Re: SCPCBIrrlicht

Hardwired isn't stable enough to consider switching to, and since it's an extension for Blitz3D, it would still force the game to run on Windows only; Irrlicht is cross-platform. Also, CB's code is such a mess that a rewrite is pretty much required for stability.

AveryLP wrote:I think it's because he doesn't like the current incarnation of SCP-1074
This, and because I can't think of any good implementations for it. I was actually working on something better for it, but as progressed I realized that I still made it suck.

juanjpro wrote:
AveryLP wrote:I think it's because he doesn't like the current incarnation of SCP-1074
This, and because I can't think of any good implementations for it. I was actually working on something better for it, but as progressed I realized that I still made it suck.
Why not keep 1074, but re-do it and give it a better role?
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

AveryLP wrote:Why not keep 1074, but re-do it and give it a better role?
juanjpro wrote:because I can't think of any good implementations for it.
To elaborate, I can't think of anything that would stop 1074 from being a one-time only SCP that everyone can consistently avoid. We already have 513, 1123, 372 and 895 for that, and 1074 has an especially bad implementation. If you really want 1074 to be in the game, make a really good implementation for it, because I can't do it right myself.