SCP-096 ideas

More ways to anger :096::

SCRAMBLE gear:
(http://www.scp-wiki.net/incident-096-1-a)
Before encountering 096, the player could find a leftover pair of goggles laying around with a document explaining their purpose to scramble the image of :096:'s face, but there should also be a death message quote, document, screen, etc., saying how they don't quite work.

Security monitor showing 096: First, it should be said on a screen conversation or document that :096: likes to hang out in the server room before the player wonders upon it. There should be 2 security monitors somewhere. One would already be on, maybe displaying the scene where :096: is going to :EXPUNGED: the poor guard & the camera gets covered in blood. The other can be turned on, showing SCP-096 staring right into the camera, then throwing a fit when the screen is looked at, running to the player afterwards.

SCP-096 photos: The photo copies could be found in a secured box, and it could be implied on a nearby computer screen or document that they were saved for experimental purposes or by the Chaos Insurgency. If they were selected from the inventory & looked at, clicked through from a picture of just an empty cell, then the same cell w/ a pale, bony & creepy foot, then the face when the brief oh-crap-I-looked-at-:096:'s-face musical cue can be heard, then when the player least expects it, 096 rushes in for the kill.

Misc ideas-The following changes are suggested:

When :096: opens a door, it should be permanently opened with some visible damage, and the sound for the ripping open should be changed.

The tone to when you look at 096's face & the ambience to when he's after you should change to fit a more disturbing mood of "HOLYCRAPIMGOINGTOBERIPPEDAPART!!!"

Maybe a console command to disable 096 after he's spawned?

That's all. :)
SCP: Containment Breach can NEVER be too scary!
We must make it scarier!

But SugarLumpy-

SCARIER!!

Re: SCP-096 ideas

I wish the chase music when 096 has already been aggravated is much more intense, giving the player the sense that you've fucked up and will most certainly die.
096 should also burst through the elevator floor or roof if the player tries to escape from it by going into elevators that lead to different rooms.
Additionally, if the player manages to run out at either gate, there should be a special ending where the player is killed by 096 when it is still in pursuit.
Things like making the doors burst open when 096 forces it to open, and the door being permanently broken is a way to show that this creature is not to be reckoned with.

096 should be a more inexorable force when the player makes the mistake of aggravating it, and it should induce fear into the player.
"Checklist completed, S.O.B."

nightscout01 wrote:There is a command for disabling 096 once he's spawned. Type reset096 in the console.
I'd recommend against that. I wrote reset096 back when 096 was placed in a specific lockroom. It's highly prone to crashing your game now. Nobody bothered to update/remove the command when the new event came out since hardly anybody really used it anyway.
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:
nightscout01 wrote:There is a command for disabling 096 once he's spawned. Type reset096 in the console.
I'd recommend against that. I wrote reset096 back when 096 was placed in a specific lockroom. It's highly prone to crashing your game now. Nobody bothered to update/remove the command when the new event came out since hardly anybody really used it anyway.
So if there's not a lockroom2 in your map it will crash the game?

SugarLumpy wrote:More ways to anger :096::
Spoiler
SCRAMBLE gear:
(http://www.scp-wiki.net/incident-096-1-a)
Before encountering 096, the player could find a leftover pair of goggles laying around with a document explaining their purpose to scramble the image of :096:'s face, but there should also be a death message quote, document, screen, etc., saying how they don't quite work.

Security monitor showing 096: First, it should be said on a screen conversation or document that :096: likes to hang out in the server room before the player wonders upon it. There should be 2 security monitors somewhere. One would already be on, maybe displaying the scene where :096: is going to :EXPUNGED: the poor guard & the camera gets covered in blood. The other can be turned on, showing SCP-096 staring right into the camera, then throwing a fit when the screen is looked at, running to the player afterwards.

SCP-096 photos: The photo copies could be found in a secured box, and it could be implied on a nearby computer screen or document that they were saved for experimental purposes or by the Chaos Insurgency. If they were selected from the inventory & looked at, clicked through from a picture of just an empty cell, then the same cell w/ a pale, bony & creepy foot, then the face when the brief oh-crap-I-looked-at-:096:'s-face musical cue can be heard, then when the player least expects it, 096 rushes in for the kill.

Misc ideas-The following changes are suggested:

When :096: opens a door, it should be permanently opened with some visible damage, and the sound for the ripping open should be changed.

The tone to when you look at 096's face & the ambience to when he's after you should change to fit a more disturbing mood of "HOLYCRAPIMGOINGTOBERIPPEDAPART!!!"

Maybe a console command to disable 096 after he's spawned?

That's all. :)

I like, and dislike this, here is why.

1. SCRAMBLE GEAR - Nice Idea. Should be added just for asthetics.

2. SECURITY MONITOR - I like the Idea, but where would the Monitors be? and, I know where he is :REDACTED: the guard, but if he EVER does get a Containment chamber, it would be Motion Sensors, as said in the article.

3. DOOR DAMAGE - Love it. But 173 might screw you in the ass though,...

4. Love that Idea for music. But I think 096 Screaming it's lungs off is enough.

5. CONSOLE COMMAND - NEEDED. NAOW REGALIS. NAOW!