Re: Irrlicht Port

juanjpro wrote:Crouching works, and the "death animation" is looking pretty good.
[youtube]VNhVhnPZuXE[/youtube]
Now you've made me even more terrified to even touch the railings now. Does this mean I can fall off the catwalk and the 3-way gas room too? Rather, are you planning to apply that in all rooms? It sure is looking cool btw great progress :D
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

The last part of the video was just something to show off how the player would fall around when it dies. Jumping off the railing on purpose will be impossible to do unless I add a suicide option, and after uploading that video I made further changes to the player, so it'd still be pretty difficult.

Hmm, just wondering about the physics engine, what do you think about stuff like glass in the testroom and ragdoll physics a la the 106 victim that falls from the ceiling? I swear, every time I check back here, it gets more and more promising.
It slep time bunner.

I would love that falling off the railing death to be unique if the player died near a railing. Or if you were able to add in jumping mechanics so the player could jump off a railing and land on the ground with varying degrees of injury.
7 feet or less would result in the player stumbling to keep balance with an audible grunt.
9 to 12 feet would sprain your left or right feet with an audible "crack", the player wincing or yelping in pain before falling flat on the ground.
Anything higher like the gas bridge would make the player yell out in fright before crashing to the ground far below with an agonizing, gurgling grunt. This would cause instant death.
"Checklist completed, S.O.B."

Omniary wrote:Hmm, just wondering about the physics engine, what do you think about stuff like glass in the testroom and ragdoll physics a la the 106 victim that falls from the ceiling?
I really like those suggestions, just found something in Irrlicht's documentation that allows for manual animation of meshes, so ragdolls can be done. I'll probably add this later in development.
Spiffycat wrote:Anything higher like the gas bridge would make the player yell out in fright before crashing to the ground far below with an agonizing, gurgling grunt. This would cause instant death.
That sounds cool, it might work for the 939 storage room. I'll consider it.

I've been improving the implemented stuff and I'm working on rooms now, hopefully the map generation algorithm can be ported before the weekend.