-Disconnecting 079 from its power source
-Blocking out all cameras to 096's room and locking its doors.

In the "Stabilized" mode, 30 reinforcing guards will come in over a period of 1 hour in increments of 5 via something like a Tram station. They will assist in the following minor objectives
-Guarding 096
-Guarding all non-mobile SCP's
-Guarding ONLY Gate A
-Engaging 049 and all instances of it
-Guarding all containment zone entrances and patrolling their interiors.

After this is completed, one of three outcomes will happen. One, the facility will be in the dark once more as you hear 682 destroy part of the building, and you are essentially back where you started, except 173 is gone and more survivors are on premises. The second is The Chaos Insurgency shall reveal itself and, through a hijacked tram, will send 40 operatives and a roaming SWORD drone into the facility to:

-Kill any and all survivors.
-Collect all moveable SCP's.
-Reconnect 079 to its power source to regain control.
-Capture and detain the D-Class.

The third, and probably least terrifying option, is that full power will be restored, and around 16 researchers will spawn and roam the facility aimlessely, with only the goal to study the results of the battle, by seeking out SCP areas and writing on a little clipboard.

I know all of this would be hell to code. In fact I would be perfectly fine with only the "Stabilized" state being implemented. But i think if this did happen, the game would be even more awesome then it already is. And seeing as development is getting more and more into the depth of the MTF, I think the first part of this would hopefully be a good goal for future days.

Thoughts?

Re: Facility Recontainment

I do like this idea, yes. Restabilizing the facility and recontaining it is something I would like to see, but I don't quite know if it should be included in SCP Containment Breach, especially since you play as a Class-D, who the MTFs are hunting. Feels like it wouldn't quite fit.

If this could be pulled off, I think it may need to be in a separate game or something like that...
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

whathopercy wrote:Wow, now that you used that picture I feel really stupid.

But really, what else could you do? He just really sits there at the moment.
not all the time, at least in game. Look at the seen where he kills a security guard; after 096 kills him, he walks around aimlessly.
I'll go Nightmare Moon on your ass!

I like the idea, but I think that the recontainment should be an event triggered by the player. I mean that the player could do something to make the MTFs recontaining the facility, something big, I dunno, maybe the player could use the suggested Rail System for travel to an energy section of the facility and turn it on, this also includes that the Electrical Center room should be moved and enlarged, maybe there could be more than one switch, and meanwhile you're turning them on, there could be a SCP chasing you.

*Now that I see this old comment of mine I know that I had not bad ideas after all.
Last edited by Brunou8 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

It wouldn't be hard to code. And it shouldn't be random, what should happen is that the MTF should be made vulnerable, so that if they get picked off, then the facility will stay unsecured.
If they automatically did actions in their current room like recontainment of 106, they could get most of those things done, like the 079 and the power.
However, when this happens the game must be very near to it's end, as the player cannot defend themselves. This is why weapons would move the game from the breach to after it, and what I'm trying to accomplish in my mod.