Animation/Rigs

Hello there, (if there are more tech animators like me who wants to give them an offering hand, you can post here too, just like the model request thread.)

seeing alot of good stuff on this forum, I couldn't think of a better place to offer a helping hand to the team creating the SCP- containment breach. I do 2D and 3D animation, mostly for fun but also studying and been schooled, to I fill my spare time. I've had some go's at game projects, here's a short vid of some of the things Ive done;
[youtube]9tb4ZXImbvU[/youtube]

I'm, as you might notice, not an active forum user. I'd appreciate contact to my mail if you want me to have a go at some animations or rigs. I'll check in here now and then, but I always check my mail at:

[email protected] or [email protected]

See you around,
-Phillip.

Re: Animation/Rigs

Gonna throw this out there since we need an animator for a couple of finished models, if you're willing!

Twisted Polygon just finished some great models for SCP-106 and SCP-513-1

Here are the necessary animations that will be needed for either and a run down of how the general feel for them should be.

SCP-106 - *'d are optional and would only be a bonus
Spoiler
- slow, limping walking cycle for outside the pocket dimension
- a normal walking cycle for the pocket dimension
- separate animations for when it's emerging from the wall, floor and ceiling
- pushing the player over and dragging them
- an animation of it standing still and looking around for the player
*- perhaps an animation of it slowly and weakly falling over before sinking into the floor (for the scene at Gate A)
*- an animation for 106 popping out of the floor and grabbing someone
106 should have a sort of old, creeping feel to him, as well as slightly unnatural actions.

SCP-513-1
Spoiler
- a menacing idle animation
- a regular walk animation
- perhaps 513-1 attacking the player, before
- running away
513-1 doesn't need too many animations, it's a rather minor SCP, and it's appearances seem to be brief and ominous. It's last two animations are ideas for a bigger gameplay element involving it.

Also, as mentioned before, it'd be nice if some of the guard and class D/generic human npc animations could be fixed. You can find the .b3d files in the game, they're under GFX/npcs/classd.b3d and mtf.b3d for the Class D's and Guards respectively.

The Class D models already have a numerous amount of animations, presumably made for an FPS of sorts, but some of the current animations are kinda crummy, especially for their scripted events. Here's some animations I think can be modified
Spoiler
-multiple idle animations, they look rather unnatural and stiff right now. Perhaps some of them looking over to their right, and then looking around.
-updated run and walk animations
-transitions from and to the idle and walking animations
-animation for the Class D walking up to 173 and looking at it, then looking back towards the others (sorta like in 0:49 of this video)
-maybe an animation for the guy who's grabbed by 106 and pulled into the floor. It transitions in from a run animation.
The Guards' animations are pretty good actually, there's only a couple that could use an update.
Spoiler
- updated walk cycle, they look rather uncomfortable when doing so
- a fixed neck snap and dying animation, it's really buggy for some reason
I'm not the type of person who helps with this type of stuff, so if you need help with something, I'll try to answer back with the best of my abilities, otherwise I can drop a PM to someone who can.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote: -things-
I'd like to add to these with some of my own personal ideas. I won't request you to do any of them, they're only suggestions.

SCP-106
Spoiler
- Pivoting/Turning animations for when he turns on the spot to look at you, or changes direction while moving.
- Perhaps faster and more aggressive spawning animation variants? E.g. Leaping/bursting out of the floor or wall in an attempt to ambush the player.
- Stun animation for when he gets lured into a tesla gate.
- Grab and execute animation for when he gets you in the PD. Preferably something dramatic and gruesome, e.g. forcing his hand into your torso and tearing something out, or grabbing your head and ripping it straight off.
- An abduction for when he captures the MTF in future, or for any possible scripted events.
- Numerous stalking animations for the PD. E.g. Crouching while observing the player, sitting on the throne in the red room, walking while looking sideways at the player, standing/sitting/crouching in a poised position ready to pounce (like a gargoyle)
To elaborate on Omniary's request for the popping out of the floor and grabbing animation, I'd like to see 106 break out of the floor quickly and clutch the janitor by the head, pulling him under as he drops back into the ground.

SCP-513-1
Spoiler
- A peeking and retreating animation. This would happen around corners or in doorways.
- Try to replicate the blurry distortion that happens on the current model and add it to the newer one. Improve on it if there's any need.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Omniary wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:05 am
Gonna throw this out there since we need an animator for a couple of finished models, if you're willing!

Here are the necessary animations that will be needed for either and a run down of how the general feel for them should be.

Spoiler
*- perhaps an animation of it slowly and weakly falling over before sinking into the floor (for the scene at Gate A)
106 should have a sort of old, creeping feel to him, as well as slightly unnatural actions.

SCP-513-1
Spoiler
- running away
513-1 doesn't need too many animations, it's a rather minor SCP, and it's appearances seem to be brief and ominous. It's last two animations are ideas for a bigger gameplay element involving it.

Also, as mentioned before, it'd be nice if some of the guard and class D/generic human npc animations could be fixed. You can find the .b3d files in the game, they're under GFX/npcs/classd.b3d and mtf.b3d for the Class D's and Guards respectively.

The Class D models already have a numerous amount of animations, presumably made for an FPS of sorts, but some of the current animations are kinda crummy, especially for their scripted events. Here's some animations I think can be modified
Spoiler
-multiple idle animations, they look rather unnatural and stiff right now. Perhaps some of them looking over to their right, and then looking around.
-animation for the Class D walking up to 173 and looking at it, then looking back towards the others (sorta like in 0:49 of this video)
-maybe an animation for the guy who's grabbed by 106 and pulled into the floor. It transitions in from a run animation.
The Guards' animations are pretty good actually, there's only a couple that could use an update.
Spoiler
I'm not the type of person who helps with this type of stuff, so if you need help with something, I'll try to answer back with the best of my abilities, otherwise I can drop a PM to someone who can.
I'm late as hell, but who cares? So I am currently, in SFM, working on some animations for SCP-106. (Model was imported into GMod by CPTHazama for an SCP:CB SNPC Pack, and I simply ported them (including 106) into SFM.) I am trying to build the animations off of the ideas you have for SCP-106 animations. To make it more simple, I am using an IK Rig. (Which was a pain in the ass to create with the auto-rigger mod since it had no hand bones.) I'll try to show you some when I am finished. Maybe someone could try to make some animations in Blender using my animations as a base when I am finished? I don't really know how to import a character from SFM to Blender with Custom Animations, (Not sequences. Sequences are pretty much animations already built into the model.) So I might need help with that.

Scott Rash wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:18 pm
Omniary wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:05 am

Spoiler

SCP-513-1
Spoiler
- running away

Spoiler
Spoiler
I'm late as hell, but who cares? So I am currently, in SFM, working on some animations for SCP-106. (Model was imported into GMod by CPTHazama for an SCP:CB SNPC Pack, and I simply ported them (including 106) into SFM.) I am trying to build the animations off of the ideas you have for SCP-106 animations. To make it more simple, I am using an IK Rig. (Which was a pain in the ass to create with the auto-rigger mod since it had no hand bones.) I'll try to show you some when I am finished. Maybe someone could try to make some animations in Blender using my animations as a base when I am finished? I don't really know how to import a character from SFM to Blender with Custom Animations, (Not sequences. Sequences are pretty much animations already built into the model.) So I might need help with that.
you can just export the animation as an smd and then import it into blender using source engine tools