Re: Phanalax's Models

My only suggestion right now would be to change up the leg arrangement. They're currently only just stacked behind each other, all approximately the same size. I think it'd be a bit more interesting of the design if they were a bit more dynamic, sort of like how Tikara depicted them a while ago in her 372 drawing, with various ones being multijointed and longer than others. Her design only uses the 8-leg arrangement, but I did a sketch a while ago as well for a 16-legged 372.
It slep time bunner.

I wanted to make them a bit more unique, but when working with so many limbs I kinda had to make them more simple. multiple joints might be aesthetically pleasing but would add even more difficulty to an already problematic animation setup. I tried to make the placement a bit varied by moving them to various places, and to note I pretty much just stuck the same leg model in the guy 16 times over without any addition setup, I will go over the legs with a detail pass later to see if I can make them seem a bit more visually pleasing.

Lets not get into a new 10 page argument over how many legs SCP-372 has, Phanalax just pick whatever number suits you best. Personally I would go four to six.

I really look forward to seeing a actual model for SCP-372 that is not that mess of pixles we have currently.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Alright I have another leg setup, a lot more visually pleasing (albeit a bit chaotic) With the canon 8 pairs of legs. Three in front are essentially arms, held up during running. While there are 2 knee backward front legs and 3 knee forward backlegs. I have a fairly good idea of how i'm going to animate the running so I think this is a good design. If you guys agree Then I'll mirror them to the other side of the model and sculpt them so they look like they belong.