Virtual Reality??? (No. NOT Oculus Rift.)

So lately, I have found a different kind of VR Headset:

http://www.stuff.tv/fove/hands-fove-vr- ... e=20140926

It is called "Fove" and one of it's greatest abilities is that it TRACKS YOUR EYE MOVEMENT.

Imagine, if you blink in real life, :173: and possibly in the other game, :087_2: moves closer. One eye blinks?? The game should would blink automatically.

Also, analyses the pupil too. So if you take a slight look to the right, he will get closer. DIRECT EYE CONTACT NEEDED.

And this could also work for that Insect thing. Right in the corner of your eye, not the character's.

But if you are in the gas room without a gas mask, well, the game should blink for you.

Re: Virtual Reality??? (No. NOT Oculus Rift.)

DeSujestor wrote: But if you are in the gas room without a gas mask, well, the game should blink for you.
Oh god, imagine if there were some metal straps in the headsets that closed your eyes forcefully..... man, that would be weird.
Juicy wrote:We can also use an add-on that kills you if you die in-game. It would be your fault because you failed.
And the 012 scene you actually feel your wrists being torn open, and when you get caught by 106 you can actually feel a strong slimy muddy grip on your throat!
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

RancidBuffalo wrote:It would be especially useful because it would allow the game to more accurately reflect your staring ability. The problem with automatic blinking is that some people can last much longer without blinking, and some don't last long at all. Now all we need is Virtuix Omni support...
Aw yes.
We gotta tell this to the developer!

DeSujestor wrote:
MonocleBios wrote:
DeSujestor wrote: Aw yes.
We gotta tell this to the developer!
Tell the developer what? That he should add support for a vr headset that nobody has based on the notion that it would look cool?
Future ideas genius.
Don't take that tone; you're essentially telling people (who are better than you) what to do, by telling the developer that he should add specific support for a VR headset that isn't even out yet. You don't even understand how the technology works; Blitz3D barely supports Oculus at the most basic level, let alone this new VR headset.

As a note to anyone else reading this, telling someone to do something when you don't understand it yourself is just stupid. That's why when people say to me "add scp-xxx into box of horrors", I pay no attention at all unless they suggest how I could implement said SCP.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote:
DeSujestor wrote:
Future ideas genius.
Don't take that tone; you're essentially telling people (who are better than you) what to do, by telling the developer that he should add specific support for a VR headset that isn't even out yet. You don't even understand how the technology works; Blitz3D barely supports Oculus at the most basic level, let alone this new VR headset.

As a note to anyone else reading this, telling someone to do something when you don't understand it yourself is just stupid. That's why when people say to me "add scp-xxx into box of horrors", I pay no attention at all unless they suggest how I could implement said SCP.
I not trying to literally force them into doing it. I am suggesting it.
I thought this was a place to post ideas.