Re: (SUGGESTION)SCP-096 Containment Chamber

Serimah wrote:
RaptorCyclone wrote:
SCP-096's chamber is a 5m x 5m x 5m airtight steel cube, it has no doors or ways to open up.

True. But that does not mean that there is no way of opening it. After all, they had to get him IN there or get in and take pictures of him

http://www.scp-wiki.net/document-096-1
There are probably multiple containment cells for it.
Last edited by RaptorCyclone on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm evil?

Serimah wrote:I'd go with very high-security for the "release" of whatever kind that box could have, not just some random button that some moron could press by accident :laugh:
As in "You need Class 5 Keycards and the stars have to align so the door shall open for thee" :wink:
This is off topic, but I feel 682 and 096 could be defeated with one weapon...
Spoiler
The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
I'm evil?

As much as I adore everyones need for being strict with detail, you tend to over-complicate things in my book. It is nowhere stated it's temporal, it is nowhere stated the chamber can't be opened in some way.
Do I really need to address the containment chambers of the other SCPs that were interpreted in their own way by Regalis, for a great part.

You guys leave no room for any suggestions anymore, and that is pretty odd in my book seeing as that is what this thread is about. Plus, we also need to consider how easily things could be implemented into the game.
So inventing a huge background story and such (as much as I love it) just won't cut it.
Do you really need to bring the Chaos Insurgency into this, just for SCP-096? I'd have thought the first thing they'd be going after were potentially useful SCPs, not unleash a potentially lethal thread upon the facility while they're in it.
You'd think that SCP-173/106 would already keep them on edge like everybody else.

The only way I could imagine that to work would be:

1. Chaos Insurgency can't get past a certain point within the facility without "help".
2. They forcefully open SCP-096's chamber and... maybe take a picture of it? Surely they can't broadcast 096 with 079 being in control of it all? (Someone help me with this)
3. SCP-096 is being used as somekind of... "Omni Key Card" to get to their goal by force?

The main problem I have with this is that the Chaos Insurgency would need to be introduced to the player at least in SOME way without over-complicating it with 5 minute Cut-Scenes.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Serimah wrote: 3. SCP-096 is being used as somekind of... "Omni Key Card" to get to their goal by force?

The main problem I have with this is that the Chaos Insurgency would need to be introduced to the player at least in SOME way without over-complicating it with 5 minute Cut-Scenes.
I had similar thoughts when 096 was first implemented, wouldn't it make sense that there would be some serious damage around 096's primary containment? maybe in a way similar to 513's damaged wall, there could be a "tunnel" punched through a few walls, with some carnage at the end and then some fading blood trails. would explain off 096's initial breach and give credibility to him just wandering at that point without serious destruction everywhere, as well as adding in a good amount of horrifying atmosphere, and maybe a short cut to different areas. although it has been awhile since ive been on (since like 7.4) so not sure the direction that everyone is going in nowadays

Serimah wrote:The main problem I have with this is that the Chaos Insurgency would need to be introduced to the player at least in SOME way without over-complicating it with 5 minute Cut-Scenes.
It's 'suggested' CI because the 'proceeding' message is the same, with exactly the same timemark as the one for 106. Also the error is the same, suggesting that the two monitors have both been 'breached' by the same method.