Re: The New Suggestions Thread

Here are a few suggestions for the guns players may find on random guards.

1: The gun is corroded and unusable
2: The gun appears to be broken
3: The gun is of ammo

This is just three I could come up with. Also some guards may not have had assault weapons. Some guards could have had tasers or tranquillizer guns.

Hey Stormy! It's a while since I've seen you round. As for guns being picked up, most of these ideas aren't new (it being broken/non-functioning, or getting an electric zap due to a DNA matching system), but I think just giving a message when interacting with it that says any of the above would be nice.

Regalis actually said he was going to do something along those lines, think that was around 0.6 though so he probably never got around to it.

Edit: Here we go http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ide#p17612
It slep time bunner.

Hey there Ominary, good to talk to you again. I've been pretty busy so it's good to be back. :)

I wasn't aware that Regalis had already addressed the issue of the guard's guns, so thanks for the heads up with the link. I decided to respond to this topic since I've seen many Lets Players complaining about guns not being able to be picked up, or at least something explaining to them why they can't be picked up. I definately think a simple text sentence is the way to go with this issue, especially since we all prefer the game to be without guns. It maintains the feel of helplessness and horror in the game. Oh and one other thing, I love the idea you listed about guns with DNA matching and minor electric shocks to deter the player from touching the guns in first place. With that idea, Regalis could [If he wanted] implement places like an Armory in the facility without the need to explain why unauthorized people can't use facility issued weapons.

Oooo, I really like that idea. It is definately a much needed departure from the simple key card and access code method that we're all used to. I am always of the opinion that variety keeps things interesting. I'm curious, I noticed that in one of the recent Containment Breach mods that there is a Medical Bay implemented. Do you think that Regalis will add a room like that in the base game? Before I took a hiatus from the forum, I recall people suggesting a room like that to be added. The only thing I would add to what I've seen is that the Medical Bay be larger in size. It can have an area for emergency medical treatment, surgeries and autopsies.

Omniary wrote:Hmm, on the topic of DNA matching, perhaps some rooms might require a DNA pass via scanner, like an armory. Maybe to get in a special room with one of these locks you need to visit the PD and find a severed :EXPUNGED: .
This idea would go along the lines of Gate C. Maybe you could enter the PD and find a severed hand that leads to an office room (Perhaps the office that doesn't have an interior) that has a paper with the keypad number for the Gate C exit.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...

I think that a DNA or some other kind of Biometric test or password lock would be something you would get past using SCP-005. I think that it does not make sense that there are not more password locks or other kind of security in the facility. It is too easy to get through the whole facility just by stealing a few cards.
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

Yes, there should be more passcode locked doors. Think of it: Get an omni keycard, get to almost every room in the facility. It would be interesting if you had to find certain codes to progress, like maybe the checkpoint rooms requiere a code instead of a keycard, and that code could be found in a room in LCZ which can only be accessed with a keycard.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

My Suggestion List
Most recent suggestion:
I have a suggestion for an encounter with another human in the game. There should be a room where it is possible to encounter an unlucky level 1 personnel who is staring at 173, using his fingers to hold his eye open. In this room you have the option of helping him by keeping your eyes on 173 and timing you blinks so that 173 remains stuck long enough for him to escape through one of the doors, or you can abandon him and let 173 kill him. He will warn you when he is about to blink or turn away from 173 but the exact moment he blinks is slightly random. I was inspired to make this suggestion after I read the article for SCP-3467-J. Rescuing Him results in a reward.

