Re: Ambient Music

yonzo_rikuo wrote:i think scp cb will be creepier if the ambient music is sound more like ventilator hum. it will add more realism and the feel of loneliness
like this:
Spoiler
[youtube]ZPae-2nnsoY[/youtube]
and when a scp chase you there will be a slight change to the music.
FTFY
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

Ok, thanks guys, but I've been a bit busy so now I can finally respond in the right context.

Anyways, I'll use The Dread as an example.
Spoiler
[youtube]0DX-fdPzo4Y[/youtube]
Going to Firefox's point, yes, it is VERY much like Thief's soundtrack. The difference is Thief is more minimalistic and utilises more white (If that is the colour) noise before building up. SCP's soundtrack is more steady, something that might work, but only for a while because it doesn't fluctuate like in Thief, where the intensity might build or drop at random moments.
Hakkla wrote:I'd say for example Kammarheit - A Room Between The Rooms
I took a good look at this Hakkla, and honestly, this is SCP's track +intensity. It really works out well.
FireFox wrote:I did create more dynamic tracks to add a bit more variance such as Cognitohazard to play in SCP-035's Chamber when the Tentacles appeared.
Reverse delay? I've always wanted to try that, sounds fantastic.

I don't see how your tracks didn't make it in game.
yonzo_rikuo wrote:i think scp cb will be creepier if the ambient music is sound more like ventilator hum. it will add more realism and the feel of loneliness
like this:
Spoiler
[youtube]ZPae-2nnsoY[/youtube]
and when a scp chase you there will be a slight change to the music.
Ok, so here's one of the things I disagree with. I know you wanted the idea alone, but I think you're trying to go for something like this, if I'm right:
[youtube]UJnZmvlbPiA[/youtube]
It's not intended to be ambience, but it has the same idea.

Ok, almost done.
CLgaming wrote:This might not completely fit the cause here, but I might as well post it here.

Hopeless Ambience
That's 12 seconds long.

If there's anything else I missed, I'll edit.

You can actually use those type of ambiances, It will fit SCP: Containment Breach perfectly.
I'm a thread of yarn.

Eric? SHE PEES

"Run! Get to Gate-A or B! Try to run without SCP's and MTF's spotting you! Try to get items that help, and escape."