The Great SCP Page

Introduction:
Spoiler
I've had this thread on my topic drafts for too long, so I'm posting it even though it still needs some fleshing out. Basically, the soul of SCP:CB are the SCPs, and I've already expressed my views on what I think makes SCP fun for me (exploration and SCP interaction). I thus think it's important for there to be a thread listing all SCPs that can be added to the game. These SCPs are ranked in numerous criteria to choose the best for this particular usage, and there's a description too should any mod-maker take fancy in developing a specific SCP.
SCP Entry:
Spoiler
  • SCP Code (contains article link)
  • SCP Implementation (may have more than one)
  • SCP Criteria (contains overall score)
  • SCP Description
SCP Implementation:
Spoiler
  • AVL - Available for implementation
  • ABD - Implementation abandoned (contains thread link)
  • WIP - Currently being implemented (contains thread link)
  • MOD - Implemented in an SCP:CB modification (contains thread link)
  • IMP - Implemented in official SCP:CB
SCP Criteria:
Spoiler
  • Concept (C) - How interesting it it: Dull, overused or unremarkable | Interesting and original | Though-provoking and emotion inducing
  • Execution (E) - How plausible it is: Feels childish, naive or joke-like | Somewhat developed and explored | A serious, real entity with serious, real consequences
  • Interaction (I) - How does interacting with it feel like: Boring, repetitive or pointless | Provides an interesting experience | Amazing, awe-inducing or deeply unsettling
  • Progress (P) - How it affects progress in the game: Too easy or nearly impossible | Around same difficulty | Moderately easier or harder
  • Implementation (A) - How easy it is to implement it: Good luck with that... | Requires steady, decent effort | Shouldn't be too hard
  • Qualification (Q) - How qualified for SCP:CB the SCP is: Archived/Neutralised/Offsite/Immovable | Stored in known location | Stored in unknown or generic location
SCP Listing:
  • Until SCP-100
    Spoiler
    • SCP-048 - AVL - CEIPAQ 72% - An SCP number believed to be cursed.
    • SCP-093 - AVL - CEIPAQ 78% - A red disc that changes colour according to holder's regrets. Rolls in circles until resting on a mirror. Pressing disc on mirror allows subject to cross it to another dimension.
    • SCP-099 - AVL - CEIPAQ 83% - Painting that when viewed for too long gives subject the impression everything is making eye contact.
  • Until SCP-200
    Spoiler
    • SCP-119 - AVL - CEIPAQ 72% - Microwave oven that rapidly advances time of its contents and optionally the surrounding environment.
    • SCP-131 - AVL - CEIPAQ 72% - Friendly teardrop-shaped entities having one permanently open eye. Cooperates with and tries to protect friendly subjects.
    • SCP-162 - AVL - CEIPAQ 78% - A large ball made of sharp items that draws subjects to touch it.
  • Until SCP-300
    Spoiler
    • SCP-228 - WIP - CEIPAQ 83% - Photograph that changes when not looked at. Topics related to subject subconscious.
    • SCP-272 - AVL - CEIPAQ 67% - Nail that when dropped by subject embeds itself into ground. Nail cannot be removed by subject and subject shadow cannot leave nail.
    • SCP-289 - AVL - CEIPAQ 78% - Object that continuously increases inertia of objects in 1.6m radius.
  • Until SCP-400
    Spoiler
    • SCP-303 - AVL - CEIPAQ 89% - Entity that places itself behind doors. Subject cannot open door due to fear. Entity will disappear on its own or to avoid being fully seen.
    • SCP-316 - AVL - CEIPAQ 78% - Lamp that removes colour from non-reflective surfaces. Affected subjects are severely impaired.
  • Until SCP-500
    Spoiler
    • SCP-427 - AVL - CEIPAQ 83% - Locket that heals body when observed. Overexposure transforms subject into agressive mass of flesh.
    • SCP-479 - AVL - CEIPAQ 72% - Hallway in S14 that provokes hallucinations. Class-Ds report seeing from blood spots on surfaces to blood raining upwards.
  • Until SCP-600
    Spoiler
    • SCP-523 - AVL - CEIPAQ 72% - Entity that takes shape of useful items. When item is to be used it transforms into a useless or ironic item for the task.
  • Until SCP-700
    Spoiler
    • SCP-640 - AVL - CEIPAQ 89% - Hostile entity comprised of numerous light spots. Attacks by inflicting burns on subject.
  • Until SCP-800
    Spoiler
    • SCP-718 - AVL - CEIPAQ 78% - Eye stalks that explode into liquid if damaged. Affected surfaces grow additional stalks. Subject with stalk growths has enhanced vision.
    • SCP-753 - AVL - CEIPAQ 78% - Robot that produces disturbing pictures of its own death or of other humans.
  • Until SCP-900
    Spoiler
    • SCP-882 - AVL - CEIPAQ 78% - A silent machine that incorporates any metal it touches. Subjects are drawn to feed and worship it.
  • Until SCP-1000
    Spoiler
    • SCP-903 - AVL - CEIPAQ 00% - A tunnel in S19 with a monorail system. Objects put into monorail's cart disappear when it reaches tunnel's middle. The cart may activate on its own and deliver an anomalous item.
    • SCP-965 - AVL - CEIPAQ 00% - A shadowy figure that appears on a window when dark enough outside, and stays there until the window's broken. Inflicts severe psychological trauma on subjects.
    • SCP-966 - AVL - CEIPAQ 89% - Hostile entities visible only in infrared. Attacks by exausting and stressing subject.
    • SCP-970 - IMP - CEIPAQ 00% - A phenomenom whereby rooms are looped on themselves. The room and its contents may change after each loop.
    • SCP-990 - IMP - CEIPAQ 00% - A man that appears to Foundation personnel in dreams. Talks and shows to be knowledgeable about ominous events.
    • SCP-993 - AVL - CEIPAQ 00% - A television program hosted by a clown that shows and teaches children below ten years old horrifying activities. Subjects above ten years old immediately fall unconscious during the show.
    • SCP-999 - AVL - CEIPAQ 00% - An animated mass of orange slime that cuddles and pacifies most subjects.
Last edited by Hakkla on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 11 times in total.
SCP-079, SCP-294 & other models / SCP:CB Inventory Mod
I confirm you can win SCP:CB on Keter using only a keycard.

