Re: (SUGGESTIONS) Canon 173 model

Raining Pixel wrote:I agree with ++Focus++, the original texture is just fine the way it is.
But their is one thing innacurate about it: the size and shape of the head. The current model's head is too large, and too round.
Spoiler
According to the official foundation picture, the head is smaller, and slightly cylindrical in shape, with a distinctive neck. it even has slight ears in this picture.
Spoiler
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Look, although I'd agree with a better looking 173, you should put some more fore-thought into this. Instead of throwing random posts and pictures at us, take some time to properly think it through.
Don't post half-assed models and expect people to replace it as canon ingame. If you put some proper effort into your posts then people give you a better response.

Yeah, the way 173 looks ingame doesn't look like the one from the Picture. But seriously, have you looked at Larry? He's a walking piece of poop. :D
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Serimah wrote:Look, although I'd agree with a better looking 173, you should put some more fore-thought into this. Instead of throwing random posts and pictures at us, take some time to properly think it through.
Don't post half-assed models and expect people to replace it as canon ingame. If you put some proper effort into your posts then people give you a better response.

Yeah, the way 173 looks ingame doesn't look like the one from the Picture. But seriously, have you looked at Larry? He's a walking piece of poop. :D
I know right? Good thing someone is making a new model for him.
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Serimah wrote:Look, although I'd agree with a better looking 173, you should put some more fore-thought into this. Instead of throwing random posts and pictures at us, take some time to properly think it through.

He does look like a bag of walking shit.

I'd love to see SCP-106's old texture with a glossy effect to it, making it "shine" off from the light.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...

I like the way that 173 in the game sorta departs from the original article picture in a way, because it looks more like a creature rather than something you'd find in an art exhibit. If you're going for accuracy, the Garry's Mod toy box 173 model is probably the closest, but I don't really like it just because of what I previously said.
Spoiler
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:I like the way that 173 in the game sorta departs from the original article picture in a way, because it looks more like a creature rather than something you'd find in an art exhibit. If you're going for accuracy, the Garry's Mod toy box 173 model is probably the closest, but I don't really like it just because of what I previously said.
Spoiler

Not really the closest, In my opinion, we got that model of SCP-173 by a long shot compared to the Gmod version... he really doesn't fit the profile of it; we got it closer.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...

++Focus++ wrote:
Omniary wrote:I like the way that 173 in the game sorta departs from the original article picture in a way, because it looks more like a creature rather than something you'd find in an art exhibit. If you're going for accuracy, the Garry's Mod toy box 173 model is probably the closest, but I don't really like it just because of what I previously said.

Not really the closest, In my opinion, we got that model of SCP-173 by a long shot compared to the Gmod version... he really doesn't fit the profile of it; we got it closer.
The general shape of it isn't exactly correct, but it's aesthetics are the closest imo, right down to the lines on the head and neck.

http://scpsandbox.wdfiles.com/local--fi ... %20die.JPG

I still stand by the fact that I think it's better 173 looks more like a living creature of concrete than some wooden sculpture. I think it personally looks fine how it is.
It slep time bunner.

Personally, I think that 173's model does need some work but not to make it look more like the "real" version. We don't have to make anything in this game exactly the way it is in canon since their really is no canon. It is up to our own interpretation. I have seen some artwork of 173 that make the markings on its face look like oddly placed mouths and think that is a perfectly legitimate way to see it. My opinion is that 173 needs to be made to look more like it is just a statue, but at the same time also look more demonic. Mainly, I think the face needs more details to look more threatening, the texture should be a little different to make it seem more statue like, and I think the proportions of the body need some adjustment, although I am not sure in what way. Just do whatever looks best for the game, accuracy does not matter as long as you can recognize it as clearly being 173 :173:
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

I like very much the SCP:CB model of 173, I would say I find it better than the original. I don't know, there is something about how smooth it seems and how is it shaped, but I find the game version to be a better work of art as an statue. It's... aesthetically pleasing? While fullsized original 173 looks like crap close up, ingame 173 looks like the done version. If I had to buy one of the as a statue as decoration I would buy de ingame on the spot.

Also 173 is a statue. A completely non threathening- statue, with no demonic magic, symbols, energies. Just concrete and paint. Then people blink and people die. Giving 173 a more menancing appearence takes away from what is the core of 173. What makes it scary and creepy its not it's appearance but how it behaves.
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.