Re: More NPC interaction with player

DrRichieRich wrote:Don't you agree? I mean we should find other alive NPCs that we exchange something for help or something. All I am saying is that we need more NPC interaction with the Player to add to the suspense factor. Here is one thing:
Heh, nice profile pic. On topic, I kinda agree with you, however I just think that 035 should be worked on a bit more, instead of a bunch of new SCPs that could do that. I think this because it's a direction that I honestly think that the game should not turn to - it's just not very fitting. I think it'd feel kinda like NPCs in some sort of quest, which is just... meh... nah.

I personally agree with Skin_. I don't think any human interaction is really necessary, and I really like the way it is with just the player versus a facility full of escaped SCPs. Being completely alone really magnifies the scare factor, and I think that's one of the key things that's made the game work so far.

If you go and add scientists it makes me think of the beginning of Half-Life 1 - all the talking leading up to the aliens actually invading followed by everyone commenting about how "the aliens are totally invading" and "how did we not see this coming" etc. for the rest of the game.

It's very hard to make them not sound cheesy and to actually add to the immersion, and I'm not so sure the pay off is really worth the trouble. The notes already do a fantastic job adding to the back story, and as Skin_ said, 035 already provides a little break with some NPC interaction. In my opinion that's all the game needs :)

I'd personally still be open to the idea if there were some more solid ideas as to what the NPCs would add to the game though!
Not that I have any say in the matter anyway, just my two cents! :D
Hey, if you've got a minute why not check out my modeling portfolio here!
Also be sure to check out my current project Equestrian Terrors!

I think that at this point aside from interacting with 035 and 079, there should not be any interaction with NPCs. However, I think that there should be more places in the game where you can see or overhear things happening with NPCs. Such as seeing a scientist run into a room ahead of you and locking the door, or seeing some people through a window.
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

I think that at this point aside from interacting with 035 and 079, there should not be any interaction with NPCs. However, I think that there should be more places in the game where you can see or overhear things happening with NPCs. Such as seeing a scientist run into a room ahead of you and locking the door, or seeing some people through a window.
I agree with you, but we need to add corpses from various dead Class-D/scientist or add atleast like a Class-D somewhere but a MTF Unit shoots him down. I'm just saying we need more factors that we know that people are somewhere in the facility either dead or alive.

AND another thing we need is that while the MTF is around the facility, it should atleast be saying that it is rescuing the trapped scientist.
SHUT UP GRANDMA DRINK YO PRUNE JUICE

I think it would be cool to have a area nt the entrance zone with two hallways and a rather long window going along the hallway allowing the player to see into the opposite hallway. and upon entering the area the player can look through the window and see a D-class running from an mtf then the mtf shoots the d-class, I thought it would be a pretty good idea
(especially since the first time i encountered nine-tailed fox i walked up to them thinking they would help) and maybe even have the mtf (after shooting the other D-class) look through the window at the player and say "your next"
*posts a comment on a forum* *checks for a reply every 5 seconds*

DoubtfulHen754 wrote:I think it would be cool to have a area nt the entrance zone with two hallways and a rather long window going along the hallway allowing the player to see into the opposite hallway. and upon entering the area the player can look through the window and see a D-class running from an mtf then the mtf shoots the d-class, I thought it would be a pretty good idea
(especially since the first time i encountered nine-tailed fox i walked up to them thinking they would help) and maybe even have the mtf (after shooting the other D-class) look through the window at the player and say "your next"
You know, that does sound like a reasonable idea, it would bring more of a suspence into the game thinking your followed by MTF units.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...