Re: Low poly SCP-096

hnesto986532 wrote:
Child Muncher wrote:
hnesto986532 wrote:I'm agree with you. In the original model, there is a lot of polys in this model that makes the game a little bit slowly... And there is no noticeable difference between your low poly model and the original model :laugh:

:096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096: :096:
MOD EDIT: User was warned and is on tier 2 for this post. Rule 1.
¿?
Child Muncher had called you (apparently) a retard for how you wrote your comment, which is harassment, so he got another warning which set him on Tier 2 ban. The ban lengths are in the rules.

SyphenTV wrote: Child Muncher had called you (apparently) a retard for how you wrote your comment, which is harassment, so he got another warning which set him on Tier 2 ban. The ban lengths are in the rules.
Yes, Child Muncher should surely know by now that not all users of this forum have English as their first language.

Back on topic, that low-poly model of 096 looks great, and would definitely be easier on the lower-end computers!

Strogg wrote:The original had 22900?! Nothing wrong with detailed work but that's kinda excessive for in-game use in single object. You can get the same apparent geometric detail with normal maps.
Hence him slimming down on the poly count. The differences are hardly if at all noticable and if it makes areas with 096 run more smoothly I'm all for it, no questions asked!
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

juanjpro wrote:
Phanalax wrote:The real question is, does it still deform properly? The problem with using decimate, is that it messes up joint topology.
As far as I can tell, it deforms the way it should.
That's awesome! That means we won't see 096 break his spine xD

juanjpro wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:There's a plugin for Blender, but I don't know that software.
I actually used Blender's decimate modifier to optimize the model.
Could have also used a multiresolution modifier and retopologized ontop of the model (probably in chunks, due to the high poly count). You'll get cleaner mesh than with using decimate. Still nice work though :)