I also have some suggestions for improving 106. I think that there should be areas in the game where 106 can ambush you really suddenly and give you a jump scare. After 106 has caught you at least once, he may suddenly drop out of the ceiling in front of you upside down right in your face if you are in one of the rooms with low ceilings. If you react quickly enough when this happens he will not catch you and then will start chasing you normally again after a short delay. Also, I have some ideas for improving SCP-106's dimension. I think that it should be possible to run while in 106's dimension but doing so will cause you to become dizzy and likely hurt yourself, so it would not be recomended. Also, I think that you should get to see more of 106 while you are trapped there. While in some of 106's rooms you should be able to see him or hear him. In some rooms he might just stand there, like he is going to attack but instead just watches you. And in some rooms he might chase you like he does outside his dimension, forcing you to run or suddenly jump out in front of you. and in other Rooms you might just hear him laughing.
I have a suggestion for some new rooms of 106's dimension. I suggest there be a room full of black puddles and pits in a location that seems to be outside. The way out is to reach a tunnel into the ground without stepping in the black puddles which is difficult because the safe places to step are very narrow. Another room is a staircase room, (Inspired by 087), it is a spiral staircase in a void that you have to walk up or down without falling off and then jump to a floating platform. 106 will try to scare you off. If you fall, you will fall for a very long time before ending up in a different room. Another room is a place where the walls slowly get narrower until they crush you, and the only way out is to find a hidden object. There should also be a room that is filled with bones (not sure what you would do in this one), a room full of threatening looking sharp objects that you must navigate, and a room of pulsing flesh that you have to climb to the top of, which is difficult because of the pulsating, like trying to climb up a giant beating heart. Somewhere there should also be at least one room that uses the sight mechanic in some way, either you have to look to something or try to NOT look at something. Finally, there should be at least one room that you can't escape from at all, but you will only end up in this room if 106 catches you too many times, each time he catches you, the probability of ending up their increases.

Spoiler
To see the most recent version of this list check page 37, or check most recent post containing this list

SCPs
SCP 472 The Bloodstone
Ingame mechanics: You can find it in its containment room. If you stay in its presence for too long or if you pick it up and take it with you, it will cause you to hallucinate blood on the walls, a loud heartbeat, and dead bodies, some of which move around and and others may appear suddenly when you blink, behaving similar to hostile SCPs but won't actually hurt you. It will also change the appearance of hostile SCPs to look similar to the halucinated bodies, making it difficult to tell what is real and what isn't. The advantage to doing this is that Hostile SCPs are also affected by it and may become confused when in your presence while you are carrying it. It will also drain your health and sanity, but at a rate that is so slow that it isn't really noticeable, but still enough to kill you if you don't pay attention.
(This one has already been suggested by somebody else. This is my idea of how it would work when I though of it.)

SCP 650 Startling Statue
Ingame mechanic: same as its article. Unexpectedly appearing behind you when you turn around and causing you to jump backwards in fear. After it had done this a few times it's behavior will change. It will start appearing in various poses that are meant to be creepy, such as cowering as though in pain, or looking as though it is clawing at a wall.
(I have seen that a mod that adds this SCP to the game but it needs more work. Currently it teleports to scare you but the position of its limbs never changes.)

SCP 743 A Chocolate Fountain
Ingame mechanics: Heals the player and boosts stamina if they drink from it but this will increase the probability that it will attempt to hunt them down.

SCP-136 Naked Doll
Ingame Mechanics: Viewing 136-1 for too long or to many times will result in the appearance of 136-2. You may become temporarily paralyzed or lose control of the character, due to fright. If you see 136-2 too many times you will die, similar to 895. After you have seen it at least once it may attack you randomly in other areas. 136-1 is located in a glass case in a room with more than one exit. Inside the room you will find a researcher who is being effected by it, he will die shortly after you encounter him. You have a possibility of finding a key card on the dead researcher.

SCP 312 Atmospheric jellyfish.
Ingame Mechanics: Found inside of a large chamber in the light containment zone. It will attack you if you see it's core eye, similar to 096 except that it can be escaped. You can find a key card in it's chamber and some other useful items, dropped by somebody it recently killed.

SCP 577 Bullet Cat
Ingame mechaics: This is a wandering SCP similar to 173, it can spawn in some of the same places that 173 does in the heavy containment zone, but far less frequently, or it may suddenly burst through a wall in the entrance area. It will attack when startled. It can be set off my sudden moves or noises.

