Re: SCP 682 Model

For the high-poly model and textures I use ZBrush, and for the low-poly model I use Blender. I don't think it really matters what level of skill you have to use either of these, you just have to practice, read up about modelling techniques, and look up tutorials about these two programs a lot (I didn't, so I kind of screwed myself in the beginning when I started modelling).
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Night wrote:Progress:
  • Concept Art
      • Moonsaber's:
        Spoiler
        Mine:
        Spoiler
    Mesh:
    • Low-poly Model:
      Spoiler
      High-poly Model & Normal Map:
      Spoiler
      Textures:
      Spoiler

tl;dr stuff about modelling for CB again
Spoiler
Alright, so I'm unsure about how to ask this, but what do you think about 682 getting implamented into SCP CB?

I know, I know; the first thing, for those of you who are aware, that might come up upon hearing such a proposal from me is either; the ever dreadful amount of time 096 took me to finish. Or the unfortunate turn of events of me finding out about topolgy and getting more in depth with 3d modelling (and art in general) which really affected my motivation to continue on the MTF model ,and what eventually led me to abandon the model.

But this time it's a little different.

I've started getting more into 3D modelling again, and this is because I'm going to start on a game with some of my friends (that we've wanted to make for quite a long time now), and I, as with the previous models,really find practising by contributing to something that I genuinely find interesting and cool a plus on all sides.

What makes this different? Well, mainly the fact I'm not as busy and the fact that I'm actually researching and learning about 3D modelling and the process of making a model; just recently actually I've posted a 106 head mesh with low poly, high poly, and low poly with normal maps (done by using ZBrush, which I really need to get used to) something I've never done before.
So i think there are better chances of me finishing this model unlike with the MTF.

I've already started on the 682 model, and I'm pretty pleased with it so far; and a bit later today I'm going to post a picture of the model. Currently on the phone and trying to sleep (tomorrow is my last exam for the year, but I just can't get this off my head :D).

But more importantly is if we even need a 682 model to begin with. I remember that there was a model from the game Six Eight Two that was intended to appear in CB at one point or the other, but was cut short due to problems Mirocaine encountered with exporting it I think.
But since I haven't really been around (despite occasionally 'lurking' from time to time) I'm unaware about the current circumstances regarding 682 being implemented into the game, so if there's anything I should be updated about say it.

That's about it, sorry for the long post but I just really wanted to get this out.

For now night I guess :P
i really don't like the Dinosaurish model. He would look better if it would look like kinda that and the one fromthe game SCP-682. Also it would look better if it'd be fatter and if it could walk with 4 and 2 legs.

dinosaur + alligator would be better? k, there's nothing I can do about it now though if I want to have some free time.

Progress from yesterday, was too tired to post.
gonna start slowly adding textures to the legs and tail, prolly going to finish with the hands and feet (and then there's the specular map, hair of course, and that'd be it for the mesh and off to rigging and animating).
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy