[Suggestion] Maintenance zone

What about expanding on the maintanence tunnels as it's own zone, give it some new rooms and events.

EDIT: Wrote down all the suggestions and made it easier to look at.

Rooms
Spoiler
Pump room
There could be a burst pipe spraying scalding water blocking passage and turning the water off here could get you through, or if SCP-457 is ever implemented, you could turn the sprinklers on to stop him.

Generator room
To make gate A less easy to get to, maybe you could have to restore power to the elevator by finding the generator room and switching the power on.

Ventilation shaft
You could enter an open air vent and crawl through some shafts to reach another part of the tunnels, but 173 would chase you throughout them (isn't it said he travels through air vents?)

Boiler room
A room full of equipment, water tanks and other stuff that runs the facility, maybe when you enter, 106 or some other SCP would start chasing you and you would have to navigate pipes and platforms to escape.

Elevator shaft
A room that when openned, an elevator will crash down revealing a dead scientist/guard/MTF, if you walk into the elevator before it crashes, you get killed.

Storage room
A large maze like room where the site stores supplies and provisions, like the entrance zone server rooms SCP-173 would spawn here and chase the player, who would have to carefully navigate through it while keeping sight of 173, could have 2 level segments, suggested by Akatos.
Moved rooms
Spoiler
096 server room
Suggested by Omniary

Electric center
Suggested by Omniary

Tesla gates
Suggested by Omniary
SCP's
Spoiler
SCP-229: Wire weed: Would infest a generator room and would kill the player if they touch it, you would have to navigate through by crouching and walking around the wires, you would have to activate the generator to restore power to a door or machine.

This would work with gogerts trolley idea, the generator could restore power to it and provide a shortcut.

SCP-457: The burning man: Could be the SCP that chases you through the boiler room, if you lure it under a leaking pipe it would shrink, if it catches the player it would burn them, if it burns you too long it would set you on fire, suggested by Omniary in another topic here: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3510

SCP-569: Heads: Would float aimlessly in a hall, if the player bumps into them, runs, or causes a loud noise (Radio or ringing SCP-513) they would spray the player down and kill them, crouch walking will not set them off.

SCP-625: Anklebiters: Would attempt to injure the player and cause them too bleed, would only spawn in certain rooms, they're hard to hear and would cause damage without notice, wearing a hazmat suit helps protect you from damage, due to possibly being too overpowered, they could only spawn in a single room and there would be some kind of warning to alert the player to there presence.

SCP-534: Misplaced blood
In a scripted room with pipes, the vents would start releasing SCP-534 into the room, and you would need the hazmat sut to progress or run through before the cells effect you.

SCP-534-1 would injure you if yu remain exposed too long, by damaging body parts.

SCP-534-2 would do the same but would cause bleeding, and eventually death if exposed for too long

SCP-534-3 would slow you down and kill you if inhaled for too long

You could stop this by recontaining SCP-534 in it's containment chamber.

It would be interesting if you could also find SCP-008 victims roaming around here as well.
Scripted events
Spoiler
-Pipes would burst, tiles would fall and smash in a few hallways,

-Some survivors could be attacked by 008 victims in front of the player.
Last edited by SCP-500 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

Re: [Suggestion] Maintenance zone

I think this is a great idea. It'd make a lot of sense for the maintenance area to have its own place in the facility, possibly after the heavy containment zone and before the office zone.

I think it'd make sense for some of the rooms in heavy and office to be moved there as well, like 096's server room, tesla gates and the electrical center. Some other ideas for rooms could be a security center, with tons of surveillance cameras and security reports on some screens, a janitorial department, and maybe a locker room.
It slep time bunner.

Very good idea, I had the same concept in my mind for a while, but you've pretty much nailed it.

I think it would be a good idea to have a massive maintanance complex running under all three main zones. The purposes of this zone would be:
- Providing shortcuts between the three main zones to make backtracking less tedious and discouraging.
- Escape routes from hazards such as MTF and sentient SCPs.
- Completion of crucial tasks that allow the player to progress (remote door control objective, clearing obstacles or creating chaos to clear a path).
- Some more SCPs and new hazards e.g: SCP-008 gas could be found leaking through pipes behind a quarantined section, closing SCP-008's canister will stop the infection spewing out of the pipes, allowing you to progress.

It shouldn't be possible to travel from the light containment zone to the office complex just through the tunnels right at the beginning of the game, rather the opposite should apply. At some point in the tunnels, there should be a heavy blast door preventing you going further, and you'd need to unlock it on the other side by progressing through the main facility and coming back round to the door. This makes the tunnels into a kind of unlockable shortcut that is useful for backtracking until all doors have been opened.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

@Prune, your SCP-008 gas idea gave me an idea for a new SCP/event here.

SCP-534: Misplaced blood
In a scripted room with pipes, the vents would start releasing SCP-534 into the room, and you would need the hazmat sut to progress or run through before the cells effect you.

SCP-534-1 would injure you if yu remain exposed too long, by damaging body parts.

SCP-534-2 would do the same but would cause bleeding, and eventually death if exposed for too long

SCP-534-3 would slow you down and kill you if inhaled for too long

You could stop this by recontaining SCP-534 in it's containment chamber.

It would be interesting if you could also find SCP-008 victims roaming around here as well.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

Omniary wrote:Since all the zones have their unique looks, what should this supposed zone look like? I was thinking something high security and tight like the Heavy Containment Zone, but sterile and tidy like the Office Zone.
Something like this but darker, tighter and with atmospheric effects such as leaking water, flickering lights and gas leaks.
Within the tunnels should be half closed blast doors to crouch under and abandoned props formerly for maintanance work. There would be tunnels branching off and small doorways embedded in the curved wall leading to specific rooms and service elevators.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Spoiler
This rail road thing.. Maybe the tunnels could have a little tunnel trolly (with a side walkway on the side).
Take the trolly if you want to skip all of the room and the items in those rooms. This tunnels could be pretty long if they are to take you to gate A.
Or maybe halfway to gate A, so you have to walk the rest of the way. The speed of this trolly could be like 5 mph. What do you guys think? :idea:
I'm bad at keeping my emotions bubbled and end up being perfect. It would have been trouble.