Re: (Suggestion) Tape Recorders

This has been discussed many times in the past. Generally, people are for having some sort of audio recording laying around. The computers could be a start, since tape recorders aren't used that much on facilities now a days. There could also be CDs or USB sticks laying around that you can find, put in a computer, and them listen to the recordings.

There ARE a lot of SCP interviews that could be added. The SCPs don't actually have to be in the game, we could add a lot of SCP documents that aren't going to appear in the game, but will give a wider view on the Foundation to people who haven't read all articles. Computers could add more depth about the Foundation to the game.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

We could easily have TheVolgun use his many voices to create a plethora of audio-logs, ranging from interviews to recordings of experiments. It would greatly expand the facility to hear what kinds of things are (or were) being kept in the dark. Additionally you could definitely learn more background information about the SCPs already in-game by discovering facts about them through the audio-logs.

Something that would create a chilling atmosphere would be to find some ransacked conference rooms or offices with audio-tapes of the attacker playing on a laptop or computer, almost as if the intruder was leaving a mark of its presence behind, as a warning. As an example: the player could walk past an office or lab with several mutilated corpses and signs of destruction, the audio-log of a particularly violent SCP (058, 363, 682) could be playing on a nearby tape-player to imply what kind of things are now roaming around with the intention of killing everything.

I'd also like to hear seminars and discussions over audio-tapes to find out some facts about the people working in the facility, what they thought about it, and what kind of roles they have played in the past. It helps to put that sort of stuff in to make the place feel more alive and to act as a continuous reminder that the facility to damned huge enough to house thousands of personnel.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Has anyone seen this?
Spoiler
[youtube]/watch?v=8Ua22Ch919Q&list=PL19EEBAD4653E8C32&index=1[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=Hau0_ITbvAQ&list=PL19EEBAD4653E8C32&index=4[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=505EZwRaN9s&list=PL19EEBAD4653E8C32&index=5[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=Qg5IJhTQz3E&list=PL19EEBAD4653E8C32&index=7[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=mKJhY99rcng&list=PL19EEBAD4653E8C32&index=9[/youtube]

[youtube]/watch?v=aMsT8GUIBpA&list=PL19EEBAD4653E8C32&index=11[/youtube]
Seriously, this guy made amazing videos, this kind of video could be seen through the computers scattered around the facility, we could request this game to put them in the game, or even request more videos, I don't know.
Prune wrote:We could easily have TheVolgun use his many voices to create a plethora of audio-logs, ranging from interviews to recordings of experiments. It would greatly expand the facility to hear what kinds of things are (or were) being kept in the dark. Additionally you could definitely learn more background information about the SCPs already in-game by discovering facts about them through the audio-logs.
Totally agreed.
Prune wrote:Something that would create a chilling atmosphere would be to find some ransacked conference rooms or offices with audio-tapes of the attacker playing on a laptop or computer, almost as if the intruder was leaving a mark of its presence behind, as a warning. As an example: the player could walk past an office or lab with several mutilated corpses and signs of destruction, the audio-log of a particularly violent SCP (058, 363, 682) could be playing on a nearby tape-player to imply what kind of things are now roaming around with the intention of killing everything.
That could work better through security cameras in my opinion, the security cameras could be found in a security room, it might be abandoned, or the guard who was watching could be dead.

Prune wrote:I'd also like to hear seminars and discussions over audio-tapes to find out some facts about the people working in the facility, what they thought about it, and what kind of roles they have played in the past. It helps to put that sort of stuff in to make the place feel more alive and to act as a continuous reminder that the facility to damned huge enough to house thousands of personnel.
Totally agreed again.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

I have two potential audio logs written up so far.
Audio Log 1:
Male voice: Why the hell would they bring SCP-173 to this site? We already have too many damn Euclid and Keters here already! This is like a powder keg ready to explode! It’s those damn funding cuts. I thought we had control over the governments! Why are they cutting our money? Greedy pigs! They don’t care about the safety of our world! If they’re really narcissistic enough to be this greedy, then they should know that they’re taking away from their own safety! Idiots!

Audio Log 2:
Male voice: So, Charlotte was terminated today. She was a prisoner, I gotta remember that. She did something terrible to get to where she was. I didn’t even say anything to her. That’s... that’s good. If I said something I would have gotten killed myself. Goddamn I feel like a middle schooler who’s never seen love before. Well, I haven’t seen it in years. There’s no fucking women that I’ve seen work here. Even if there were, they wouldn’t let us love each other. They can‘t just make hundreds of men go without fucking something for years on end. It’s not fucking healthy! They gotta at least let us have our way with some of the class D’s. Christ, I sound like a fucking animal! So that’s what we’ve become now, animals! *Sigh*
I'm not sure if they should be from different people, or if they should be from one person in a sort of audio diary format. It could be both, some from one, some from another, some from various people. If it is like a diary, something like "October 30th" could be added to the beginning.