Re: The New Suggestions Thread

I never said it would be a rip-off, so stop putting words into my mouth. I said that it would be too similar. One of the main mechanics of Amnesia is its sanity meter and the effects it causes, which tend to be hallucinations.

Making the player blink faster or run less due to low sanity just stupid, because last time I checked, those things were never affected by lack of sanity. Just changing some base stats and saying "ohhh it because you are going insane" doesn't mean it makes sense or that it should be added.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Not everything has to be exciting. Story telling isn't all about the big explosions and shoving everything to your face. Subtlety is very important, and try to make everything have a spotlight will make the game feel crammed and will make it lose its subtlety. After all, SCPs are all about mystery and subtle messages.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:Not everything has to be exciting. Story telling isn't all about the big explosions and shoving everything to your face. Subtlety is very important, and try to make everything have a spotlight will make the game feel crammed and will make it lose its subtlety. After all, SCPs are all about mystery and subtle messages.
Yeah, but that isn't a standpoint of the game isn't it, however, I wish SCP's like SCP-049, SCP-035, SCP-500, and SCP-372 would have more of a reason to be implemented into the game. SCP's like SCP-714 and SCP-1025 aren't 2 major SCP's so they really don't need a storyline to put in effort to their implementation, they're just there for testing and seeing what they do. Note, that SCP-500 does have a decent reasoning for its appearance BUT, I wish it would have more of a detailed storyline behind it.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...

It doesn't need a storyline, its a pill that cures you of everything. Trying to give a storyline to it would be pointless since it has no storyline. Not everything has to be told to the player or have a spotlight, mystery is a big part of the SCP Foundation, and the most popular SCPs are the one we know less about.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

It doesn't need a storyline, its a pill that cures you of everything. Trying to give a storyline to it would be pointless since it has no storyline. Not everything has to be told to the player or have a spotlight, mystery is a big part of the SCP Foundation, and the most popular SCPs are the one we know less about.
I must agree with spartan here :shock: . I think that 714, 012, 008, and 1025 need a bigger role in game. The reason that these things are in game is simply that these SCPs are contained in the facility.

nightscout01 wrote:
I must agree with spartan here :shock: . I think that 714, 012, 008, and 1025 need a bigger role in game. The reason that these things are in game is simply that these SCPs are contained in the facility.
I don't know about SCP-714 and SCP-1025, I believe those two should not have a bigger role since they are just small SCP's in the game, however, I recommend a bigger play for SCP-372 as there hasn't been much talk about him in a while; at least for changelogs.
Last edited by ++Focus++ on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...