Re: The Great SCP Page

This is a very well made thread indeed! I've also had the idea floating around as well, however, it was more of a community task where people systematically go through the list and put every SCP on a certain tier for practicality in the game. The CEIPA format might be confusing at first glance to some but it's probably infinitely better than my idea. Can't wait to add some to these.
It slep time bunner.

InnocentSam wrote:You missed out SCP-022 ;)

Personal favourite of mine. Can't really implement it because the containment area isn't on an SCP site, but barring that small bit of lore, it'd be great to implement.
As a fun fact, the SCPs I've mentioned are mostly from the old boards, and some are suggestions of my own. I've disturbed the dust on thy olde threads trying to find suggestions that barely survived, since the game was at such an early stage.

I couldn't be arsed to sift 999 SCP articles just to make the list complete (and good grief there's still the 1K and 2K series to go through...). I regard it as a collaborative project. Besides, there were no decent (in my opinion, of course) SCP-8XX suggestions (and I didn't want to leave the list lacking an entry), so I read almost every SCP in that interval, and it was a pain in the arse to find something decent for SCP:CB. I could make a page-long rant about why this or that article are just not good enough (again, in my humble opinion...), but maybe another time.

As for staying canon to the wiki, and about offsite/declassified locations, I think it's starting to get noticeable there will be no way SCP:CB can both expand and remain faithful to the original articles - the best that can be done is an acceptable approximation. Take SCP-173 for example, it actually behaves differently in-game and in-article. In SCP:CB, 173 won't move if it's either in direct or indirect eyesight, but in the article, only direct line of sight will stop it from moving. If this was true in SCP:CB, 173 would do whatever the hell it'd want as long as no pixel on the screen is from 173's model - and let me tell you, I've considered that mod and it is bowel-evacuating material.

Take for example an SCP I've personally "lobbied" in the list, SCP-479. The article states it's located in S14, so if 479 was included in a canon-strict SCP:CB, only S14 or classified site location SCPs could be added. In fact, I don't even know if there are SCPs in SCP:CB that belong to different sites. And about offsite SCPs, yeah I've ignored each and every one so far, but maybe there's an SCP out there that could teleport you to such locations. Maybe there's an intranet of teleports inside and connecting each facility, possible an use of SCP-XXXX by the Foundation. Because, you know, their safety standards are crap. But it's a forced solution, not very elegant.

Tomorrow I'll see to adding a "Qualification" or "Approximation" criteria: red for decomissioned, archived, off-site SCPs, yellow for SCPs whose storage facility is declassified but fairly generic, and green for SCPs that could be in SCP:CB's facility or just about anywhere.

PS: Thank you for showing your appreciation for this thread! Yeah!
Last edited by Hakkla on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hakkla wrote:Take for example an SCP I've personally "lobbied" in the list, SCP-479. The article states it's located in S14, so if 479 was included in a canon-strict SCP:CB, only S14 or classified site location SCPs could be added. In fact, I don't even know if there are SCPs in SCP:CB that belong to different sites.
The game already explains how SCPs from a bunch of different sites are in the same location. The Notable MTFs document mentions that the site the game takes place in is merely a temporary site while the Foundation is repairing several other sites (not the best explanation but it's one nonetheless).

Also, does it really matter what the article states as the SCP's location? It's not like anyone's gonna freak out or care that SCP-XXX is in the same location as SCP-YYY. I mean obviously we can't use grounded SCPs such as a barn house in the middle of greenland or any stationary/large structure SCP, but it sounds more like you're just cutting any SCPs which have conflicting locations.

/takes diving helmet off

Okay, I've scourged the old forums, and these are all (well, around 99%) of the suggested SCPs. If you want to write the description/code of any, be my guest.
Spoiler
515-ARC
303: http://z13.invisionfree.com/Regalis/ind ... wtopic=544
088: http://i.imgur.com/d44ri.png
001-J
And these interesting ideas I've stumbled upon are also from there:
gasmask coarse 914 -> translucent plastic mask -> avoid 096
flashlight fine 914 -> high power light burst device -> scare 106

I like this thread. It's nice to see ideas with actual thought behind them, unlike some previous suggestions where there was no thought or consideration with how it would work gameplay and lore wise (even worse when said idea has already been declined by Reg)
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.