Re: [Suggestion] Maintenance zone

I do have to agree that this is a good idea indeed.

Omniary did something called Maintshutter (some boiling tank?) and could be used in the boiler room perhaps.

Other than that, the elevator would also be great to show off what happened to the guard who died. (Elevator 6 A)
"You could possibly add something I just shit out."

~ Agent Ulgrin 2014

Getting hit by vehicles ever since -69

I've been thinking on new SCP's and scripted events that could happen and these are all what i came up with.

This may be a long post.

SCP's

SCP-229: Wire weed: Would infest a generator room and would kill the player if they touch it, you would have to navigate through by crouching and walking around the wires, you would have to activate the generator to restore power to a door or machine.

This would work with gogerts trolley idea, the generator could restore power to it and provide a shortcut.

SCP-457: The burning man: Could be the SCP that chases you through the boiler room, if you lure it under a leaking pipe it would shrink, if it catches the player it would burn them, if it burns you too long it would set you on fire, suggested by Omniary in another topic here: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3510

SCP-569: Heads: Would float aimlessly in a hall, if the player bumps into them, runs, or causes a loud noise (Radio or ringing SCP-513) they would spray the player down and kill them, crouch walking will not set them off.

SCP-625: Anklebiters: Would attempt to injure the player and cause them too bleed, would only spawn in certain rooms, they're hard to hear and would cause damage without notice, wearing a hazmat suit helps protect you from damage, due to possibly being too overpowered, they could only spawn in a single room and there would be some kind of warning to alert the player to there presence.

Scripted events

-Pipes would burst, tiles would fall and smash in a few hallways, sudden gas jets,

-SCP-173 could drop down from a air vent.

-Some survivors could be attacked by 008 victims in front of the player.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

That's a great idea! I would really like to see something like this in the game, it would be really cool! :P
The Maintenance Tunnel is the creepiest place in the game and having it bigger and randomized would be AMAZING! :D
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

Wow, really great idea! I thought there could also be some kind of storage rooms in the maintenance zone. Something like this:
(of course much darker and smaller) These rooms could have a high chance of :173: to spawn inside (like the server rooms in the entrance zone) and they could also have a maze like structure (eventually with 2 levels). And if it was on me, I'd move the small server room with :096:, the electrical center (as Omniary already said), SCP-070's room and the 2-door catwalk room into the zone.

I would really really love to see this in the actual game!

EDIT:

I made a small pic how such a room could look like:

The direct way between the doors could be blocked somehow, so the player have to go through the red zone.
Last edited by Akatos on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

SCP-500 wrote: SCP-457: The burning man: Could be the SCP that chases you through the boiler room, if you lure it under a leaking pipe it would shrink, if it catches the player it would burn them, if it burns you too long it would set you on fire, suggested by Omniary in another topic here: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3510
I've posted something very similar to this on the SCP-457 thread and it seems to have gotten pleasant feedback. Might as well post it here too.
Spoiler
When the player enters the maintenance tunnels, there would be a set chance on whether it would be SCP-106 or SCP-457. There should be a way to tell which one you encounter: If it's 457 you're up against, there are burn marks around the elevator and for 106, there's corrosion. Once you're down there, you'd hear fire and flames. You'd have to wear a gas mask because of the intense smoke. There would be a fire blocking a certain path where 457 would be absorbing the "energy" from the fire. After the players walks to the fire 457 would spot him and would start chasing him. Just like 106, 457 would chase the player. The only way that the player could escape would be to get out of the maintenance tunnel before he burns to death from the fire or gets killed by 457.
I think that the shrinking it with water idea is good. It would start as a full humanoid and would have a lot a speed and intelligence. As it would chase you the player would turn on some pipes or steam or whatever to try to slow it down. Now the player wouldn't be able to extinguish it fully but he would be able to out run it and get out of there. In all of this the gas mask would have to be worn. 457 could counter act the water by finding more stuff to make into fuel i.e. a dead guard or scientist on the ground. However, to do all of this ingame the maintenance tunnels would have to be redone.
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

MrJPenguin1 wrote:
SCP-500 wrote: SCP-457: The burning man: Could be the SCP that chases you through the boiler room, if you lure it under a leaking pipe it would shrink, if it catches the player it would burn them, if it burns you too long it would set you on fire, suggested by Omniary in another topic here: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3510
I've posted something very similar to this on the SCP-457 thread and it seems to have gotten pleasant feedback. Might as well post it here too.
Spoiler
When the player enters the maintenance tunnels, there would be a set chance on whether it would be SCP-106 or SCP-457. There should be a way to tell which one you encounter: If it's 457 you're up against, there are burn marks around the elevator and for 106, there's corrosion. Once you're down there, you'd hear fire and flames. You'd have to wear a gas mask because of the intense smoke. There would be a fire blocking a certain path where 457 would be absorbing the "energy" from the fire. After the players walks to the fire 457 would spot him and would start chasing him. Just like 106, 457 would chase the player. The only way that the player could escape would be to get out of the maintenance tunnel before he burns to death from the fire or gets killed by 457.
I think that the shrinking it with water idea is good. It would start as a full humanoid and would have a lot a speed and intelligence. As it would chase you the player would turn on some pipes or steam or whatever to try to slow it down. Now the player wouldn't be able to extinguish it fully but he would be able to out run it and get out of there. In all of this the gas mask would have to be worn. 457 could counter act the water by finding more stuff to make into fuel i.e. a dead guard or scientist on the ground. However, to do all of this ingame the maintenance tunnels would have to be redone.
Wow, that's actually a good idea!
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Glad you guys are liking the ideas. It would be an absolute pleasure knowing that one of my ideas made it into the game. Although, I did get inspiration from Omniary and SCP-500. They helped add on to the original concept. I really can't help with any thing more other than this because I can't make sounds or model or anything useful like that. I'm afraid that I can't help that much in this idea. ):
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.