Re: The New Suggestions Thread

EDIT: Ninja'd by slender, sneaky son of a gun :P

EDIT 2: I made a few mistakes. Sorry :? Animations like those which Zackonark and Syphen described would be neato! Jumping would be nice for debris you have to surpass. I kinda agree with the immersion argument, it adds a bit of panic to the game. And although I don't agree with weapons in-game, I apologize for my assness (if that's what the heck it's called). And after I stopped browsing the forums due to tiredness, I realised my error about the S-nav (goddammit I play CB yet I missed that). Also I know nothing about B3D, whoops! I was really tired when making that post. :|
Last edited by AgentParadox on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Spoiler
KirbyMario12345 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:>The inventory button (TAB) shouldn't pause the game. It draws away from immersion
So people aren't allowed a break from the game without dying? By that logic pause menus shouldn't work
@Kirby - By that logic, the Pause Menu shouldn't even be in the game. And he is right, it would be a bit more immersive if the game didn't pause.
KirbyMario12345 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:>The game needs a hot bar system. It doesn't need to be anything elaborate, just a small box in the bottom right hand corner would work fine. Using the right mouse button to activate/deactivate selected items, and the scroll wheel and/or number buttons at the top of the keyboard to select items in inventory. Similarly to Minecraft.
The current inventory is fine as is. It's had its many bugs ironed out, it really doesn't need a huge change.
@Zack - Kirby is right. A Hotbar would be stupid, since all you need to do is double click something in your inventory.
KirbyMario12345 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:>Jumping needs to be added in. This is more of a nitpick than anything, but I must say it sucks not being able to jump.
Not sure a D-Class is athletic enough to jump. On a serious note, if you want jumping, there's the SCP Fan Breach mod.
@Kirby - Yes, because there can be no use for jumping at all, nothing to be added, nope! And the Fan-Breach mod doesn't even have a capable form of jumping. It just teleports you in the air a few feet, and you glide down.

@Zack - While it would be useless, it would be cool if you were able to jump over some things. I mean, shits got to be toppled over, everyone's scrambling to get out of the facility.
KirbyMario12345 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:>It feels too rigid. This could be compensated by adding animations to every little item or by allowing the player to pick up and throw items laying around the facility.
This is SCP Containment Breach, not Garry's Mod. There are many items in the game and adding little animations to every one of them would take a few major updates. (Over a year)
@Kirby - What does Garry's Mod have to do with this? And why would it take over a year, and a few major updates? If Regalis, and some animator on the forums put their mind to it, an option for full body first-person and first-person animations could be done quickly. Besides, all he was saying was some animations for things like putting a Keycard into a slot, or pressing a button. Even picking items up from shelves. That would clearly take a year and a few major updates.
KirbyMario12345 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:>I believe there should be a completely randomized map generation setting. This could improve difficulty for players if they so choose.
The maps are already randomly generated, although restricted to a point where you won't get an impossible mish-mash of rooms. One of Blitz 3D's selling points is random map generation.
@Kirby - Uh, no, B3D's selling point isn't Random room-generation, where did you get that. It's a simplified version of Basic, quote the language name as "BlitzBasic".
KirbyMario12345 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:>I also believe that the zones need to be broken up by elevators. They could be loading points where sections of the map are spawned in or eliminated, improving frame rate and eliminating the need for teleportation which causes a lot of problems.
At this current time, that's not that big of an issue. Perhaps a few bug fixes will fix any present problems.
@Kirby - Little did you know, the Frame-Rate thing, and the teleportation problem is a thing. If you walk inside an elevator when teleporting, you fall through it, even though it's a slight chance. Frame-rate is an issue too, on some PC's, and eliminating parts of the map would be a good idea, since the map just loads shit like the maintenance tunnels into it. Gate B just spawns when the doors shut to the elevator and you start "moving".

