Re: MTF model file

Spoiler
Sorry about the delayyyy..

More work, got screws and other attachments going now. Got to finish the scope and a few other minor parts, then we're off to the low poly world model and then anims for the MTF.
(not sure on finishing MTF textures though :035: )

Thing is I've never handled a p90 so it's lots of fun reverse engineering it based on some images and youtube videos. It looks OK as a world model for NPC's or prop, but probably GODAWFUL if I turned it into a view model for a players weapon.

Speaking of which, can the player still pick up the suicide guards p90 in the bathroom technically?

oh my LORD..

Mirocaine wrote:-snip-
Looking good so far. It has an ACOG attached, right?. Could I ask what is the upcoming attachment? The facility is an enclosed space so it would be very useful a Close-Encounters attachment, like a Comp M2 sight, or a Mepro 21. More examples in the spoiler.
Spoiler
- Comp M2
- Comp M3
- Comp M4
- Comp M4S
- Micro T-1
- Mepro 21
- MS01
- Mars
- Quick Shot 1x33
- 551 (Holographic)
- 552 (Holographic)
- 553 (Holographic)
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Steelpoint wrote:The P90 model looks very good so far, I question however how detailed we need the P90 to be since only NPC's will be using fire arms (AFAIK).

Speaking of the MTF model, is there an image on that?

He's been all rigged up and good to go! Some of the best inverse kinematics I've gotten yet, took only about a minute to pose.
Spoiler
MMMM YEAH SHAKE IT
You can also see I redid the texture map to mirror UV's to save space and improve on the texture quality in the bottom left window.

Anyhow the pants texture, gasmask lens and stuff is just a WIP, texturing is definitely one of my weaker points. This image doesn't show off the normal map either which I still have to work out a few kinks (cause blender has a rather poor normal map generator at some sharp edges and things).

I want the p90 to look as high quality as possible in order to possibly render out a player view model of it (for perhaps some :EXPUNGED: purpose in the future). Guns in games have 2 models, one for the one you shoot with on the right side of the screen (called the View Model) and the model which you see NPC's use and on the ground in the world (world model). The latter being lower quality and poly in order to compensate for large amounts of them in a scene possibly.

The MTF model still needs the p90 retopology done and textures. Then animating him is a whole different thing, human animations are a SOB because if you don't get it right, it just looks funny to other people when they watch it (cough, guard walking animations, cough).

I don't know, maybe I'll hire a mocap actor and figure out how to hell to wire mocap information to blender rigs. (Probably unlikely :DDDDD) but right now I also have classes I would not like to fail.

Final high poly P90:
Spoiler
See if I can get the low poly retopology up and running and get some textures baked and done this weekend.

Maybe some more MTF texture work too. :MTF2:
Brunou8 wrote:Looking good so far. It has an ACOG attached, right?. Could I ask what is the upcoming attachment? The facility is an enclosed space so it would be very useful a Close-Encounters attachment, like a Comp M2 sight, or a Mepro 21. More examples in the spoiler.
Spoiler
- Comp M2
- Comp M3
- Comp M4
- Comp M4S
- Micro T-1
- Mepro 21
- MS01
- Mars
- Quick Shot 1x33
- 551 (Holographic)
- 552 (Holographic)
- 553 (Holographic)
Well I didn't think of any specific scope in particular, I think the MTF have some advanced technology or something that makes it work in any close-far combat situation.
If I REALLY wanted to go indepth with customized MTF's, I could build seperate attachable scopes, flashlights, etc to the P90's.

Speaking of that.. one thing I could do is figure out how to generate a unique badge number on each MTF's arm. That's actually a pretty good idea, I'll do that.

Lowpoly model is finished (excluding the scope).

I tested baking normals on the top bracket piece to get an idea of what it might look like, I think it came out 4/5 excluding a couple triangle errors that are vaguely visible when I go over it with a point light.

Spoiler
So I'll finish the scope and start on unwrapping the rest of it and texturing a bit later. Then straight to working on the MTF textures a bit more and animating it all finally.
Night wrote:lawl.
I like the way the gun looks, it looks pretty pro.
by the way, with the MTF model; what about the torch thingy I added on his helmet, are you planning on implementing that too, or?
I saw the VPU and Torch pieces, I think the mask looks a bit too bare without it, so I'm definitely going to stick them on there. Perhaps the torch can emit a psuedo-light ingame with the MTF (that'd be kind've cool).

Mirocaine wrote:I saw the VPU and Torch pieces, I think the mask looks a bit too bare without it, so I'm definitely going to stick them on there. Perhaps the torch can emit a psuedo-light ingame with the MTF (that'd be kind've cool).
My idea is that they'd work similar to Cloakers from the Payday series.
The light from the NV is actually not in the model, but when you are very far it adds a glow sprite in-front of his face so that you can seem him. Up close it shrinks down .

EX:
From Distance
Close-Up

Working on baking Normals, Ambient Occlusion (and maybe a point light map?) for the P90.

Got some kinks I'm working out - lots of annoying triangles appearing on some parts inexplicably, although they seem very minor, it is annoying. I'll probably have to paint on the normal map to clean it up.

Protips:

Build your gun the right way up when your looking at reference images, cause ambient occlusion light is based on blenders Z axis, not on Y or X. (ROFL)

Always uncheck other parts of the gun your not rendering for a bake.

Anyhow I hope to get the diffuse and stuff done by the end of this week.