Re: player model

This was discussed before, and is still being done in a Mod. Reg said that it won't be in-game as actual content. Proof? Here's the PM he sent me.
Regalis wrote:
D-9999 wrote:Hello! As you probably saw on this thread, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2957 Cridone and I are working together to help contribute to the game as a little side-addition that could possibly add some vague roleplay elements into the game, and I wanted to ask you something. Would you implement it in if we could do it? Or would it be better off as a mod? PMs probably are not our best form of communication, so if you have Skype, you could add me if you want?

My Skype: mariathedclass

That's... pretty much it. Thank you for reading this PM, and if you do not have Skype, PMs would be better to communicate through.
Honestly I'd rather keep it a mod. There aren't that many situations where you can hear the character talking, and generally I'm trying to avoid adding that kind of situations (well, SCP-012 was an exception of course, but it would've been a bit too difficult to implement without making the character talk). I think having a silent protagonist is more immersive, it kind of makes you feel like you're the character and not just controlling him.

Although, if you could see the body of the character when looking down, then it would make more sense to give the player the option to select gender. It's just that making the character visible is an enormous amount of work (at least if you want to make it look good with fluid animations and stuff), and I don't think it's important enough to go through the effort of adding it. I'm not even quite sure how I'd go around some of the problems that you'd face when giving the character a model.
D-9999 wrote:I was thinking just replacing the no model for the character with the actual model itself, then pasting the model again in the same place, but connect it to the player so it moves with them. That way, we have an actual model, and one to look down at. What do you think?
Sorry, but it won't look good if you do it that way. First of all, you'd have to write some kind of system to stop the limbs of the player from clipping with the environment. I think you'd also have to somehow alter the animations dynamically so that they adapt to the environment and the actions the player is doing. For example, making the arms move to a right position when using a button, or positioning feet correctly when walking up stairs. Making the equippable items like the hazmat suit, the vests or SCP-714 show on the model when you've equipped them.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

Re: плеер модели

D-9999 wrote:об Этом говорилось и раньше, и по-прежнему делается в Мод. Рег сказал, что он не будет в игре, как и фактического содержания. Доказательства? Вот PM он послал меня.
Regalis wrote:
D-9999 wrote:Здравствуйте! Как вы, наверное, видели на этой ветке, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2957 Cridone и я работаем вместе для того, чтобы способствовать игры, как маленький стороны-того, что может добавить какие-то неопределенные элементы ролевой игры в игру, и я хотел спросить вас кое о чем. Вы бы реализовать, если бы мы могли сделать это? Или это будет лучше как мод? PMs, наверное, не наша лучшая форма общения, поэтому если у вас есть Skype, вы могли бы добавить меня, если хотите?

Мой Skype: mariathedclass

Это... довольно много. Спасибо за чтение этого вечера, и если у вас нет Skype, PMs бы общаться через.
Честно говоря, я бы предпочел оставить это мод. Там не так уж много ситуаций, в которых вы можете услышать персонаж разговаривает, и вообще я стараюсь избегать добавления такой ситуации (ну, SCP-012 был исключением, конечно, но это было бы слишком сложно реализовать без создания разговор характер). Я думаю, имеющей молчаливый герой, более захватывающий, она какая-то заставляет вас чувствовать себя, как у вас характер, а не просто контролировать его.

Хотя, если бы вы могли видеть тело персонажа, глядя вниз, тогда было бы больше смысла, чтобы дать игроку возможность выбора пола. Это просто, что, делая характер виден огромный объем работы (по крайней мере, если вы хотите, чтобы она выглядела хорошо, с плавной анимацией и прочее), и я не думаю, что это достаточно важным, чтобы пройти через усилия для добавления. Я даже не совсем уверен, как я ходил вокруг некоторых из проблем, которые вы бы встретиться, когда я даю характер модели.
D-9999 wrote:я думал лишь о замене не модель персонажа с фактическим модель сама по себе, затем вставить модель еще раз в том же месте, но подключить его к игроков, а значит, она движется вместе с ними. Таким образом, мы имеем реальной модели, и на кого посмотреть вниз. Что вы думаете?
Извините, но это не будет выглядеть хорошо, если вы сделаете таким образом. Во-первых, вы пишете какую-то систему, чтобы остановить конечностей игрока от потери в окружающую среду. Я думаю, вы бы тоже придется как-то изменить анимацию динамически, так что они приспосабливаются к среде и действия, которые игрок делает. Например, делая из него руки движутся в правильном положении при помощи кнопки, или позиционирования ноги правильно, если идти вверх по лестнице. Делая equippable, такие элементы, как hazmat костюм, жилеты или SCP-714 посмотреть на модель, когда вы оборудовали их.
Well, let's see. I believe that if I had the choice of the player models would be better. Well konchno will be more realistic if you look down, you can see the body of the hero in the game outlast.

overlord20011 wrote: Well, let's see. I believe that if I had the choice of the player models would be better. Well konchno will be more realistic if you look down, you can see the body of the hero in the game outlast.
What do you mean by "offer the opportunity"? Would you be making the models and the model choice yourself? Because if you say that and expect Regalis to do it, then you are wrong. You don't offer something that you don't make. You are just giving an idea, so don't act like you are making us a favor.

Secondly, how would it be better? You never see your face, so it would be pointless to create your own model. This game isn't an RPG, so every time you die, you would have to go through the character creator again. This is a horror game, and last time I checked, you never create your character in a horror game.

Being able to look down wouldn't be a bad idea. But it would be too much work for something so little. There is no need to be able to way see your legs.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:
overlord20011 wrote: Ну, давайте посмотрим. Я считаю, что если бы у меня был выбор модели игроков будет лучше. Ну konchno будет более реалистичным, если вы посмотрите вниз, вы можете увидеть тело героя в игре переживет.
Что вы подразумеваете под "предлагают возможность"? Вы бы изготовлении моделей и модели выбора себе? Потому что если вы скажете, что и ожидать Regalis сделать это, то вы ошибаетесь. Вы не предлагаете что-то, что вы не делаете. Вы просто отдаете идея, так не поступать так, как вы делаете нам одолжение.

Во-вторых, как было бы лучше? Вы никогда не видеть ваше лицо, поэтому было бы бессмысленно создавать свои собственные модели. Эта игра не RPG, так что каждый раз, когда вы умрете, вам придется пройти через характер Творцу. Это игра ужасов, и в последний раз я проверил, вы никогда не создаете своего персонажа в хоррор-игр.

Будучи в состоянии смотреть вниз, не было бы плохой идеей. Но это было бы слишком много работать для чего-то так мало. Нет необходимости, чтобы быть в состоянии способ увидеть ваши ноги.
I do not know how to create the model, but I could create them but I do not know what kind of a program to create better

D-9999 wrote:Look through the horror titles, there's bound to be a couple that allow Roleplaying-like elements.
Of all the horror games I know, they all have a set story and character. Some have very light RPG elements such as leveling up or similar things, but never allowed me to make the character itself.
I do not know how to create the model, but I could create them but I do not know what kind of a program to create better
If you don't know how to make models, finding a good program won't help you at all. Making models takes time and practice and a lot of learning time. You won't be able to open the program and start modelling instantly.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:
D-9999 wrote:Look through the horror titles, there's bound to be a couple that allow Roleplaying-like elements.
Of all the horror games I know, they all have a set story and character. Some have very light RPG elements such as leveling up or similar things, but never allowed me to make the character itself.
If you don't know how to make models, finding a good program won't help you at all. Making models takes time and practice and a lot of learning time. You won't be able to open the program and start modelling instantly.
Well there are so many lessons of the program so that you can tell what is better to use the models, but better link above