@Zack - It's not needed, but it does seem something that can be cool when done. I was thinking sort of a split map like Half-Life. Loading-levels, and such.
KirbyMario12345 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:>The player should be allowed to pick up security guards' rifles. Most NPC's are unaffected by them anyways.
Oh no.. MEDIIIIIIIIC! THIS MAN HASN'T READ THE THREAD ABOUT WEAPONS... Ahem.. the thread explains why firearms will not be in game. There is also the FAQ, which you should have read. But if you want firearms, PXLSHN is creating a Nine-Tailed Fox Mod which is currently a work in progress. :)
@Kirby - You didn't need to be an ass. He probably already read it too, it's not hard to miss. He probably skipped over it. And while PXLSHN is making the mod, it would still be cool to play CB as a Class-D who has a fucking brain and picks up a gun to defend himself from shit like the MTF.
KirbyMario12345 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:>The S-Nav feels like a lazy excuse for a map system. I believe it should be a pen, a few documents, and the clipboard put together that creates a map.
Wat.
It's not just a map, it's a radar. Juanjpro's Irrlicht Engine Port has/will have a map, just wait for the game's official release, he'll announce it when it's done.
@Kirby - Little do you know, it is a map. It becomes a radar AND a map when you put it into 914 on Very Fine.

@Zack - While your idea is cool, it wouldn't make that much sense, since employees use the SNAV (apparently) to get out, or to do things across the facility.
KirbyMario12345 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:>A tape recorder would be a great way to introduce some SCP's. The acted interview on youtube where they captured 096 would work great here.
I actually agree. I think Reg commented on a video made by TheVolgun, that he was creating an SCP game (Good ol SCP Containment Breach) and that he was going to use a tape recorder and he wanted permission to use the interview that Volgun made. However, Reg never added a tape recorder in-game.
@both - Agreed.
KirbyMario12345 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:>shadows need to be added in.
Blitz3D doesn't support shadows. Again, Juanjpro's Irrlicht Engine Port will support shadows, so just look out for that. :)
@Kirby - Uh, B3D supports shadows, it's just hard to do with DirectX7.

@Zack - Yeah, I think that would be cool

Air the poster wrote:I want there to be a prank involving the cup of pee. Like Dr.Maynard leaves a note saying "A class-D gave me pee"
While that would be funny, I don't see much use in adding in more comic relief. Could a class D even give something like that to anyone?

@Kirby and Syphen
I would like to defend my hot bar (I thank you Syphen from preventing me from having to write a dissertation to Kirby).
I know eliminating the pause effect the inventory has would make sticky situations slightly harder to handle, and a hot bar would make it easier for the player to access their stuff as all it would require a quick scroll of the wheel, or the tapping of a button. Without the pause effect, getting your stuff out of the inventory would be hard to say the least.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

I think that some sleeping quarters for the staff, additional storage rooms and an armory with gun props(Like the armory in the Nine Tailed Fox mod) should be added to give the facility more depth.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

AveryLP wrote:I think that some sleeping quarters for the staff, additional storage rooms and an armory with gun props(Like the armory in the Nine Tailed Fox mod) should be added to give the facility more depth.
I disagree with the sleeping quarters. I don't think the Foundation wants its employees to use a site containing very dangerous entities partly as a housing facility. For the storage rooms I don't really agree or disagree with, but I'm fine with adding it if it's possible. The armory would be useless in the sense that players can now find an armory and be unable to pick up weapons. Perhaps an inaccessible door with a nice "ARMORY" at the top would be fine.

I actually thought a living guard would be cool. Kinda like a MTF in the light containment, maybe less powerful. Maybe he could freak out for a few seconds before realizing that it is just a Class-D.
I also played a horror game where a mental patient sat in the cafeteria, and tried to attack you with a fork. That would be funny in SCP (But I do not want it added, it is to silly)
I also thought a animation for the suicide guard could be cool, the animation would only load if you ran in there before he died. It just seems silly to see him dead while talking if you run in there. Or it could make your character stop on force.
Don't worry about your son, he will be sent to the deep dark depths in no time.