SCP 162 Ball of Sharp
Ingame mechanics: Similar to 012. Looking at it causes you to be drawn to it and touching it will result in entrapment and death. Can temporarily trap 106 if you lure it into the chamber. (106 can't be injured by it apparently but it still can effect it's mind) Located in light containment.

SCP 116 The Brittle Boy
Ingame Mechanics: You can let it out of it's chamber in the light containment zone. If you do, it will wander around searching for a method of committing suicide. Eventually it will be killed by either 106 or 173, or will have committed suicide.

SCP 266 Will o' the Wisp
Ingame Mechinics: It will follow you around for a while if you encounter it. It drains your stamina when it is close to you.

SCP 1411 Dangerous Light
(not sure about this one, the article for it has a very low rating but I liked the idea)

SCP 122 No More Monsters
Ingame Mechanics: Somebody tampered with it in order to release 122-1. You will have to avoid them and pick up 122 to restore it back to power. If you don't move around enough while near 122-1 or 122 you will fall asleep, resulting in a game over. 122-1 will try to block your progress and will sing lullaby songs to you. (Note: I am not sure about this one because I have noticed that there are some inconsistencies in the article and some parts of it are unclear, so it might not be possible to get it right.)

SCP 451 Mister Lonely
Ingame Mechanics: Wanders around randomly. Unaware of what is going on.

SCP 244 Ice Fog Jar
Ingame Mechanics: You must place the cap back on 244-1 to prevent the fog from escaping in order to progress. You must avoid 244-2.

SCP 1770 The Maker of Chains
Ingame Mechanics: You can find it in a humanoid containment Cell in the heavy containment zone. It is harmless and usually unresponsive. You can let it out and it will wander around a little bit. it may be attacked by 106.
(I plan on making a model for this scp as practice in a few weeks, before i start working on 136)

SCP 988 Unopenable Chest
Ingame Mechanics: Attempting to open the box or even just approaching the box will immediately trigger an event that will prevent you from opening it or reaching it such as spawning 173 or 106 in the room.

SCP 1021 Exit
Ingame Mechanics: SCP-1021-1 is used by the foundation as an emergency exit. Finding this SCP leads to an alternate ending. However, it is difficult to reach because it is heavily guarded.

SCP 178 "3-D" Specs
Ingame mechanics: If you put these on you will see strange creatures. They attack you if you touch them, although they are easy to avoid because they usually move away from you if you get too close, although there is a small possibility that one will decide to follow you. If one does follow you, you can stop them by closing a door behind you. A possible use for this item is that you can refine it in SCP-914 to turn into something more useful.
(A mod has been created that as this SCP to the game but I didn't think it was done well enough. The monsters were not detailed enough and did not look like the description in the article and their behavior needed more work.)

SCP 1404 Cereal Bowl
Ingame mechanic: mostly the same as its article. it will exist in the game just to creep you out. I think it would be best if you found it in an unexpected place.

SCP 1090 Cordless Headphones
Ingame mechanics: make you hear unsettling music and sounds. if you wear it for too long the music will continue even after it is removing it.

SCP 627 Perpetual Circle
Ingame mechanics: Found in is containment room, surrounded by a lot of equipment, but does not do anything other than look unsettling.

SCP-572 Katana of Apparent Invincibility.
Ingame Mechanics: Causes you to die stupidly if you obtain it. If you pick it up, you will receive a message saying, "Katana of Apparent Invincibility Obtained: Victory is Certain, Nothing Can Stop You Now, You Win!" The game's music will change to an epic song, such as "Indestructible" by Disturbed, which fits because this is how SCP-572 makes its holder feel. SCP-173 will spawn at the entrance to the room and your character will automatically attempt to attack it with SCP-572, only to get killed by it. In your dying moments the music changes back to normal and you receive the message, "I lied"

SCP-002 The "Living" Room
Ingame mechanics: You can find it inside of a large room, which has more than one exit, so you can pass through it to reach other rooms. While you are inside of the room containing SCP-002 it is possible to enter SCP-002 and look around inside of it. While you are inside the room containing 002 your sanity meter will drain, but at a very slow rate, and so you actually can stay in it for several minutes safely.

