(SUGGESTION)SCP-096 Containment Chamber

When SCP-096 was first added to the game, it sat in a lockroom. This was not an official containment chamber. Using the article for a description, I have prepared an illustration of my idea of how the room would look.
Spoiler

As you can see, there is a computer. This displays the various readings from the pressure sensors inside the cell. A keycard could be located on the keyboard. Bloody footprints and hand prints could be located inside the cube and outside the cube. A gigantic hole was ripped open in the steel wall.
I'm evil?

Re: (SUGGESTION)SCP-096 Containment Chamber

No way would the foundation put the observation area directly next to such a dangerous object. it would be an incredible lapse in security. Yes, they check it for breaches weekly, but having it on the observation area could result in some extreme carnage.

Scientist A notices a crack in the cube, glimpses 096's face when it passes by. 096 freaks out, breaks containment and kills A. Scientist B witnesses the event, and his death is witnessed by scientist C, and so on. Also, there should be some evidence of the sensors used to track it.
Modeler, Texturer, Animator in training, and novice voice actor.

Spread the word: http://infinitescopeproductions.blogspot.com/

Twisted Polygon wrote:No way would the foundation put the observation area directly next to such a dangerous object. it would be an incredible lapse in security. Yes, they check it for breaches weekly, but having it on the observation area could result in some extreme carnage.

Scientist A notices a crack in the cube, glimpses 096's face when it passes by. 096 freaks out, breaks containment and kills A. Scientist B witnesses the event, and his death is witnessed by scientist C, and so on. Also, there should be some evidence of the sensors used to track it.

Alright, that makes sense. I could change the layout of my design. The computer could be located in a seperate room, likely in the Entrance Zone. I just wanted to have it in the initial containment room because it would be pretty barren if it's just a steel cube in the middle of the room :?
I'm evil?

seaal wrote:There is really no way he could've gotten out unless a door malfunctioned or SOMEHOW someone saw his face which is literally impossible in this case. My bet is that SCP-079 released the door for it and was able to breach containment. With many people seeing it's face thru cameras.
There are no doors in its chamber, my guess is that there was a crack in the chamber, similar to what Twisted Polygon said.
I'm evil?

Skull wrote:The room would just be useless since SCP-096 already escaped. So, why bother make a room that's empty?
To show the aftermath of its escape, to really give the player a sense of how strong 096 is. Also, how did it end up in the site without being there in the first place?
Spoiler
And though it is fully capable of travelling from another site to kill someone in the site Containment Breach occurs in, that would be a lazy explanation. The room would also have a keycard, and maybe a set of S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E gear, so it wouldn't be entirely empty.
I'm evil?

Skull wrote:The room would just be useless since SCP-096 already escaped. So, why bother make a room that's empty?

Well, how about moving 096 in there then?
Personally I think it was wrong to put SCP-096 into that small and cramped Server-Room. And while it might be a pain to avoid him at first you can get through there in less than 20 seconds.

SCP-096 is a VERY tall SCP compared to others, and I find it a bit odd to find him in there... minding his own business. But that might be a personal thing because I wasn't quite happy with him idling on the floor back in 0.6 either.
Besides, we're talking about a terribly overpowered SCP. If you look at his face it's gameover unless you can leg it fast enough to the Exit. So ,unlike hiding SCP-049 (making it possible to completely SKIP this amazing Doctor), it would make more sense to put SCP-096 a bit further away from the player and bring another closer.
096 idling around his containment area would make more sense than finding him in the middle of some random Server room. (Not to mention that even though 096 is far away from his containment there is no destruction ANYWHERE. And that moron crashes through bloody HOUSES by running/falling down a HILL!)

So why would the player go to SCP-096's containment area in the first place? Good question. Maybe one could move the Electrical Room somewhere there? So, if you want the Gate B Ending you better have the balls to pass 096's area. If not, just avoid it. Or maybe place another Item somewhere there. I'm up for suggestions :D

P.S.
It was stated that the SCRAMBLE Gear did NOT work, and instead it was easier for them to simply avoid looking at it in the first place. I agree with that. If you consider putting SCP-096 further away from the player/making it unnecessary to even visit him in the first place, then you should not make it even easier to avoid him.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Atmosphere. You may think a room is pointless because it doesn't have a scripted event or SCP in it, but stuff like that really contributes to the atmosphere of the game. Rooms where there's only tattered remains of a previously functioning facility can only add more character to an otherwise monotonous area.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
Atmosphere. You may think a room is pointless because it doesn't have a scripted event or SCP in it, but stuff like that really contributes to the atmosphere of the game. Rooms where there's only tattered remains of a previously functioning facility can only add more character to an otherwise monotonous area.
Good point, but why would the player enter 096's room unless it's unavoidable. There would be no point unless there is something in there that you need.