In & Out

To make SCP CB more interesting and harder, why not have the facility be like a maze? In the maze like facility, you can find random SCPs that attack, items to pick up. To get to from Light to Heavy, you will have to find the exit(s). The same applies from Heavy to Entrance.

Don't worry. The halls designs & mechanisms will be the same, but the facility shape will be different. Careful with those dead ends! Some of those can lead to SCP 106's Pocket Dimension!

To avoid OP SCPs, SCPs will move in a more realistic manner. They won't appear sporadically but move path to path. So now you can confine some SCPs. For instance, if you trap SCP 173 and lock him in a keycard door, SCP 173 won't escape, although will if the door is not keycard needed as it will hit the button...
(And yes, the beginning encounter of SCP 173 will be in the office, so moving backwards is ideal!)

It adds a really good feel of isolation & can help add more SCPs. You just don't know what Keter SCPs are hiding...

Speaking of SCPs, as part of a trick idea, the character can finally go out of the facility in the Light & Heavy zones. But there's no gate there, there's harmful SCPs (i.e. 1591, 804). MTFs can be seen monitoring & standing. They don't walk but do spin to keep an eye. If one sees you, you're doomed...
Last edited by Epickon on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: In & Out

I don't understand. Are you implying that the Facility should be more of a maze, and that it should be more confusing? If it's that, I don't agree with that. And since SCP's can't wander around the Facility until their events have been triggered, even though only some can wander, it would make no sense. If you found SCP-049 in 106's chamber but then he is back in his chamber, how confusing is that? If you are talking about NEW SCP's, Regalis is implementing Box of Horrors stuff, which will most likely be in-animate objects, except for a few NPC's. Why would Dead Ends lead to 106's pocket dimension? Didn't he already get a powerful boost of those big splotches in the middle of hallways, that pretty much instantly bring you to the pocket dimension? If you are talking about AI ambushing you, I highly doubt that would happen in such and Ancient Engine as Blitz3D. Though, I am probably giving it little credit, since 173 can still levitate in some areas, and 106 still floats if you get him in the right rooms. And about the last paragraph, are you indicating that there would be dead ends that SCP's can help you willingly, or attack you, and MTF's will just stand there and blast your head off immediately? The player can already go out the facility in the Heavy Containment zone. Gate A and B. An escape route in the Light Containment zones would make sense, but I'm guessing that's what the "Endrooms" are for. "Evacuation Shelters" that you can't access.

I'm not trying to insult you or anything, I'm just confused and are assuming things about what you meant. Please don't take this comment into offense, I meant nothing by it.

SyphenTV wrote:I don't understand. Are you implying that the Facility should be more of a maze, and that it should be more confusing? If it's that, I don't agree with that. And since SCP's can't wander around the Facility until their events have been triggered, even though only some can wander, it would make no sense. If you found SCP-049 in 106's chamber but then he is back in his chamber, how confusing is that? If you are talking about NEW SCP's, Regalis is implementing Box of Horrors stuff, which will most likely be in-animate objects, except for a few NPC's. Why would Dead Ends lead to 106's pocket dimension? Didn't he already get a powerful boost of those big splotches in the middle of hallways, that pretty much instantly bring you to the pocket dimension? If you are talking about AI ambushing you, I highly doubt that would happen in such and Ancient Engine as Blitz3D. Though, I am probably giving it little credit, since 173 can still levitate in some areas, and 106 still floats if you get him in the right rooms. And about the last paragraph, are you indicating that there would be dead ends that SCP's can help you willingly, or attack you, and MTF's will just stand there and blast your head off immediately? The player can already go out the facility in the Heavy Containment zone. Gate A and B. An escape route in the Light Containment zones would make sense, but I'm guessing that's what the "Endrooms" are for. "Evacuation Shelters" that you can't access.

I'm not trying to insult you or anything, I'm just confused and are assuming things about what you meant. Please don't take this comment into offense, I meant nothing by it.
To be simple, make the facility more difficult to escape. Tons of dead ends, tons of snares, tons of results...
I guess it was a little too confusing. Hopefully you see the edited one.
But thanks for your comment, Syphen.

don't worry kid you are still new, you will understand it later

but some of your idea is already in the game like making the game looks like a maze and scp move path to path
Furries and FnaF fan must be terminated to avoid incident-[REDACTED]
- DR.Yonzo

but this will make the game code became more complex and harder to mod. it also will make the game bigger and more sound files or texture needto be added. sigh, i hope blitz3d has kismet like udk
Furries and FnaF fan must be terminated to avoid incident-[REDACTED]
- DR.Yonzo