SCP 017 Shadow Person
Ingame mechanic: The same as it's article, although it might be difficult because it uses shadows and I am not sure if the game would support something like that. It might possibly be used as a way of trapping other SCPs.

SCP 718 Eyeball
Ingame mechanics: Works very similarly to its article. A large group of them is found in a heavily secured room, attached to the walls, floor and ceiling, plus a few that are mobile. If look at them for too long, you will be drawn towards them and will attack them, causing them to explode and replicate. You can use them for trapping 173, although this is very risky. When you cause 718 to explode it is possible that new ones with form on your body, which can be helpful to you because it will improve your vision and make you incapable of blinking. The cost of this is that you are much more vulnerable to sanity damage and if you reach the end of the game with 718 on your body it will cause a bad ending.

SCP-1129 Hyperarousal Response
Ingame Mechanincs: I am not entirely sure if this one would work but it is a good idea. Read the article. If you don't want to read article, basically it is a bizzare looking creature that causes extreme fear in anybody who sees it and may cause permanent paralysis if you see it too many times. In the game, if you encounter it, you would have to avoid looking at it to get around it. If it is added it might have to work somewhat differently than the article says.

SCP-956 The Child Breaker
In game Mechanics: it somehow got loose during the massive containment breach due to the fact that it was being tested on when the attack occurred. It wanders around the facility and can be randomly encountered similarly to 173 although much less frequently. It is possible but unlikely to see it moving on the security cameras. While you are in the same room as it, or in any adjacent room as it when the door is open, it will not move. It is able to open doors but it will not open any door leading to the room you are in if it is in an adjacent room the way 173 will. It is possible to discover the room where it was contained along with it's SCP document. Near the end of the game you may hear that the MTFs have contained it, or that it has escaped from the facility.

SCP 796 River Cat
In game mechanics: When you start a new game there is a small probability of this thing stalking you throughout the game. You can see it when you are in dark areas, usually following a short distance behind you, sometimes making soft footstep sounds.
(This one has already been suggested by somebody else. This Is my idea of how it would work when I thought of it.)

SCP-882 A Machine
Ingame Mechanics: The room containing SCP 882 is a safe zone that 173 can't get into as long as you keep the doors shut although 106 can get in. This is because nothing in the room containing 882 contains anything made of metal, this includes the doors leading to the room, which open non-electronicly. You stop 173 from getting in by sealing the doors from the inside once you enter. The room may contain a needed item such as a key card. Staying in the room for too long will cause you to hear a metal grinding sound that gets worse over time. This sound will very slowly disappear after you leave the room. 882 itself is suspended in a massive tank in the floor the room. Jumping into the tank will cause death. You will be forced to do this if the grinding sound gets too loud.

SCP-682 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile
Ingame Mechanics: There is a possible event where SCP-682 will burst out of the floor of one of the large rooms in the game. During this event the goal is do avoid being seen by 682 otherwise he will chase you. If he doesn't spot you, he will eventually climb up the walls of the room and break out through the cealing. His gaze can stop 173 and if he spots 173 they both will be stuck for a while.

Joke Items
SCP 001-J The Big Red Button
Ingame mechanics: Causes the game to immediately crash if you push it. I think it will work best if it shows up somewhere that seems out of place. It might or might not have a "do not push" sign. Either that or you should be able to find it at the end long and heavily secured hallway that is difficult to unlock to and takes several minutes to reach the end of.

SCP 006-J WHAT THE ____ IS THAT THING
Ingame mechanics: You can find them in containment and also you might see them crawling on the walls or floor.

SCP 014-J A Fork
Ingame mechanics: It is heavily contained although it does not appear to do anything. Although if you have it in your possession at the end of the game it causes a silly alternate ending.

SCP 536-J It's On The Back Of Your Head.
Ingame mechanics: You can find a document similar to this one. If you read this document it and then make a sudden move it will kill you.

