Re: SCP-860-1 (The Forest)

Agent Ulgrin wrote:2 problem(s) remains now.

1. How will this affect SCP-106 and SCP-096, wouldn't they just teleport next to the player when they enter the forest?

2. Using noclip trough the walls and door would be rather impossible due to the player being teleported there (or it's an event?)
1. They won't follow you to the forest, the door closes instantly after you've stepped into the forest leaving them in the facility.

2. You would only be teleported to the forest if you go through the portal when the door is open, and I don't see how that is a problem, just don't go through the portal if you don't want to end up in the forest. :)
juanjpro wrote:And by the way, I found the old 860 implementation I made before, and made this:
Spoiler
The DrawPortal doesn't look like a simple sprite anymore :) I also applied the texture to the room itself for testing purposes, but that shouldn't be in the final version.
That sounds really good, would you mind sending me the code? The current drawportal looks okay after I made the camera in the forest rotate depending on the angle from which the portal is being viewed, but the pixellation still looks pretty bad when going through the door.
Agent Ulgrin wrote:I am aware of that others will probably see our little chit-chat that spoils it sadly.
I don't think it spoils anything; as long as it looks convincing, it makes no difference how the effect is done "under the hood". For example, I haven't heard anyone complaining about the fact that you teleport into a completely different room when the lights go out after the intro.
Agent Ulgrin wrote:Question now remains, what happens if the player tries to climb the height map/the little bumps? And about the trees appearing behind the player and aswell as the path separating etc.
The player slides down the slope if he tries to climb outside the path. I admit that it feels a bit weird that D-9341 can't climb up a slope that any normal person could, but making the bumps even steeper than now would look bad and take it too far from the picture in the article. I can't think of a better way to do it - making the forest so thick that the player can't fit past the trees would hurt the FPS and probably look weird, so I guess preventing the player from climbing the bumps is a compromise I'll have to make.
FireFox wrote:SCP-860 Ambience by FireFox

SCP-860 Ambience Danger by FireFox

These are two Tracks I came up with some months ago.
Thanks, I actually picked up these already and put them in. I took the liberty of editing them a bit though (and mixed them with some of the other tracks you've made):

The first is the general background track and the second one starts when the monster starts chasing the player. The chase track doesn't start playing until the player sees the monster, so it doesn't automatically tell the player that the monster is chasing him. Constructive criticism is more than welcome.
Omniary wrote:Oh! I just found an ambient clip I sent you not too far back Regalis. It was actually intended for the Office Zone, but it seems like it's pretty good for some distant sort of bird call. It's under the same name as I sent it to you. (https://soundcloud.com/redacted-2/ambient11)
This is pretty much the kind of sounds I had in mind, thanks for pointing it out!

Regalis wrote:That sounds really good, would you mind sending me the code? The current drawportal looks okay after I made the camera in the forest rotate depending on the angle from which the portal is being viewed, but the pixellation still looks pretty bad when going through the door.
Sent the code :)

Regalis wrote:
FireFox wrote:SCP-860 Ambience by FireFox

SCP-860 Ambience Danger by FireFox

These are two Tracks I came up with some months ago.
Thanks, I actually picked up these already and put them in. I took the liberty of editing them a bit though (and mixed them with some of the other tracks you've made):

The first is the general background track and the second one starts when the monster starts chasing the player. The chase track doesn't start playing until the player sees the monster, so it doesn't automatically tell the player that the monster is chasing him. Constructive criticism is more than welcome.
Remarkable editing, Regalis!

Those sounded pretty Epic! I really love how you mixed in the MTF Hunt Theme with the Danger Track.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

Mirocaine wrote:Glad to see this project finally get's accomplished. It's surprising how far a (free, indie) game like this has come with the support of the community!
Yeah. It has finally escalated to near-completion. I can't wait to see the forest beast and say "What's new, pussycat? WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!" :P
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557