My first model ;)

Well, I have my first model I've created that's a humanoid.

I've had the texture and everything settled with it, and I'm thinking of studying on animation to put this inside an FPS Creator game (Not based on SCP's).

Here's a pic:
Spoiler
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...

Re: My first model ;)

D-9999 wrote:Impressive... I like it, all it really needs is a wee bit more detail on the face and it'd be perfect o:
Yeah, I didn't manage to work on the face too much because I was just trying my luck on a model.

In the 3D View, under Object Tools, you should select 'Smooth' shading instead of flat.
Could I see a wireframe, the thing that prevents me from making humanoids is topology, the way you fit together the faces so they can smoothly be animated in a realistic and non-stretched manner.

Other than that, you might wanna try doing a subdivision and baking a normal, normal mapping is a good trick to learn when modelling for games.

mrpeanut188 wrote:In the 3D View, under Object Tools, you should select 'Smooth' shading instead of flat.
Could I see a wireframe, the thing that prevents me from making humanoids is topology, the way you fit together the faces so they can smoothly be animated in a realistic and non-stretched manner.

Other than that, you might wanna try doing a subdivision and baking a normal, normal mapping is a good trick to learn when modelling for games.
I have a normal for it ;). I also have a bump map for the specular texture.

SCP-Sean wrote:Why do I feel this model would be good for :106: (if it had a head change and was more High-Polygon) :?:
I can bring the quality of this model up a substantial amount, and I can improve the texture if needed.

I fucked up the model horribly (I can't even open it in Blender or Misfit Model 3d) and it isn't good at animation, I tried moving its arm and it stretched like a deformed creature, so the model isn't stable anymore.