SCP 2558-J Pufferkittens
Ingame Mechanics: You can find one of them wandering around. It will act cute and will puff up when dangerous SCPs are nearby.

Other Suggestions
I have some suggestions for some possible events involving SCP-035. SCP-035 has a lot of potential as a character and so I hope to see a lot more possible ways he could be involved with the story.
I think that it should be possible for SCP-035 to have interactions with other SCPs. An excellent idea would be for SCP-035 to take possesion of SCP-173 or SCP-106. It has been noted in the Article for SCP-035 that it is able to posses not only humans but also humanoid objects. Here is how an interaction between 173 and 035 would go. If 173 and 035 encounter each other 035 will stare at 173 for several minutes and will speak to it in a strange language before 173 kills 035's current host and puts it on. This is good for the player because 173 will no longer be aggressive to the player while possessed by 035. However, doing this will have consequences later in the game. Most likely what will happen is resulting in an alternate bad ending where SCP-035 helps the player escape only to betray you in the end. Similarly it also is possible for SCP-035 to encounter 106. 106 will attack 035 and they will both disappear only for 106 to later appear possessed by 035. If this occurs the ending is even worse than what happens when 035 possess 173. 035/106 will escape from the facility with you, managing to avoid the trap than normally stops 106 and you will be caught by it and tormented by it for a much longer period of time than that what 106 normally puts you through before eventually 106's body gets too weak to continue and 035 takes your body as it's new host.
I also would like to suggest that some conversations between 035 and 079 be possible to occur.

Another idea I have is that there should be an option to adjust how many and how often Joke items and silly events will be encountered. If a whole lot of joke items and silly events get added to the game i think it would make sense for players to be able to make adjustments to how often they show up so they won't be distracting.

I think that the room where SCP-008 is store should have its appearance changed to look more like what a room for storing Biohazardous materials would actually look like. And I think it would be good if it were also possible to find other SCP diseases along with it. I imagine you would find a collection of containers of anomalous diseases inside a refrigerator in a laboratory with the type of equipment you would expect to find in a laboratory studying diseases.

Add the phrases "are we cool yet?", "does the black moon howl?", "Can't fit round pegs in square holes", and other weird and unsettling quotes from the SCP Foundation into the game. This will make the game feel weirder, kind of like in the game Portal when you find the weird messages written on the walls.

I really think that the game needs to have at least one or two events involving 096. One idea is an event where under certain circumstances there is a very small possibility of 096's face showing up on a screen if you take to long to complete a certain area, (I had a long discussion about this with some other people on this forum and I think that this could work if it is done in a way that is extremely easy to avoid). I also had an idea for an event where 096 would unexpectedly run past you towards an unknown target. I simply think that 096 the way it currently is in the game is too easy to avoid and needs to have at least a few more ways to encounter it. Another idea is to change how SCP-096 is encountered. Instead of simply finding it in a room facing the corner, you might walk into it while it is in the middle of attacking a group of people and seeing what it does to them.
By the way, what happens if another SCP sees 096's face?
Here is another idea, I believe that one very unexpected and definitely scary way to encounter SCP-096 would be to encounter it inside of SCP-106's dimension. Since 096 looks a lot like a human it would make perfect sense for 106 to capture it and attempt to torment it the same way that it normally does to humans. Trapped inside of 106's dimension, 096 will appear to be extremely distressed and confused, although it is still possible to avoid like you would when encountering it normally. When you encounter it in the 106 dimension it will move around whatever room you meet it in and scream whole lot for a short time before quickly exiting. If you escape from 106's dimension after encountering 096 inside it, 096 may spawn in the corner of a nearby room and sit there for a few minutes facing the corner like it's scared before getting up and leaving in the opposite direction as you.
Following that same logic, I think that it would make sense that 173 and 106 would try to attack other humanoid SCPs as well. 173 is unable to damage 106 and will get trapped in the other dimension. While inside the 106 dimension 173 will move very sluggishly and sometimes will still be able to move when you are looking at it. After 173 encounters 106 it's body will be stained black because of the corrosion effect 106 has. If SCP 173 encounters 096, it will attempt to strangle 096. When this is happening you will hear a lot of disturbing noises and 096 will be left nearly dead, but will recover after a while, and it might or might not kill you if you saw it's face while it was struggling with 173 or unconscious.
One other thing about 096 is that you should be able to find a bag or head cover thing to place on it's head since that is how they keep it concealed when it is outside of it's containment room. If you place the bag thing on SCP-096's head it might or might not take it off after a while, or lose it when running into another SCP. You could find 096's head cover next to a dead body near where 096 spawns.

