Re: The New Suggestions Thread

Same thing as I said before. Why penalize players if they take to long? That's a dick move. This is an exploration game, and we want to promote exploration, not them rushing to the finish line. "Oh, you are taking too long, here have an instant death" is probably not the best thing to give in a game were you are supposed to encourage exploration.

Although I see were you are going with the sword. The problem is that it'll be difficult to add its effects without taking the control away from the player, and without it being too out of atmosphere.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Tip of advice here, try to keep your ideas to a single post, double posting once or twice is ok but remember to avoid it!

And stop the "i'm better than you because i have more posts" fight, nobody's better than anybody here and try to take suggestions in a passive attitude.

Now back on topic, do not reply to what i have said.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

It will work best if the probability of SCP-096 images showing up is very unlikely. It should be a possibility, not a certainty. It should be a rare occurrence that players fear the possibility of whenever they are near something that could show them SCP-096's face. It would not be huge threat, just a small possibility. For example I think that if you are looking at a screen that has a possibility of showing SCP-096 for about ten seconds, the probability of seeing SCP-096 should be around 1/100, and only if you have reached a certain point in the game and only if you have taken too long after reaching that point, and so the probability of it happening is extremely low, but is just high enough to creep you out with the possibility of it happening. That is what makes SCP-096 scary.
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

I know. That is why it must be an extremely rare event that can only happen at a certain time, and isn't likely to happen even then.

My main point is that 096 needs to be more of a threat, because if they only way he will ever attack you is if you are not careful when you pass by the place he is located, then he isn't scary enough.

Maybe instead what could happen is 079 using 096 as a weapon against other characters in the facility and so he will be encountered in more than one place. Maybe their should be a scripted event where you suddenly see him run past you, narrowly avoiding the sight of his face as he rushes towards an unknown target.

My full suggestion list is now on page 37.
Last edited by legendaryweredragon on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That kinda kills the threat that they pose, however, similarly to how implementing SCRAMBLE gear would kill the threat of 096.

I still stand by the idea of control calling out your position to the MTF via cameras, forcing you to disable the surveillance system (at the risk of turning off valuable monitors, like in lockrooms, or in 106's chamber). At least that way the threat isn't completely diminished, but you're at less of a disadvantage.
Just putting this out here for reference, SCRAMBLE didn't work. However, I REALLY like the idea of a surveillance or security room. Maybe their could be monitors of D-class cells with no one in them. A maintenance section would also be a good idea. Sorry for jumping around but its late :P .

legendaryweredragon wrote:I know. That is why it must be an extremely rare event that can only happen at a certain time, and isn't likely to happen even then.

My main point is that 096 needs to be more of a threat, because if they only way he will ever attack you is if you are not careful when you pass by the place he is located, then he isn't scary enough.

Maybe instead what could happen is 079 using 096 as a weapon against other characters in the facility and so he will be encountered in more than one place. Maybe their should be a scripted event where you suddenly see him run past you, narrowly avoiding the sight of his face as he rushes towards an unknown target.
I still think this isn't a good idea. Even if it's extremely rare, when SCP-079 shows his face, it's going to make the player mad. Besides, what point is escaping if SCP-096 is just going to kill you later.
http://gorillagong.com/

I've become a gorilla.

That is why it must only happen under certain circumstances

1 It must only happen when you have reached a certain point in the game

2 It will only happen if you take too long in that area, and even then it probably will not happen. And so this means that will probably never happen to players who are skilled at the game and will only rarely happen to players who are bad at the game.

What I am saying is that if it is an event that only happens in a very specific situation that is easy to avoid, and you will probably be able to avoid it even if you don't know it is coming, it will be fine. The point of this event is to scare the player, not to make them frustrated with a random threat. This can work if it is done in a way that makes it extremely easy to avoid, not as something you can escape only by luck. It must not ever hurt players who are good at the game and have done nothing wrong. Although I did say it happens randomly, the circumstances under which it happens make it something primarily skill based. The reason why I say it happens randomly is to give players who are bad at the game a better chance to avoid it, so they will not get frustrated. To put it simply, if you are good at the game, you will never see this event if you play the game exactly the way you always do, and if you are bad at the game, you might see this event once or twice before you get better.

Alright then I am kind of tired of discussing this possibility. I will bring it up again when I have thought about it more.

Can any of you guys think of any other way to use 096? I really think that the game needs to have a least one or two events involving him, so if my current suggestion doesn't work out, can you guys think of other ways to use him?