Re: Irrlicht Port

MrGuilkeyFace wrote:When do you think another demo can be released?
I might upload another one soon just for testing the performance with all the new shaders. It probably won't reach 30 FPS with integrated GPUs, though the final product will allow you to disable some effects.
Omniary wrote:Mmm, DOF is looking mighty fine so far.
The screenshot doesn't show off DOF (though now it's actually implemented), it's just blurred around the edges of the screen.
Omniary wrote:You should try to apply it to inventory objects, like having a shallower effect when holding a document, a radio, or the navigator, instead of how the game currently makes the screen darker when you're equipping the S-Nav.
Will do.

I had an incident where I accidentally deleted my save. You should add a feature that asks if you want to delete your save should you press the button on accident.
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill
===============================

New demo: https://www.mediafire.com/?f7713o3xwqsh3gm

There may be a few issues with the shaders with Intel drivers (they missed a few nice features with their OpenGL implementation). If any of them fail to compile the game will draw things incorrectly ("nothing is drawn on the screen", "far things are drawn on top of near things", "DOF/fog don't work properly" are some issues that are likely to happen). If this happens, download this, put it in the demo's folder and run it. Close the game after the assets are loaded and upload output.txt somewhere.

juanjpro wrote:New demo: https://www.mediafire.com/?f7713o3xwqsh3gm

There may be a few issues with the shaders with Intel drivers (they missed a few nice features with their OpenGL implementation). If any of them fail to compile the game will draw things incorrectly ("nothing is drawn on the screen", "far things are drawn on top of near things", "DOF/fog don't work properly" are some issues that are likely to happen). If this happens, download this, put it in the demo's folder and run it. Close the game after the assets are loaded and upload output.txt somewhere.
Well the screen is completely black on start so I'm assuming that's not supposed to happen.

what I like most about this is the improved player and the fact that the lighting LOOKS SO GOOD! I wonder what outside will be like with the sun... but this port is pretty cool! is it easy to mod though, with the files open and you dont need all this software for image editing for it?
bleh

General_101 wrote:It looks a tad bit blurry though but that may be because it is locked to a small window.
Juicy wrote:Is it supposed to always look like this?
The DOF effect is a bit exaggerated right now, you need the align the center of the screen exactly with the object you're trying to focus on. Focusing on the void blurs the whole screen.
SCP-Sean wrote:is it easy to mod though, with the files open and you dont need all this software for image editing for it?
Modifying the assets in the GFX and SFX folders should be as easy as it is in the official versions. Source code modifications (such as Box of Horrors and Eric Breach) will need to be rewritten.
Last edited by juanjp600 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.