I have an idea for a new room in the game. I think that at some point in the game there should be some kind of room containing a trap. I think that It would make sense for the foundations sites to have booby traps for catching intruders and escaped d class and SCPs during an emergency. Does anybody else have ideas for a trap room? It probably would have to be something that you can avoid if you know where it is or how to recognize it, but would require some skill to get around it, and if you don't know where the trap is and you get caught in it, it would take a while to escape from. You could also use the trap room for catching 173 so that it will not bother you for a while.
I have an idea for an alternate ending to the game. It will be the only good ending to the game, but it will be the hardest to get. In the alternate ending to the game, the player discovers a portal leading into the Wanderer's Library. The portal is invisible and can only be found by obtaining several secret items, and in a regular map this requires that the player go back through areas that you have already been through in order to unlock the items.
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

I have some suggestions I'd like to share that involves various sounds that can be added to the game. After listening to Prune's alarm fighting sequence sound clip, I thought to myself, Containment Breach can use more of that. However I don't suggest that it happen constantly throughout the game. I suggest that it start off frequent, before tapering off until finally the facility goes silent. Let me explain. First containment is breached and the SCPs escape as they do in the game now. The sounds of guards fighting and people dying is the first sounds the player hears. Gunfire will be the most common sound at the initial breach but then it is eventually replaced with people running, screaming, crying, pleading or even praying, which ever works best. The sounds of Class Ds, SCP employees and guards should be used in the game strategically. For example, there is an elevator with blood in the game. What if the player walks up to elevator only to hear the sounds of people trapped inside? They cry out for someone to get the door open before they all are killed by some unknown scp. The doors finally open to reveal blood inside but no bodies. Another example could be rooms with doors that never open, but it allows the player to hear voices on the other side. This is where we can get creative. Perhaps the people in the room talk about waiting for help to arrive, or they could warn the player that they won't open the door under any circumstances. I would suggest getting some female voice actors to contribute as well since there are no women represented in the game as it stands. There should also be sounds without dialogue like that of people's footsteps as they run for their lives. You hear them rush by, while breathing hard before they run out of earshot of the player. I would hope that this would help make the facility feel active without necessarily showing it. One last suggestion. Decrease the frequency the player hears these sounds until it eventually goes silent. Do this gradually. Eventually, this will indicate that most of the employees in the facility are either dead or hold up in some kind of safe zone.

A few suggestions for dialogue

1: People plead for help escaping a damaged elevator
2: A woman is heard talking on her cell phone to a loved one
3: A group of people can be heard frantically running from an unknown SCP [They would be on the other side of the wall]
4: A group of people are praying in a locked room
5: Survivors can be heard discussing a plan to get past SCP 096
6: Screams echo through the hall from a distance
7: Employees tell the player that they won't open the door during a breach
8: A group of people is heard crying in a room
9: A Class D is heard being shot to death by Nine Tail Fox [Can be from a door to a room]
10: SCP 049 is heard talking with a victim, comforting him/her before doing his surgery. [This is heard but never seen]

These are just a few examples. I am aware that the game does have this to a limited degree but the voice clips I suggest is for the purpose of making the game feel active at the start before silence sets in making the player feel alone and abandoned. I'm also confident that others can come up with better dialogue then I have offered. Anyway, this is my suggestions for the game for now.