SCP-423, the Self-Inserting Character

I thought about this for a little while, and I thought it would make a great addition to SCP:CB. Basically, I thought it would be possible to pick up a note beside the dead guard in the WC room (or somewhere else), and it would be hastily scribbled, reading: "But why? How could this happen?" and then closer to the bottom reads "How can I escape this?". When you enter SCP-423's containment chamber, it would manifest itself within the note, and answer the questions by making them appear on the paper.

Thoughts?
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

Re: SCP-423, the Self-Inserting Character

Sorry to be impatient, but does anyone actually have any thoughts on this?

423 can move between printed and written notes, letters and books ln paper or other solid, similar material used to write on. So, it starts appearing in the notes you are holding. Then, at some point, it may be inside of notes like the MTF note or the suggested 'suicide note', telling the player useful things (that the MTFs will kill you in the facility but won't at gate A on the MTF note, and tips on the suicide note).

I've been making edits to multiple notes, and I'll post them as soon as I can.
Last edited by WillWow_mc on Tue May 17, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

Actually this is a pretty good idea and it would also make a sense to add (as it can help out for some players in the game, like you suggested with the MTF Units not killing you at GateA). However, this won't be implemented in 1.3 (as we now have to simply do the stuff we planned for this version and the test and release it). However, I can think about it for 1.4, but I can't say if it will be implemented in 1.4 or not (depends on the opinion of Vane Brain and Regalis too).

SyphenTV wrote:Frankly, it's a dumb idea. Other then telling to the player "THE BIG MEN WITH GUN IS BAD >:(", there's no point to having it.
Well yeah, I thought about that in the first place too. As I said, it will probably make only sense for starters of SCP:CB who might not know that the MTF Units are dangerous, but other than that, I also couldn't find that much of a use (it can be implemented in 1.4, but first, it needs to have a good reason to actually be implemented). Well, it could at some point make kind of sense, but for most of these things, it wouldn't be necessary to actually get those questions answered.
I had the idea to make it able to actually print documents with your own text (in this case questions) which can be answered by this SCP. BUT: It would simply not be worth it to try making it because it would be pretty complicated and then there needs to be a lot of programming to be done just for that specific SCP and it wouldn't be used/appear too often anyway.

SyphenTV wrote:Frankly, it's a dumb idea. Other then telling to the player "THE BIG MEN WITH GUN IS BAD >:(", there's no point to having it.
Do you have an idea on how to make it work? I'm being honest when I say that, not being rude, I'd like to see how this idea could be improved.

And I'd just like to mention the Shadow Lamps, Infinite Hallway and the 3D glasses. This SCP would probably be more useful/interesting than those SCPs if implemented correctly. But I'm not insulting those SCPs; I'm just saying that you can't exactly say that my idea is silly if those ones are in the game.

I'm hoping that you have an idea on improving the concept of SCP-423, or that you think it might be pretty interesting to implement because of it's mechanic. :)

(PS: I've edited this post like four times or so to make sure I wasn't sounding offensive, because I don't want to seem like a defensive ass!! xD )
Last edited by WillWow_mc on Tue May 17, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.