Re: (SUGGESTION)SCP-096 Containment Chamber

Cridone wrote:I made a diagram for the chamber a while ago:
Spoiler
I'm not saying this should definitely be used, but it can give some ideas.
This one is also a good sketch. What if the chamber was like 513's: A big hole in the wall which crosses a standard two door hallway (room2pipes or tunnel). This has to benefits:

1) It would add more atmoshpere and shows how 096 escaped.
2) The player would (sometimes) have to cross the chamber in order to make progress.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Akatos wrote:1) It would add more atmoshpere and shows how 096 escaped.
Well, here:
Spoiler
I didn't take the second suggestion into consideration, sorry.

Edit: The storage room from the other side would be locked, and there could probably be just a few documents and some gas masks in there.
Last edited by Cridone on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

mrpeanut188 wrote:Chaos Insurgency could smuggle in hydrochloric or nitric acids...
Or plastic explosives.

If there was an explosion...
Well, the Foundation never tested 096's reaction to violence when not enraged.
That's right, maybe they planted a bomb and left before it exploded, so they didn't run any risk of being attacked by SCP-096.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

You know, Night, I like your representation of the room the best. I recall having a similar interpretation of the room, mainly with the cube being suspended amongst many pillars (I think I got the impression from the incident report). It's a much more interesting and realistic design for a room than just a steel cube in the middle of a lab.

As for how 096 breached, I figured that 079 had something to do with it, as I'm sure the Foundation keeps an image stored of 096's face for testing purposes. Perhaps 079 managed to broadcast an image of it to a monitor in the chamber, where some unfortunate scientist saw it? The idea of seeing a picture of 096 doesn't to be very well received, but perhaps there's a way of doing it with that monitor while still being fair. For one, there could be pools of blood around the computer, and some fairly ominous lighting to imply that good things don't happen around that computer in particular. But when you turn on the screen, there'd be a file that could be clickable, which would open the picture. Maybe something cryptic as the filename from 079, like "free". This would be something the player would learn from once, a sort of scare that only happens once in a playthrough from experience.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Perhaps 079 managed to broadcast an image of it to a monitor in the chamber, where some unfortunate scientist saw it? The idea of seeing a picture of 096 doesn't to be very well received, but perhaps there's a way of doing it with that monitor while still being fair. For one, there could be pools of blood around the computer, and some fairly ominous lighting to imply that good things don't happen around that computer in particular. But when you turn on the screen, there'd be a file that could be clickable, which would open the picture. Maybe something cryptic as the filename from 079, like "free". This would be something the player would learn from once, a sort of scare that only happens once in a playthrough from experience.
That sounds like a very interesting additional role for 079.
I'm evil?

For how 096 escaped, I'll like to bring this out just for reference:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/incident-096-1-a
Omniary wrote:snip
Thanks. :D

I like your idea, but one tiny little thing, really unimportant, raises in my mind, which is: wouldn't the scientist who seen 096 rather kill himself for the sake of the facility and its personnel before 096 does anything? But then the question comes, does 096 calm down if 096-1 is killed before 096 arrives to his location, or will he still ensue to devour 096-1's body (since in the main article its said that no remains have been ever left to whoever saw his face)?
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy