Re: Various models for consideration

spartan322 wrote:It would be better to ask Regalis before doing anything. People don't shit money. Just saying.
Regalis did get those models via a $1000 donation, which I'm sure only cost a fraction of that, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind. The thing is I'd rather not them be replaced since they're fine as is, they could be improved, but I don't think creating a new model for them should be necessary. Maybe an animator could go over the current animations as well, since they're pretty stale.
It slep time bunner.

I looked over it and Blitz can support normal, specular, bump, and light maps. There're probably more.
Omniary wrote:
spartan322 wrote:It would be better to ask Regalis before doing anything. People don't shit money. Just saying.
Regalis did get those models via a $1000 donation, which I'm sure only cost a fraction of that, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind. The thing is I'd rather not them be replaced since they're fine as is, they could be improved, but I don't think creating a new model for them should be necessary. Maybe an animator could go over the current animations as well, since they're pretty stale.
I hope someone fixes their fingers and makes their sleeves not look like they hidden a gun or something underneath them since it looks really awkward imo.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Omniary wrote: Regalis did get those models via a $1000 donation, which I'm sure only cost a fraction of that, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind. The thing is I'd rather not them be replaced since they're fine as is, they could be improved, but I don't think creating a new model for them should be necessary. Maybe an animator could go over the current animations as well, since they're pretty stale.
I still thing that we should wait and ask him first before we do anything.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Are you going to use the optimized model on the previous page as the final mesh? Just saying from past experience in animation that if you use that mesh its going to be hell to rig and animate. Also for the specular you can use the "Plastic wrap" shader within photoshop to get a much better slimy feeling to it.

Phanalax wrote:Are you going to use the optimized model on the previous page as the final mesh? Just saying from past experience in animation that if you use that mesh its going to be hell to rig and animate. Also for the specular you can use the "Plastic wrap" shader within photoshop to get a much better slimy feeling to it.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind

I'm away from my PC for awhile. Any suggestions are welcome.

I thought for 513-1 a non closed 3d model would work well. Like a two dimensional model with depth. It's hard to describe, but I think the effect would be interesting.

Edit: New UV maps, much more efficient
Modeler, Texturer, Animator in training, and novice voice actor.

Spread the word: http://infinitescopeproductions.blogspot.com/