Re: The New Suggestions Thread

River wrote:-snip-
Not really. First of all, the class-D wouldn't know about the MTF. Secondly, why would he waste time on taking some guy's clothes because they are better than his? He's trying to survive in an area filled with deadly creatures and objects, you don't have time for that! Also, not being able to wear the gas mask or the hazmat suit, or whatever is a really cheap way to "balance" it. You are talking realistic human behavior, so why wouldn't he try to wear the suit AND the gasmask?
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:
River wrote:-snip-
Not really. First of all, the class-D wouldn't know about the MTF. Secondly, why would he waste time on taking some guy's clothes because they are better than his? He's trying to survive in an area filled with deadly creatures and objects, you don't have time for that! Also, not being able to wear the gas mask or the hazmat suit, or whatever is a really cheap way to "balance" it. You are talking realistic human behavior, so why wouldn't he try to wear the suit AND the gasmask?
No, they wouldn't know, but I do think picking it up "just in case" would be realistic, since you can pretty much pick up everything else that isn't nailed down. You've got a point about changing being time-consuming (although I imagine putting on a hazmat suit would take enough time for 173 to drop down behind you...not that I'm suggesting that as a feature, dear god no) -- maybe you would just take the vest and helmet, which would also solve the gas mask problem if it won't fit underneath. And yeah, the ideas I put out are cheap, hence the (probably unnecessary) explanation about why they wouldn't work. I'm still hoping to come up with something better. I'm not sure if there really is a way, but it's worth thinking about.
I can kill you with my brain.

Well I think that trying to disguise yourself as a guard or an MFT in order to get past security would be a good idea

Although it probably would take a lot of effort to get it to work correctly.

Mod edit: If it can be helped, keep your ideas in one post as opposed to two consecutive ones.
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

legendaryweredragon wrote:Well I think that trying to disguise yourself as a guard or an MFT in order to get past security would be a good idea
That kinda kills the threat that they pose, however, similarly to how implementing SCRAMBLE gear would kill the threat of 096.

I still stand by the idea of control calling out your position to the MTF via cameras, forcing you to disable the surveillance system (at the risk of turning off valuable monitors, like in lockrooms, or in 106's chamber). At least that way the threat isn't completely diminished, but you're at less of a disadvantage.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
legendaryweredragon wrote:Well I think that trying to disguise yourself as a guard or an MFT in order to get past security would be a good idea
That kinda kills the threat that they pose, however, similarly to how implementing SCRAMBLE gear would kill the threat of 096.

I still stand by the idea of control calling out your position to the MTF via cameras, forcing you to disable the surveillance system (at the risk of turning off valuable monitors, like in lockrooms, or in 106's chamber). At least that way the threat isn't completely diminished, but you're at less of a disadvantage.
I like the sound of that.

legendaryweredragon wrote:
Omniary wrote:

I like the sound of that.
I do too, it would work great with the idea of the security room posted by Raptorcyclone.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

Here is another suggestion from me. I think that at some point in the game SCP-079 should attempt to kill you by using SCP 096 against you. This would give SCP-096 a bigger role in the game and make it seem more of a threat. Just the way it is, it is too easy to avoid just by knowing how it works so I think it would make sense for it to have another way of it getting you. I think the best way for this to work would be that images of SCP-096 will start popping up only if you take too long to complete the game after you have reached a certain point, and the time that the SCP-096 images start showing up would need to be random, but the minimum time before it does start showing up would be long enough to give you plenty of time if you hurry. It also might be good if you got some kind of warning before it happens or the images would only show up at a very specific time in the game so that you would then know what times to avoid looking at the screens.
Last edited by legendaryweredragon on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And here is another great idea.
SCP-572 Katana of Apparent Invincibility.
Ingame Mechanics: Causes you to die stupidly if you obtain it. If you pick it up, you will receive a message saying, "Katana of Apparent Invincibility Obtained: Victory is Certain, Nothing Can Stop You Now, You Win!" The game's music will change to an epic song, such as "Indestructible" by Disturbed, which fits because this is how SCP-572 makes its holder feel. SCP-173 will spawn at the entrance to the room and your character will automatically attempt to attack it with SCP-572, only to get killed by it. In your dying moments the music changes back to normal and you receive the message, "I lied"

My full suggestion list is now on page 37.
Last edited by legendaryweredragon on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ehhhhhhh, why would 173 suddenly spawn? And the change in music and all just seems too sudden and doesn't fit the atmosphere of the game. Other jokes and easter eggs in the game were added in a way that the atmosphere isn't broken, but this one just breaks it completely.

Also, randomly showing you 096's face is a horrible idea, since it'll just make the player angry and frustrated after a while. It is also too unfair. 096 is already powerful, and everyone knows that.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:Ehhhhhhh, why would 173 suddenly spawn? And the change in music and all just seems too sudden and doesn't fit the atmosphere of the game. Other jokes and easter eggs in the game were added in a way that the atmosphere isn't broken, but this one just breaks it completely.

Also, randomly showing you 096's face is a horrible idea, since it'll just make the player angry and frustrated after a while. It is also too unfair. 096 is already powerful, and everyone knows that.
Yes, I already thought of both of those things and that I why I specifically said that SCP-096's face should only show up at a very specific time, such as if you take too long to complete a certain area and the chance of it should not be too high. And as for 572 I just think it would be a fun, alternative way to die in the game. If a player doesn't know what 572 actually does, they would get really excited to have finally found a weapon in the game, only to find that all it does is make them die stupidly would work pretty well in a horror game. It is something to troll the players by reminding them how helpless they are. I do admit that playing the song Indestructable probably is too silly but I think it would make sense for their to be a change in the music to reflect the character's change in mood due to its effects.